Scoring against Norwood

2 posters

Go down

Scoring against Norwood Empty Scoring against Norwood

Post by Lee Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:08 pm

I'd guess the average score against Norwood last season and this would be hardly 8 goals a game.

I think Sturt might have scored about 14 goals in one game last year, but generally it's
less than 10.

Could Spelly or anyone give some stats on this to clarify and the average goals by each team against Norwood in that period, please?

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Scoring against Norwood Empty Re: Scoring against Norwood

Post by Go Legs Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:49 pm

I am not being funny or giving you a razz R&B, you know better than that.

I think Norwood's defence is the key to it success over the last 3 years, you don't need stats to work that out, they are miserly when it comes to giving any team a score ask the Blues who scored just 2 goals on us last week. And the Bays before that.

Of course it does help when a team persistently plays 18 down back when we have the ball, going forward, chances of a fast break goal are nearly impossible.

I counted the entire Westies team ahead of the ball when we had the play on our half forward line, you would think that's about as negative as you can get. and made it easy for our backs to stand back and rebound over and over again.

If you want to neat Norwood, Westies are going to have to come up with another game plan, its as simple as that. It seems to me that if Westies had stuck to man on man and the form that you showed around the clearances you would have won yesterday.
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:07 pm

What you say is pretty right, GL, but you would have seen all 18 players forward of centre when West were attacking also often. You would see that by every side at every game often, if it's a slow play.

I wasn't having a go at Norwood. On the contrary, the point I was making is that no team scores much against Norwood. They use that as a springboard to attack and they do it very well and good on them. It's up to the other teams to do it as well, or better.

This year, West are no more defensive than any team. Sturt kicked only 2 or 3 goals against Norwood last week and no team yesterday kicked many at any of the games.

As for a different game plan, we lost by 3 points tomthe top team on their home ground, so I think hat's a bit harsh perhaps.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Three points is probably an incorrect glow on the final result, Norwood had 2 goals disallowed by umpires for god knows whatever reason and we kicked 2 points from point blank dead center in front in the dying minutes of the game.

R&B, I beg to differ as not so with the defence plan, many times I saw Westies break from deep in defence but get to the wing and have to suddenly stop and start kicking the ball sideways, why they were waiting for the forward players to move forward of center.

You and I know the old adage, give the opposition enough looks at the ball and they will regain it.

The new game plan should keep that sort of flow on going as quick as you can into the forward line by keeping one or preferably two of your Fastest players around the center in readiness to keep that fast play going as deep into your forward line as possible.

You have a better chance of catching the backline off guard and set panic loose, but if the ball gets rebounded you by then have a lot more players at the center to regain it if possible.
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down