Ben W
Lee
waddayamean
Adelaide Hawk
bayman
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:34 pm

I have a different list of goalkickers for the Norwood Reserves. Chippendale didn't score a goal.

My list: Persinos 2, Allen 2, Davis, Roocke, Langford, McKay, and a lad I don't have a name for from the U18s who wore no.4 jumper. Two Central players I liked today were no.3 (Waldhuter) and no.59 (Wittwer).
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 15 Norwood v Central @ Norwood 8/7/2012

Post by Big Phil Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:I have a different list of goalkickers for the Norwood Reserves. Chippendale didn't score a goal.

My list: Persinos 2, Allen 2, Davis, Roocke, Langford, McKay, and a lad I don't have a name for from the U18s who wore no.4 jumper. Two Central players I liked today were no.3 (Waldhuter) and no.59 (Wittwer).

Yeah, I didn't see Chippendale kick a goal in the 2's AH, but I know I missed one of them, doing other stats, but Champion Data had Chippendale with one so I gave it to him. According to the Norwood teamsheet, the lad in Batsanis' number 4 jumper was J.Gianni, mate.

Waldhuter is very talented and would probably be playing League footy at 7 other clubs at the moment. Great attack on the footy and generally uses it well with run and carry. Wittwer hasd had a great year, after being close to being told he's not required at the club anymore after a couple of average years in and out of the Under 18's and seconds. May get a League debut this year, if not, next. Very good footballer also.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:04 pm

6,353 is the biggest crowd of the SANFL season so far.

Puts Norwood just ahead of Glenelg in home crowd averages for the season

Norwood - 28,593 / 6 games - 4,766 per game

Glenelg - 31,716 / 7 games - 4,531 per game
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatchmanss76 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:What happened was Central decided to do their warm up right in front of the players' race, and if Norwood ran onto the ground at that time, they would have had no choice but to either walk around them or run through the middle.

Then before the game started, Norwood players went into a group, so the Central boys decided to form a huddle right next to them. Childish, very childish.

As for Sutherland, I'll say little, otherwise I may say what I really feel. All I'll say is I had very little respect for him before today. I have even less now.

Gee did that move by Centrals backfire badly - as it had the potential to do. Full credit to Norwood for ignoring the tactics and not giving it the opportunity to escalate. I'm sure none of us want to see a situation like that escalate like it did in the 1980's.

Now onto the game - the game started out with a great intensity, and would have been very tight had Norwood not given away two silly off the ball frees that resulted in Centrals first goal. As the quarter rolled on, Norwood began to gain ascendency and take increasing control of the game, though the margin was still only just over a goal at quarter time.

The next two quarters was Norwood at their best as they completely shut down Centrals attack - reflected in just 2 goals Centrals scored. Centrals frustrations boiled over on many times with several clumsy, silly free kicks given away, the worst being getting the free kick from the Gowans report reversed from an act of absolute stupidity from Eddie Sansbury that saw him lucky to not be reported himself.

A spectator then caused a 20 minute delay to the start of the third quarter after breaking his leg trying to jump back over the fence at the end of half time. This ultimately had no effect on the flow of play as Norwood continued on their merry way in third quarter, continuing to suck the life out of Centrals.

By the last quarter, the game was over as a contest, and Centrals were able to get a few late goals, but it was too little, too late as Norwood all but sewed up the minor premiership with a 23 point win.

The guy broke his leg jumping over the fence at the very start of the half time break. He refused to let any of the Norwood medico's move him to get him off the ground and insisted on staying put until the ambos arrived. So it's taken more than just the 20 extra mins the game was delayed for to get one there which is not a great response time from the ambo's.
Hope I'm wrong but this sort of behaviour sounds like the type of person that's going to stuff it for everyone.

SANFL clubs have very highly trained personnel more than able to handle this sort of injury and worse.

As for the display/tactics before the game. I think it showed one side was worried about the opposition and were not focused on what they had to do. Just plain embarrassing really. Captains or Coaches call Question
Hatchmanss76
Hatchmanss76

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:25 am

Hatchmanss76 wrote:
The guy broke his leg jumping over the fence at the very start of the half time break. He refused to let any of the Norwood medico's move him to get him off the ground and insisted on staying put until the ambos arrived. So it's taken more than just the 20 extra mins the game was delayed for to get one there which is not a great response time from the ambo's.
Hope I'm wrong but this sort of behaviour sounds like the type of person that's going to stuff it for everyone.

