Campbell Retires

4 posters

Go down

Campbell Retires Empty Campbell Retires

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:03 pm

This is taken from Norwood's website. I don't know whether anything can be read into the statement that he is retiring from Norwood, rather than from football per se.

"The Norwood Football Club wishes to announce that after nine seasons and one hundred and eight games for the Norwood Football Club, Bryce Campbell has decided to retire from the Norwood Football club.

Bryce has been a popular player with Norwood supporters since being recruited from Eastlake in the ACT. Bryce finished in the top ten in the best and fairest four times, represented South Australia and was drafted to the Crows where he played seven games. Bryce has been a skilful and fearless left-footer and he is respected for his courage and intensity, qualities he has displayed in his games with Norwood.

The Club bids him farewell and wishes Bryce and his family all the best for the future and trusts that he can look back on his time at Norwood with great fondness. Having played over one hundred games for the Norwood Football Club the number six locker will carry his name for perpetuity. "
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Campbell Retires Empty Re: Campbell Retires

Post by Go Legs Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:00 am

Bryce will be long remembered by all at Norwood, a great champion of our club for more reasons than playing for Norwood.

A man of great character, courage and endeavor, I remember who the 2 Centrals brothers went to first before joining their team mates in celebrating victory in a final not so long ago.

These types of men who are prepared to give all for their team are highly prized and well respected beyond the halls of their own clubs.

Whatever Bryce's reasoning for retiring at this time, I respect the privacy and quality of that decision and say well done on behalf of all SANFL supporters.

Bryce will be high in the memories of the 21 from Norwood who will fight out for a premiership this year as being the one that got away from that honor and glory of holding up the premiership cup as he so well deserved.

Happy retirement to Bryce, his family, in whatever the future holds which I am sure will be successful.
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:04 am

Might not be the last time we see him in the SANFL from reports I have heard
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:43 pm

Yes, interesting choice of words "retired from the Norwood Football Club" Campbell Retires 1344700888 
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Whatever, Bryce earned and deserves the high regard of all at Norwood.

If he makes that decision to continue his career in the SANFL with another club, so be it, it changes nothing of our opinion of the man.

Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Agreed, GL, he's been a very good player and has caused my team plenty of grief over the years.

All the best to him for the future.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:43 pm

Agree GoLegs, excellent player.
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down