The Wrap Up: South v Sturt @ Hickinbotham Oval

+2
bayman
Admin
6 posters

Go down

The Wrap Up: South v Sturt @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty The Wrap Up: South v Sturt @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Admin Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:43 pm

South 4.0 4.4 4.4 6.7.43
Sturt 0.3 3.4 4.6 5.8.38

South notch up consecutive home wins for the first time in a very long time with a last gasp win over Sturt played in difficult conditions. What does the result mean for South and Sturt. Discuss away in here.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: South v Sturt @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: South v Sturt @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:48 pm

was it last year Plant had the last kick to win the game for Sturt ?

this year Wundke kicks the last goal of the match to snatch the win for South !!!

the way this game was played (scoreboard wise as i was at Richmond) was why i tipped a draw

the assumption i made last week looks more likely to be true than not after today regardless of the result as they put in for the entire game
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The Wrap Up: South v Sturt @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: The Wrap Up: South v Sturt @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by the prowler Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:01 pm

I tipped South on the strength I support them.

However.

I stayed home today on purpose, just couldnt be bothered to go and watch what i considered to be a below standard game. Only the second time since 1978 that I have not bothered to go and watch my team play no matter how bad they have been performing.

Today I spent the afternoon with my 2 grand kids (9 & 7) at the local tennis courts having a hit with them until the heavens opened up forcing us to go home, after that we sat down and played a couple of games of scrabble.

I had an enjoyable afternoon. I am very happy South won today, looks like next Saturday I will be back on the bandwagon.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:32 pm

I did likewise mate.

After reading the paper today, it killed my interest (at for today) in the Double Blues. And the weather didn't help.

Yeah soft, I know. Not good but there it is.

Watched my lad get smashed in Div 1 Reserves.
He looked about as interested in footy today as me.
Does half a touch (fumbled knock-on) count as a possession?

Not a great day for footy in the Chambo household tonight.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:49 pm

First off I am absolutely chuffed that we won the game, yes the conditions were very poor for the full four quarters of the match and yes we made a pigs breakfast of it, yet we were able to fend off the double blues when it mattered and I am very proud of several of our lads who give everything week in and week out for our club, very pleased that they were rewarded today.

Another interesting point was that yet again our Reserves won. May not sound like much, yet we have now begun to string some wins together in a Reserves team that was regularly getting belted week in and week out, pretty much since Ron took over the club, its a good thing to see that its coming on and I do hope that what it means is that finally there may be some pressure on our league listed guys for a spot in our side as I do feel that this has been lacking over the past few years and is one of the problems at South that we have needed to address.

Reserves,
SOUTH Adelaide: 9.10 - 64
def
STURT: 8.7 - 55
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Very happy !

Wundke is a super player and South need to grab that cheque book now and sit him down....him along with Liddle.

Not the greatest game to watch but the last 1/4 was very exciting.

Not overly convinced we have turned the corner but seem to be taking a bit more pride in our workrate.  This includes tackling and defensive pressure.

A nice win and I had a smile on my face seeing all the Sturt supporters run down to the race to abuse the umpires. (They seriously went absolutely troppo!!)

Left the ground a happy man on a Saturday arvo for once Smile
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down