Doubt on Bryce Campbell

4 posters

Go down

Doubt on Bryce Campbell Empty Doubt on Bryce Campbell

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:03 pm

From the SANFL site:

Veteran Norwood midfielder Bryce Campbell could have played his last game for the Redlegs.

The 28-year-old is understood to have returned to his hometown of Wagga Wagga to mull over his future after a disagreement with Norwood coach Nathan Bassett.

Campbell didn’t play in Norwood’s reserves clash with Glenelg last Friday night after playing two matches in the club’s seconds in rounds 12 and 13 having recovered from a serious knee injury.

In his first two matches returning from injury, Campbell collected 27 possessions against South Adelaide and 32 disposals against Central District.

The former Crow missed nearly two years of football after undergoing major surgery to repair the knee injury he sustained in the 2011 second semi- final at AAMI Stadium.

If the left-footer decides not to return to The Parade, he will be unable to play for another SANFL club this year as the June 30 transfer deadline has now passed.

Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Doubt on Bryce Campbell Empty Re: Doubt on Bryce Campbell

Post by Lee Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:51 pm

Interesting. Do any of our Norwood fans have any info on this 'disagreement'?
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:22 pm

R&B can't answer that question as I simply am in shock like most supporters.

Bryce is exemplary of what we envisage as a Norwood man through and through, He has been out of the game nearly 2 years and his form in his 2 games back in the Magoo's says he is both fit and ready to go.

The problem as I might see it is where would we put him in the league side at the moment, our center and on ball brigade are on fire at the moment and that is his natural forte.

We also have 2 more players to fit back into the side Newton (FF) and Chipperfield (CHB) both would be walk up starts you would think but no who would you drop to put them in??

You might also say that those playing have lifted a notch or two in the last 3 weeks and are hanging onto their spots, so it may be a case of waiting for a spot to present itself and then making it impossible by good form to be replaced Mad 

Either way this is a good spot to be in from the NFC's perspective, someone has to miss out, perhaps someone (there are always 2 parties to a disagreement) and in a heated moment lost it. Hopefully the time away in a bye will have cooled the temperature somewhat and the spirit of being NFC comes to play.

What is already apparent via a club memo from Mark Ross on the NFC website is that the door is always open for Bryce. The club owes him respect for what he has done in the past and his never to be underestimated work ethic, but if he puts himself above the club and the team, and the coach then I for one will be very sorry to lose him.
Go Legs
Go Legs

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:02 pm

redandblack wrote:Interesting.  Do any of our Norwood fans have any info on this 'disagreement'?

Can not confirm.

ALLEGEDLY
For an indiscretion in the last qtr against Centrals in the twos.
This was not acceptable , and was told he may not play in the League team for a while as a result.
BC was upset and has gone back to Wagga Wagga.

Have heard the door is still open between the club and player?

This really is a bad ending if true.
BC has battled hard against injuries to get to the stage where a League spot beckoned.

I hope this info is reasonably accurate, if not hopefully no one is offended.
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down