firstblood
Brucetiki
Admin
C.K
Lee
36 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Channel 7 the SANFL preferred broadcaster for 2014  Empty Channel 7 the SANFL preferred broadcaster for 2014

Post by Lee Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:53 am

That's the latest news, although Channel 2 must still be in the running.

Normally this would be good news, but there are a lot of conspiracy theories around right now.

I hear this isn't dependent on having AFL reserves teams.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Channel 7 the SANFL preferred broadcaster for 2014  Empty Re: Channel 7 the SANFL preferred broadcaster for 2014

Post by C.K Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:15 am

As the wording of the information released states - Channel 7 has been announced as the SANFL's preferred commercial television broadcaster, and as stated in this morning's Advertiser, the SANFL is continuing negotiations with ABC-TV also.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Channel 7 the SANFL preferred broadcaster for 2014  Empty Re: Channel 7 the SANFL preferred broadcaster for 2014

Post by Admin Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:18 am

SANFL ANNOUNCES PREFERRED COMMERCIAL TV PARTNER – CHANNEL SEVEN

The SANFL has announced its preferred commercial TV partner for the 2014 season, with the Seven Network to broadcast SANFL league games live each week under a proposed three-year agreement.

The agreement would see one SANFL league match broadcast live each round on Seven from the 2014 season.

The League has negotiated the live broadcast production with McGuire Media, which would rotate around the SANFL’s suburban venues. The proposal includes:
- Five to six cameras at every broadcast game;
- Guaranteed media and cross-promotion across the Seven Network; and
- Coverage of SANFL Finals.

SANFL Executive Commissioner Leigh Whicker said the league was now seeking partners to fund the agreement.

“We are very enthusiastic about the possibility of partnering with Channel 7 and have had exploratory talks with corporate partners keen to become involved,” Mr Whicker said.

“The flexibility of the commercial broadcast platform gives us scope to showcase the competition to a wider audience.

“We are also discussing some very exciting ideas with Channel 7 and McGuire Media including blockbuster matches and the possibility of night finals.”
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Would be great if Channel 7 and the ABC both cover SANFL. The more SANFL TV coverage the better IMO.

The main query I have with Channel 7 doing it is how will they work it with their AFL commitments? Will the Channel 7 game be on in bizarre timeslots to suit their AFL broadcast needs? Will the matches be on 7TWO (unlikely) on 7mate (possible given they recently showed the A-League All Stars v Manchester United and Melbourne Victory v Liverpool matches on 7mate).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:06 pm

Brucetiki wrote:Would be great if Channel 7 and the ABC both cover SANFL.  The more SANFL TV coverage the better IMO.

The main query I have with Channel 7 doing it is how will they work it with their AFL commitments?  Will the Channel 7 game be on in bizarre timeslots to suit their AFL broadcast needs?  Will the matches be on 7TWO (unlikely) on 7mate (possible given they recently showed the A-League All Stars v Manchester United and Melbourne Victory v Liverpool matches on 7mate).

Could Ch 7 possibly telecast a Sunday game if committed to a AFL game on the Saurday?
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 pm

firstblood wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:Would be great if Channel 7 and the ABC both cover SANFL.  The more SANFL TV coverage the better IMO.

The main query I have with Channel 7 doing it is how will they work it with their AFL commitments?  Will the Channel 7 game be on in bizarre timeslots to suit their AFL broadcast needs?  Will the matches be on 7TWO (unlikely) on 7mate (possible given they recently showed the A-League All Stars v Manchester United and Melbourne Victory v Liverpool matches on 7mate).

Could Ch 7 possibly telecast a Sunday game if committed to a AFL game on the Saurday?

Channel 7 do a Friday Night, Saturday, Saturday Night and Sunday game. If they were going to broadcast on the main channel, where would they fit the SANFL? If they did it on a secondary channel, then that becomes a moot point, but the ratings for the secondary channels are (except for when GEM has the Ashes on) abysmal at best (usually hovering around the 3% mark at best).

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:11 pm

The wording in the title is interesting.
A marketer's feast really.
When they say "preferred" but ABC is still in the mix, do we read that as "preferred as long as the AFC is playing in the sanfl next year"?

Why do you have a "preferred" boradcaster anyway. Either you have a broadcaster whose terms are superior to the competition and they are awarded the contract or not.

I read "preferred" = conditional.

Conspiracy theories rage on..........
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:10 pm

My mail is that C7 want to have one of their digital channels sports focused. I think its pretty likely where the SANFL will be shown and I don't think it will be their main channel!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by eartotheground Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Stumbling blocks appearing everywhere in this proposal at the moment, particularly SANFL clubs realising that the promises of greater exposure may never be able to be met with this broadcaster. Add to that, that the broadcaster is not prepared to pay production costs, and the chances of ABC-TV remaining grows
Alternative options are still in the mix. There are some logisitical issues with a couple of these, particularly exactly how much control one option will have over the product/personnel.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 pm

eartotheground wrote:Stumbling blocks appearing everywhere in this proposal at the moment, particularly SANFL clubs realising that the promises of greater exposure may never be able to be met with this broadcaster. Add to that, that the broadcaster is not prepared to pay production costs, and the chances of ABC-TV remaining grows
Alternative options are still in the mix. There are some logisitical issues with a couple of these, particularly exactly how much control one option will have over the product/personnel.
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/murky-questions-remain-on-aflsanfl-deal/story-fnia3nqh-1226705267544

The SANFL is at a dangerous point. The promise of a return to commercial television for the first time since 1991 - on 7Mate - is crumbling against the reality it is too difficult to bankroll the $1 million production costs Seven will not touch.