SANFL clubs have very highly trained personnel more than able to handle this sort of injury and worse.

As for the display/tactics before the game. I think it showed one side was worried about the opposition and were not focused on what they had to do. Just plain embarrassing really. Captains or Coaches call Question

I shudder to think what would have happened if someone was having a heart attack - that's a terrible response time from SA Ambulance.

The incident will probably prompt an investigation from the SANFL. I'd hate to see this incident used as a reason to stop people from entering the arena during breaks. If I was unfortunate enough to do the same to myself, I wouldn't have any objections to any clubs medical staff assisting me, and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to delay the game just for my own stubbornness.

I heard the pre-game tactics were the coaches call - which is quite unlike Laird. I guess we all make mistakes.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:43 am

Hatchmanss76 wrote:As for the display/tactics before the game. I think it showed one side was worried about the opposition and were not focused on what they had to do. Just plain embarrassing really. Captains or Coaches call Question

Brucetiki wrote:I heard the pre-game tactics were the coaches call - which is quite unlike Laird. I guess we all make mistakes.

Roy explains the huddle below...

From Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/monday-morning-centreman-r15/story-e6freckc-1226420466687

Jai Bednall, in his MMCM article, wrote:

HUDDLE-GATE

I know it would have been a treat for Norwood supporters but for the neutral fan yesterday's top of the table blockbuster fell way short of expectations.

The most interesting moment of the day happened before the ball was bounced.

For those of you who weren't at the game, Central completed what can only be described as a bizarre on ground warm-up.

The Bulldogs were out on the ground well before Norwood and after running a couple of laps stationed themselves right outside the Redlegs' race.

They stretched and did a handball drill, obviously waiting for the Legs to emerge.

When Norwood's team ran out the Central's players turned and faced them and then began running in a group right next to the Redlegs.

They followed them to the wing before veering off into another direction.

Then after kicking at goal at the opposite end of the ground, the Central's players positioned their huddle right next to Norwood's.

It appeared to be gamesmanship but Central coach Roy Laird said the tactic - which came from him - was designed to stir up his own players.

``We know the response we get from the Norwood supporters so I just wanted our guys to hopefully sense that and get us involved in the game early,'' Laird said.

``It was purely just to get our guys mentally involved in the game through hopefully copping a bit of stick (from the Norwood crowd).''

Central did start well but Norwood matched them so at the end of the day it didn't have a huge impact.

Norwood coach Nathan Bassett took it as a mark of respect.

``I (told) our players at quarter time that it's a measure of respect for what we've achieved so far this year,'' Bassett said.

``It's certainly something I haven't seen them do before. Our guys responded well and got on with playing the game.''

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:46 am

Well done to Norwood, it was a good win for them with some of their lesser likes stepping up in the absence of their quality midfielders...

Am becomming a huge fan of Tim Webber's clearance work and love the silky left foot skills of Mitch Grigg and Dylan Reinbrecht...

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by northerner Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:15 am

Scrappy wrote:
As for todays game both teams fielded depleted line ups
That both clubs are clearly better than the rest of the comp is a testament to the clubs depth
With the depletions, its hard to assess whether any of the teams today have a physiological advantage over the other

Yes it adds to the intrigue for when the teams meet in September. Both sides can name maybe six players to come in to their line ups. Norwood would have players available in their mid-field (Cachia, Batsanis, Rodan, Hughes, Donohue) whilst the Dogs have KPP to return (Obst, Sibenaler, Hayes, Collier (as well as Nash and O'hara)) so it is difficult to assess which team will benefit more.
One thing IS for sure; Norwood's presses and zones are clearly effective on small-sized grounds, whilst Centrals train and play with greater efficiency on the bigger grounds. Centrals will be happier to meet Nwd on a bigger oval come Finals time, whilst Nwd will be working towards zones and presses that work on wider flanks.
northerner
northerner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:31 am

Welcome to TFSA, Northerner.

You've raised some good points there, as I agree that how sides deal with Norwood's zone and press is vital to the result.

The size of the ground does make a difference, so it will be interesting to se what happens next time.

The Eagles had vastly different results against Norwood in the finals last year after adjusting their tactics.

Have Norwood planned for other sides adjusting? On current results, you'd have to say 'Yes'.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:35 am

Hatchmanss76 wrote:The guy broke his leg jumping over the fence at the very start of the half time break. He refused to let any of the Norwood medico's move him to get him off the ground and insisted on staying put until the ambos arrived. So it's taken more than just the 20 extra mins the game was delayed for to get one there which is not a great response time from the ambo's.

