Ben Mules retires

3 posters

Go down

Ben Mules retires  Empty Ben Mules retires

Post by bayman Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:10 pm

borrowed from snoutslouts.org

Announced his retirement after today's match, in typical quiet no-fuss manner. (Mass had asked him a few times during the week if he wanted it public before hand, Mules had said all he wanted was a win.

Did a terrific speech, praising Glenelg and all the people involved.

He also is very very confident that the curent crop of developing players, and Coaches, are definitely on the right path and said it's nothing like the first few years he had at the club which were just a shambles with no direction.

Oh and also announced that him and his wife are expectring a baby, Ben's hooing for a boy Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

great career by Ben who is always remembered for 'that mark' but he should be remembered for more than that, his career was full of class & courage & imho the best captain we've had since Scott Salisbury.....good luck to Ben in his retirement
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Ben Mules retires  Empty Re: Ben Mules retires

Post by Lee Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 pm

I've had a bit to drink, but I have to say that Ben Mules can be proud of his career. A loyal servant of the Glenelg Football Vlub, a very good player and a backbone of the Bays.

Respect, Ben.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Sad to hear it, a great clubman, inspirational skipper and very reliable player. Deserved much better then to end his career with the loss we had this weekend
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum