will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers

+4
Scrappy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
the prowler
bayman
8 posters

Go down

will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  Empty will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:07 pm

will the SANFL finally come to terms with the FACT that $14.00 & $8.00 concession is way too much to charge for a game of footy ? this is why we are getting less than 2,000 people to games, in this day & age with the bills for electricity, gas plus other household costs going through the roof & off course lets add petrol, PEOPLE CAN NOT AFFORD TO GO TO FOOTBALL AT THESE PRICES, footy used to be a game of the people for the people but the game has taking the affordability away from the people, perhaps it is a conspiracy to show a graph that less & less people are going to SANFL footy to make it an ''easier decision'' to let the AFL FRANCHISES INTO the league..........

get the prices down before it is too late
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  Empty Re: will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers

Post by the prowler Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:12 pm

It is to late bayman, they should never had risen when the SANFL bailed out the Power and the Crows to a lesser degree.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the crowds seem about the same when matches were $10 then $12 now $14.

the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  Empty Re: will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:15 pm

better late than never

there is no way (imho) we were getting crowds of 1100, 1600 etc to games when it was $10.00 to get in
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:58 pm

A retail analogy.

It's a bit like Kmart selling 100 Widgets @ $5 or David Jones selling 50 Widgets @ $10.

With 100 Widgets sale, you get more people in the store who might buy other things too.

Getting people to the store is the key.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:A retail analogy.

It's a bit like Kmart selling 100 Widgets @ $5 or David Jones selling 50 Widgets @ $10.

With 100 Widgets sale, you get more people in the store who might buy other things too.

will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1707509332 will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1707509332 will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1707509332 

if i knew how to do the hand clapping emoticons they'd be there as well
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:27 pm

There are various reasons why crowds have dropped at the races
And this is a very rough calculation on whats happened at the gate

Here's an analogy of sorts
Using an approximation of entrance fees over the decades

$2 admission
5,000 crowd
$10,000 takings

$4 admission
2,500 crowd
$10,000 takings

$8 admission
1250 crowd
$10,000 takings

$12 admission
833 crowd
$10,000 takings

At this rate the progression continues in the 10 year cycle

416 crowd $24 each
208 crowd $48 each
104 crowd $96 each
52 crowd $192 each
26 crowd $384 each
13 crowd $768 each
6 crowd $1666 each
3 crowd $3333 each
2 crowd $5,000 each
1 person $10,00 admittance

So in about 100 years time , as long as 1 paying customer pays to get in, the club will still take $10,000

I have not taken inflation into account , but we can see what is happening by raising admissions to cover attendance droppage
It will NEVER happen the way I have portrayed , but its kind of happening by this progression
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:55 pm

Scrappy, I understand the analogy you are using but I think to compare the races to footy crowds is like comparing apples with oranges.

Racing attendances started dropping of as soon as pubs and clubs got sky channel, with live coverage of every race in the country every day of the week. I know many people who go to there local pub or club to watch the races, have a drink, and don't have the hassle of driving home because of drink driving laws. Nothing to do with admission prices.

I have been into my local on many Saturday afternoons during the summer and it is well attended.

On top of all of this, if you can afford Foxtel, the race channels ( two of them I think) is included with the cheapest subscription, so a lot of people watch the races from the luxury of there own lounge chairs.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:03 pm

testy wrote:
Scrappy, I understand the analogy you are using but I think to compare the races to footy crowds is like comparing apples with oranges.

Racing attendances started dropping of as soon as pubs and clubs got sky channel, with live coverage of every race in the country every day of the week. I know many people who go to there local pub or club to watch the races, have a drink, and don't have the hassle of driving home because of drink driving laws. Nothing to do with admission prices.

I have been into my local on many Saturday afternoons during the summer and it is well attended.

On top of all of this, if you can afford Foxtel, the race channels ( two of them I think) is included with the cheapest subscription, so a lot of people watch the races from the luxury of there own lounge chairs.  

Correct Testy
I was just using a zooped up example for discussion purposes
Yes Foxtel and Sky at home is why I've stopped going as well.
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:52 pm

Scrappy wrote:
testy wrote:

Correct Testy
I was just using a zooped up example for discussion purposes
Yes Foxtel and Sky at home is why I've stopped going as well.

along with being 'tight' Laughing Laughing 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 pm

bayman wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:A retail analogy.

will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1707509332 will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1707509332 will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1707509332 

if i knew how to do the hand clapping emoticons they'd be there as well

will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1672671459 will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1672671459 will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1672671459 will the SANFL learn ? re crowd numbers  1672671459 
firstblood
firstblood

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by The Emperor Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:36 am

the more people through the gates = more revenue via food and beverage which surely helps the clubs
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:09 pm

Beverage, BBQ and Club Merchandise yes, but not so sure about any percentage of the food take, isn't that the domain of an SANFL contractor ?? please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:36 pm

South do their own catering match days and retain the profits.

the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down