The Wrap Up: Centrals v Glenelg @ Playford Alive Oval

2 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Centrals v Glenelg @ Playford Alive Oval Empty The Wrap Up: Centrals v Glenelg @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Admin Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:25 pm

Centrals 4.2 9.6 13.7 22.10.142
Glenelg  3.1 5.4 11.6  12.7.79

Centrals dominated early, before Glenelg mounted a comeback, before Centrals ran riot in the last quarter, slamming home the last 9 goals of the game to rebound from their loss to Norwood last week, and send Glenelg crashing back to earth after last week's big win over North.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Centrals v Glenelg @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Centrals v Glenelg @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by bayman Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:42 pm

i thought our endeavour was first class for the first three terms & we refused to buckle under pressure in the first half, i thought our run & carry in the third was some of the best footy i've seen from a Glenelg team in about 4 years & we had Central under pressure with our leg speed & ball movement, no doubt the smart tactics Central adopted in the last term was the catalyst in them surging to an impressive win, they knew if it stayed a shoot out Glenelg would have more pace & could over run them so they decided to make it congested footy & keep it like that until they could get the ball out which they did with complete ease & run forward & goal, when it got to about a 5 goal lead the boys heads seem to drop & a professional Central team made us pay with a 10 goal loss & if everyone was fair that game didn't deserve a 10 goal margin

points for optimism......

skill level seems to be improving

our much maligned fitness seems to be there now, perhaps they are all putting in the extra effort required

with Hender, Hooper, possibly Sellar & say 2 or 3 more big bodies on the park & this team could develop into a decent team very decent team
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum