R20 - Sydney v Port & Adelaide v Brisbane

5 posters

:: AFL :: SA in the AFL

Go down

R20 - Sydney v Port & Adelaide v Brisbane Empty R20 - Sydney v Port & Adelaide v Brisbane

Post by Gingernuts Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 am

Port travel up to Sydney this weekend and Adelaide host Brisbane.

Post away.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

R20 - Sydney v Port & Adelaide v Brisbane Empty Re: R20 - Sydney v Port & Adelaide v Brisbane

Post by RODH2 Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:22 am

Tough gig for Port and Brisbane........minor interest! (just kidding!)
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

R20 - Sydney v Port & Adelaide v Brisbane Empty Re: R20 - Sydney v Port & Adelaide v Brisbane

Post by Gingernuts Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:35 am

For some reason I feel like Port might at least make Sydney work hard for the 4 points. Not sure why.

The debut of ROB in the ruck on Saturday night has sparked my interest in the Adelaide v Brisbane game a bit more. Been years since we've had anyone other than Sauce in the ruck. Hope the young fella goes well.

Another point of interest is who comes in for Thompson. Scotty seems to have developed some fairly heavy legs since the bye and I wonder if his years are finally catching up with him. I can see CEY coming in and smashing it, which will present the selectors with quite the dilemma.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:41 pm

Port will make Sydney work for the win, but Sydney at home will be too strong.

After having a dream run with injuries this year Adelaide must make some changes. You would think CEY will be the like-for-like replacement for Thommo. Adelaide should win this by lots, and must if it wants to finish top 4.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by fishing for bait Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:24 pm

Port dont deserve to win a game while Hinkley keeps serving up a rubbish game plan. If he thinks his plan is worthy of playing in a grand final then he is greatly mistaken and needs replacing at seasons end. If he is prepared to listen and change his thinking then let him stay otherwise clean out his locker at seasons end, and the less the suits try and tell him what to do and how to go about it, the better off he will be, and so will the team.

There are two players that are a hindrance to the team and have done nothing to keep them at Alberton next year and I doubt if any other club would be interested in them, if they were, they would not be interested in playing in September either.

I will admit Port have been hurt by injuries to key players and have not had the depth to cover them, once again that is the clubs problem as they have not recruited smart enough.

I am a South Australian and watch both our teams each time they play and have no interest in any Interstate club at all.

I follow South Adelaide and have done for 64 years, I have watched more loosing games in my lifetime to see where coaches go wrong from my point of view.

If you are interested in a couple of them ask and I will tell you, and by the way criticize me as much as you like, your opinions are like mine, not worth a pinch of **** as we dont get paid big $$$$'s
fishing for bait
fishing for bait

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:02 pm

Surprises me how soft the media have been on Port. Ordinary is ordinary....... scratch
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:43 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Port will make Sydney work for the win, but Sydney at home will be too strong.

After having a dream run with injuries this year Adelaide must make some changes. You would think CEY will be the like-for-like replacement for Thommo. Adelaide should win this by lots, and must if it wants to finish top 4.

I think Sydney got exhausted from running and running
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 pm

RODH2 wrote:Tough gig for Port and Brisbane........minor interest!  (just kidding!)

Thankyaverymuch....! Shocked
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:28 am

Well, absolutely destroyed them! All those sooks having a crack for not beating Essendon by enough last week can shut up now!

Did what needed to be done, a week closer to a top 4 spot and finals.

Port were disappointing, thought they'd put up more of a fight than that.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:06 pm

Awesome display by Adelaide, a total domination across the ground. CEY looked good as did O'Brien.

Port on the other hand were woeful. Didn't fire a shot all day and looked slow and unskilled. Part of that was due to Sydney's pressure which was unrelenting. For a team that only a few weeks ago were talking themselves up as a finals contender, it was dismal.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down