The incident will probably prompt an investigation from the SANFL. I'd hate to see this incident used as a reason to stop people from entering the arena during breaks. If I was unfortunate enough to do the same to myself, I wouldn't have any objections to any clubs medical staff assisting me, and I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to delay the game just for my own stubbornness.

Brucetiki wrote:I shudder to think what would have happened if someone was having a heart attack - that's a terrible response time from SA Ambulance.

I heard, from a Central trainer, that in regards to the spectator with the broken leg there were concenrs of spinal injuries as he banged his head pretty hard on the ground when he fell.

He also said that with both bones broken in the leg, there was a chance that one of the main arteries could have been snapped and the guy could have bled out internally.

Further from that, I have since been informed the patient was in fact a physiotherapist himself and only wanted to be treated by the ambos as he was aware of the fact that with mulitple fracures, you are not supposed to be moved until the injury is fully stable.

Not sure why the ambos did take so long in the end, but it sounds like the patient himself attributed to the delay. Fingers crossed he makes a speedy recovery and is back at the footy soon.

Also hope that the SANFL don't stop people going out for a kick and catch now at the breaks, pardon the pun.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:51 am

I know it probably wouldn't have stopped this incident from happening but it astounds me how little gates there are at most grounds (mine included especially outer side) for the public to get on and off the field instead of climbing over fences. Maybe something clubs and councils need to think about.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:00 pm

BloodnTars wrote:I know it probably wouldn't have stopped this incident from happening but it astounds me how little gates there are at most grounds (mine included especially outer side) for the public to get on and off the field instead of climbing over fences. Maybe something clubs and councils need to think about.

Certainly something that needs to be looked at to prevent a situation like this from happening again. While gates won't stop people jumping the fence, it will provide a much better alternative for getting onto the ground, and hopefully people will use them.

Have to admit there's been a few times that jumping the fence has been an interesting experience for me personally (often with the thoughts of 'I hope I jump it cleanly' in my mind), and to be honest, have been surprised something like this hasn't happened in the past.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:02 pm

Big Phil wrote:Am becomming a huge fan of Tim Webber's clearance work and love the silky left foot skills of Mitch Grigg and Dylan Reinbrecht...

Myself and another Norwood supporter have been calling for Mitch Grigg's inclusion all season. He'd done a huge pre-season with the Crows and was looking stronger and faster than ever before. I was worried we were wasting him in the Reserves and the Crows may direct him to transfer to another club. He is definitely an above average kick.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:33 pm

BloodnTars wrote:I know it probably wouldn't have stopped this incident from happening but it astounds me how little gates there are at most grounds (mine included especially outer side) for the public to get on and off the field instead of climbing over fences. Maybe something clubs and councils need to think about.
Probably fair to say the lack of gate access to the field is one of the less "family friendly" aspects of some grounds, particularly in areas designated for that titled (and sponsored) purpose. Woodville is one positive exception that springs to mind in that regard.

With that in mind, like everyone else, if I choose to go out onto the field then it's something that I must take into account.

StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
I shudder to think what would have happened if someone was having a heart attack - that's a terrible response time from SA Ambulance.

Funny you should say that. Last year when I got to go to my first Legs game...Nwd v Eagles at Coopers...a guy DID have a heart attack on Coopers Hill. The Norwood trainers/medics, past and present, wasted no time in applying CPR until the ambulance arrived and saved the guys life. Obviously it took the ambulance a few minutes to arrive but I don't remember exactly how long...don't think it was anywhere near as long as yesterday...Baldy might know as he was heavily involved in the drama but I only saw it unfold from the Western Stand.

Regards
JAS
JAS
JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:01 pm

Groucho wrote:I assume you mean Trent Goodrem. Delta is his sister. Would you like us to refer to you by your sister's name? Rolling Eyes

well well well can't we have a little fun these days ?, it is meant as a term of endearment & with respect, (i like the way he plays direct & unobtrusive) so why do we call 'Hurns' bunger ? or 'red heads' sauce or bluey ? 'Clark(e)s' doc, etc etc, so if you were really that upset surely a pm to me stating your thoughts would be a good way to go, as for me you can call me whatever you want as long as it is with the same respect & fun i intended, oh by the way thanks for reading Wink
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2