Ben W
Lee
waddayamean
Adelaide Hawk
bayman
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012 Empty Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012

Post by bayman Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:47 pm

well this game deserves a crowd of 10,000

it is extremely likely that these two teams will compete in the 2nd semi & Grand Final later in the year, so does the winner get a mental edge come finals time ?

without seeing the teams i'd suggest Central are playing a bit better at the moment & i'll tip them by 1 point
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012 Empty Re: Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:49 pm

Pity it's wasted on a Sunday and not the TV game Mad
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012 Empty Re: Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:12 pm

The Norwood team:

F: L.Jericho, B.Warren, K.Murphy
HF: J.Cachia, A.Clarke, M.Suckling
C: B.Phillips, D.Reinbrecht, J.Bode
HB: B.Zorzi, B.Jeffries, D.Terlich
B: E.Smart, A.Georgiou, L.Thomas
Ruck: B.Dawe, T.Webber, N.Batsanis
Int: (from) C.Roocke, M.Evans, A.Kirwan, M.Grigg

In: Jericho, Zorzi, Roocke
Out: Newton (inj), L.Brown (Crows)
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 pm

If it wasn't for the game being played at Norwood, I think this has all the ingredients for a blowout in Central's favour.

They seem to be finding form and fitness, whereas Norwood, although winning, seem to be just about ready for a rest.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:49 am

I can't see this game being a blow-out in Central's favour, if it is, Norwood are in even worse shape than I think we are. There's still enough ability in that Norwood team to either win this, or go very close.

Central just appear that little bit more settled at present and that may be enough to push them over the line. Central by 11 points.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Have to go with the status quo and say the Doggies yet again. Having said that though, if Norwood are serious about having a crack at the Grand Final then this is a must win game for their confidence. Lose to the Dogs at home and its going to hard to reason out come finals time.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:31 pm

This is set to be a great game between the best 2 teams currently going around in the SANFL.
I think the inns for Norwood may be enough to just get them over the line at home.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Norwood 6 goals up in the 3rd quarter.

I couldn't have been more wrong and bow to AH's judgement of his team Embarassed
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:29 pm

waddayamean wrote:The orchestrated move by Centrals before the game looks pretty silly now. Pretty stupid to do that kind of stuff as it can escalate. Also stupid of Sutherland pushing a player into the brick wall . Embarassing all round by the sounds of things.

For those of us that weren't there, can you let us know what your on about please ?
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:34 pm

I think Centrals warmed up at the same end as Norwood did and usually do. Not sure if there was an incident. Maybe Big Phil can clarify.

Hadn't heard anything about an incident with Sutherland, but Mitchell Grigg got reported for head high contact against one of the Gowans brothers.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:53 pm

What happened was Central decided to do their warm up right in front of the players' race, and if Norwood ran onto the ground at that time, they would have had no choice but to either walk around them or run through the middle.

Then before the game started, Norwood players went into a group, so the Central boys decided to form a huddle right next to them. Childish, very childish.

As for Sutherland, I'll say little, otherwise I may say what I really feel. All I'll say is I had very little respect for him before today. I have even less now.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:56 pm

Thankyou AH & BNT's
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:03 pm

redandblack wrote:Norwood 6 goals up in the 3rd quarter.

I couldn't have been more wrong and bow to AH's judgement of his team Embarassed

Don't worry, when I got to the ground and found out Batsanis and Cachia were out of the team, I gave us very little chance of victory. The effort from those 21 players today was superb, every player playing their role to perfection. The first half today was the best half of footy we've played all season.

Jericho fantastic today with his 5 goals, dampened by him hobbling from the ground midway through the final term. We really cannot afford to lose any more key position players so I hope he's okay.

That was real tough hard footy today, no easy kicks all afternoon, and when a player did win the ball he was placed under immediate pressure. I can't recall being more proud of a Norwood perfromance for quite some time.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:What happened was Central decided to do their warm up right in front of the players' race, and if Norwood ran onto the ground at that time, they would have had no choice but to either walk around them or run through the middle.

Then before the game started, Norwood players went into a group, so the Central boys decided to form a huddle right next to them. Childish, very childish.

As for Sutherland, I'll say little, otherwise I may say what I really feel. All I'll say is I had very little respect for him before today. I have even less now.

Gee did that move by Centrals backfire badly - as it had the potential to do. Full credit to Norwood for ignoring the tactics and not giving it the opportunity to escalate. I'm sure none of us want to see a situation like that escalate like it did in the 1980's.

Now onto the game - the game started out with a great intensity, and would have been very tight had Norwood not given away two silly off the ball frees that resulted in Centrals first goal. As the quarter rolled on, Norwood began to gain ascendency and take increasing control of the game, though the margin was still only just over a goal at quarter time.

The next two quarters was Norwood at their best as they completely shut down Centrals attack - reflected in just 2 goals Centrals scored. Centrals frustrations boiled over on many times with several clumsy, silly free kicks given away, the worst being getting the free kick from the Gowans report reversed from an act of absolute stupidity from Eddie Sansbury that saw him lucky to not be reported himself.

A spectator then caused a 20 minute delay to the start of the third quarter after breaking his leg trying to jump back over the fence at the end of half time. This ultimately had no effect on the flow of play as Norwood continued on their merry way in third quarter, continuing to suck the life out of Centrals.

By the last quarter, the game was over as a contest, and Centrals were able to get a few late goals, but it was too little, too late as Norwood all but sewed up the minor premiership with a 23 point win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:What happened was Central decided to do their warm up right in front of the players' race, and if Norwood ran onto the ground at that time, they would have had no choice but to either walk around them or run through the middle.

playing mind games....reminded me of the Neil Kerley coached Central when Central decided to warm up at the southern end which is Norwoods end to warm up & they had the all in brawl

again all mind games & Central played the mind games & Norwood won the match

Pumpa, yes it was disgraceful, he also threw a punch not long after that & is known for losing his temper at the drop of a hat, he lost it very badly at Woodville when playing for Glenelg reserves & the sad thing about it is that he is a nice guy

my query out of the game (acknowledging both teams will change personel) is can Norwoods' tactics work for an entire game on the bigger oval ? personally i have my doubts, Jericho clearly the best player on the ground & 'Delta's' courageous mark in the goal square was sensational that should have inspired his team mates more
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Groucho Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:59 pm

I assume you mean Trent Goodrem. Delta is his sister. Would you like us to refer to you by your sister's name? Rolling Eyes
Groucho
Groucho

Teams : Central District

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:07 pm

Yes, Goodrem's mark was a beauty, running in the same direction as the ball and into oncoming traffic, one grab mark. I was amazed he managed to hang onto it. There was another fine mark on the members' stand side, I think it was Hardy.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:19 pm

History for Bassett today
Today was the first time as Norwoods coach his team scored over 9 goals in a match against Centrals

Today was the 4th time in a row Norwood have beaten Centrals at the Parade
Which raises a good point Bayman has brought up
Can Norwood sustain their defensive game plan against Centrals on the bigger AAMI staduim at finals time ?

Norwood led 9-9 to 2-7 in the 3rd quarter today
Nowrood won the game 11-11 to 7-12
Thats 2-2 to 5-5 in the last quarter in a half, when Centrals found some space and run

Norwood beat Centrals 7-12 to 7-11 at Coopers last time in 2011
On that day, Norwood did lead by 4-5 goals before Centrals ran all over them

As for todays game both teams fielded depleted line ups
That both clubs are clearly better than the rest of the comp is a testament to the clubs depth
With the depletions, its hard to assess whether any of the teams today have a physiological advantage over the other
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:46 pm

waddayamean wrote:Interested in the crowd size ,anyone want to provide an estimate ?

I'll go 6,353 Smile
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Big Phil wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Interested in the crowd size ,anyone want to provide an estimate ?

I'll go 6,353 Smile

Back in the 1960s and 1970s when we would see crowds of 12-15,000 at Norwood Oval, we only used to get 5,000 at Norwood Oval when Central were playing. It's almost mind boggling when you think at a time when crowds are down post-AFL, we are getting more at Norwood v Central games than we did 30 years ago.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:59 pm

That's quite an impressive stat AH!

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:03 pm

FULL TIME @ COOPERS STADIUM

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

Norwood - 11.11 = 77

Central - 7.12 = 54

Redlegs win by 23 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Norwood - L.Jericho 5, M.Grigg, D.Reinbrecht, B.Warren, S.Phillips, M.Evans, K.Murphy 1

Central - J.Gowans 2, J.Schiller, T.Goodrem, L.Habel, J.Lawton, C.Gowans 1

FINAL STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

http://sanfl.championdata.com/matches/17171503/kmh_summary.html

REPORTS: M.Grigg (Norwood) for striking C.Gowans (Central)

CROWD: 6,353 @ Coopers Stadium

RESERVES:

Final Scores

Norwood - 9.13 = 67

Central - 9.10 = 64

Redlegs win by 3 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Norwood - P.Persinos, J.Allen, L.Davis, J.Gianni 1, K.Rooke, T.Langford, A.McKay 1

Central - B.Rigney 3, C.Milne 2, P.White, M.Claughton, J.Wittwer, J.Schiller 1

Last edited by Big Phil on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next