Port v Sydney

4 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

Port v Sydney Empty Port v Sydney

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:50 am

Big game this weekend, and you'd have to say Port are up against it.

Much has been made of the Tippett debut for Sydney, will be interesting to see how he goes.

A lot of talk about Adelaide fans going along to rubbish him - all hot air IMO. Personally as an Adelaide fan the less I see of him the better - everytime his name is mentioned it just reminds me of what a supreme $#%^ up the whole situation was. Why the hell do I want to front up for a live reminder of what we lost? Like paying to watch a horror movie when you don't like horror movies.

Good luck to Port though, I hope they do give Sydney a run for their money. The Swannies a looking more and more like certs for the flag again this year.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Port v Sydney Empty Re: Port v Sydney

Post by Lee Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:54 am

Yes, they're a very good side and Tippett makes them even better.

As for him, people will have to learn to move on.  In life, today's enemy can be tomorrow's friend and vice-versa.

It's a waste of time going along to rubbish him.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:49 pm

I've got a work mate who wants to come along with me tomorrow Ginge. He said he'll wear his Crow jacket and hat, boo Tippett from the moment he comes on the ground and hopes he busts a knee. How do I tell him I'm not interested in his company?

On the game, clearly Sydney will be too strong and have far too much class for our developing outfit.

I'm concerned the coaching staff have left Lobbe to take on Pyke, White and Tippett with only Westhoff as support. I felt Renouf had to come in.

I'm also worried Cassisi and Pittard have both missed many weeks ( 4 and 7 weeks ) and both are coming back from soft tissue injuries, which weren't the first of that type they have suffered. A big risk IMO. Cassisi I would risk for his leadership and run with ability. Pittard not so, he's young, good quality and has been in and out for 2 years. He needs to be nursed.

On the big "Tippo" I expect to see him looking a million dollars (Is that how much he gets?) out there. He would have been training his **** off for 7 months now and as much as we know match fitness only gets gained in one place, he will be primed for a big one.

I'm going with the hope of a strong showing for the first half from a young team against the team who applies more pressure than any other. After half time I can see the strong bodies taking over.

Sydney 55 points. A realistic margin when a top 2-3 team plays a team outside the 8.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:01 pm

For your sake I hope your lads show a bit more fight than the disgraceful effort of my mob a couple of weeks ago.

I must admit I did raise an eyebrow when I heard that Pittard was back in after such a long lay off. Hopefully he gets through unscathed and can string a few together.

That fixation with Tippett as the bad guy is ridiculous. Personally I'm more furious at the people in our own back yard for letting it all happen. Triggy better work harder than he ever ******* has before in his life when he gets back in the chair that's for sure. He's got a multitude of sins to make up for and is damn lucky he's even been afforded the opportunity to attone for them.

Fingers crossed claims that Adelaide fans will be meeting Tippett at the airport are unfounded - will be bloody embarassing if it happens.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Far out, how good were the Power today! I am guessing Port managed to ruin the footy tips of a number of experts this week! 

Also how good a coach is Ken Hinkley, stunning display of coaching, has Port playing his game and really turned up the screws with the tackling and the capacity to maintain it for the full four quarters, very impressive! - How many other AFL clubs did not want him as coach?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:50 am

As we all know Ben, coaches can implement plans but players have to execute them.

Very impressive turn around in the 8 months since Hinkleys appointment.

Could not have been happier with our "forward press" on Saturday. 34-12 inside 50's in the second half to Port. Outstanding effort against Sydney in those conditions.

100-98 tackle count in Sydneys favour which is another good effort by Port and we won 12 of the last 15 clearances of the game, including 5/5 centre breaks to end the game.

I'm still grinning! Laughing
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down