The Wrap Up: Port v Centrals @ Alberton Oval

4 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: Port v Centrals @ Alberton Oval Empty The Wrap Up: Port v Centrals @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Port       2.1 9.2  9.9   13.14.92
Centrals 6.3 9.5 16.11 21.12.138

Centrals lock up the final place in the top 5 with a big 46 point win over Port, ending Port's finals chances.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Port v Centrals @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Port v Centrals @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:13 pm

For the second week in a row, the Dogs have a dominant win. Besides late in the second quarter and early in the last quarter, the game was predominantly all Centrals, particularly in time on of the third and last quarters where they kicked 8 goals to none. The Dogs would also be encouraged by the even contribution by many players today.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: Port v Centrals @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: Port v Centrals @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:14 pm

i wonder what the outcome would have been if those 7 points in the third term were goals ??
i don't think the final scoreboard indicated the actual match, the main difference today was class Central had more class, & composure than Port who at least twice got to within 21 points in the last term & was coming home with a 2-3 goal wind & it was definitely the scoring end, while i don't think they'll trouble Norwood i think the other finalists will be looking over their shoulders, i thought Centrals best was Paul Thomas who just keeps getting better & another player who should have played more AFL matches than he did, i thought Josh Thurgood with his presenting & goals was Ports best, they lost some drive up forward when he got moved, was an entertaining game to watch

one umpire today GUESSED a free for a throw in the last term when he was on the blind side of a pack & for those in the outer will know it wasn't a throw, please Mr Umpire DO NOT GUESS
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:36 am

Well.

The first quarter was a sign of things to come as Central ran the ball from defence into attack with ease, spotted up targets and used the breeze to their advantage at the Southern end, having 9 scoring shots to 3 in the opening stanza.

Port hit back with the breeze at their back in the second quarter kicking straight and holding the ball in our forward half for long periods of time. It looked as though the last half was going to be a beauty. It was for about 15 minutes.

With Central leading by 12 points about 10 minutes into the third I went into the club rooms to watch AR7. I come out about 10 minutes (1 pint) later and its 44 points.

I watched some races for the last quarter, bar a look every 5 minutes or so at the score.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down