The SANFL is now hoping the non-commercial ABC will stay, at least for the next three years. How does this change the bottom lines of the SANFL clubs that voted yes on the "promise" the Crows reserves would bring back the bright lights of commercial television?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:11 am

Appears the same information filtering through to various places, Big Phil - what have you heard about it, apart from this?

All getting very interesting now, by the sounds. One local company - not ABC - may find their situation changing.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Getting closer...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/sanfls-potential-deal-with-channel-7-offers-more-than-just-weekly-telecasts/story-fnii0294-1226755214903

Michaelangelo Rucci wrote:

SANFL's potential deal with Channel 7 offers more than just weekly telecasts

And the unprecedented investment of almost $1 million a season for the next three years goes far beyond weekend telecasts of the state league.

The production package offered by Eddie McGuire's Melbourne-based media company also will boost the SANFL's image on the Internet and social media.

Negotiations for sponsors to bankroll the SANFL's return to commercial television - for the first time since 1991 - are down to one final backer that has been brought to the talks by the Port Adelaide Football Club. The deal could be closed by next Friday.

With the finances secrured, the SA Football Commission at the end of the month is expected to endorse the McGuire deal that will have SANFL games shown on Channel Seven's sports-dedicated 7-Mate digital signal.

It also should spell the end of the SANFL's association with the non-commercial ABC which has carried state league games exclusively since Channel Nine stepped away in 1991.

To stay with the ABC would cost the SANFL as much as $150,000 in support fees to the national broadcaster. But the ABC cannot guarantee coverage beyond next season and has declined the SANFL's wish for a three-year agreement.

McGuire Media and Channel Seven's talks in anticipation of their SANFL partnership goes far beyond simply keeping the state league on television.

The production papers also emphasise "rejuvenating the league's image" and "expanding the SANFL clubs' commercial opportunities".

The latter is not possible on the ABC which has a charter forbidding commerical endorsements.

Offering new sponsors the chance to promote their businesses during an SANFL telecast could secure much-needed new financing for some cash-strapped SANFL clubs.

McGuire Media's production philosophy also vows to "deliver the SANFL into the 21st century". This is to be primarily achieved with six cameras used in each telecast.

But McGuire Media also is offering its marketing expertise to help the SANFL and its clubs develop stronger images on new media platforms, in particular mobile devices with an official league app that is critical for driving a new, younger supporter base.

Channel Seven's commitment is to go far beyond simply taking the McGuire Media feed from an SANFL game to fill air time on 7-Mate.

Seven also is embracing the SANFL by vowing to promote the state league - and its television coverage - during high-rating AFL telecasts on the network's main signal.

The SANFL next year will return to a 10-team competition for the first time since 1991 with the introduction of the Crows reserves team.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:50 pm

I have to say that I hold the current SANFL management in the lowest possible regard. But even then, I find it hard to believe they'd really hand Eddie McGuire a million dollars a year, to put the telecast on his second division channel, plus a vague sounding promise to.
QUOTE: "rejuvenating the league's image" and "expanding the SANFL clubs' commercial opportunities".
Whatever that means.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:56 pm

well i wont be able to watch games as i haven't got these type of stations available to me, not that i ever used to watch live games i did watch the midweek replays.............so in 3 years time ch7 decide it isn't viable enough to continue broadcasting what happens then ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:59 am

Well it's been a year by year thing in recent years with ABC anyway, if this is for 3 years at least it's secure for a bit.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:13 pm

I wonder if they've thought of mirroring the ABC's iview access of SANFL games for interstate fans?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:16 pm

This one not completely over the line, might be an interesting spanner in the works yet.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:29 pm

eartotheground wrote:This one not completely over the line, might be an interesting spanner in the works yet.
Not enough sponsor dollars?

That still leaves a glimmer of hope for the likes of Neil Cross, Kym Morgan and Chris Kendall will still be on ABC TV next year, then?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:34 pm

9/GEM?
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:42 pm

eartotheground wrote:This one not completely over the line, might be an interesting spanner in the works yet.

Is this spanner still in the works, eartotheground? I've heard there could be an announcement about TV coverage of the SANFL in the coming days...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by eartotheground Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:15 pm

You may be right, I'm sure we will find out in time.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:38 pm

eartotheground wrote:You may be right, I'm sure we will find out in time.
We will find out tomorrow night, I'm led to believe...

Watch the news...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Big Phil wrote:

Watch the news...

ok, i'll ask it, for the news which station do we watch ?

i can't see how Gem & the equivalent stations can broadcast the footy when the other states & territories will have little or no interest in it.....unless they use the same system the ABC did
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:25 pm

bayman wrote:
Big Phil wrote:

Watch the news...

ok, i'll ask it, for the news which station do we watch ?

i can't see how Gem & the equivalent stations can broadcast the footy when the other states & territories will have little or no interest in it.....unless they use the same system the ABC did

Look at the title of this thread, bayman Wink
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next