howthewestwaswon
bayman
Big Phil
Lee
Admin
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Round 10: West v Norwood, Saturday 8 June @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 10: West v Norwood, Saturday 8 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:44 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:I'm going to pick Norwood here by 2-3 goals.

Well, not too far off the mark (although a 5 goal margin to Norwood wasn't a surprise). That 1st quarter destroyed us though. Embarassed
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 10: West v Norwood, Saturday 8 June @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 10: West v Norwood, Saturday 8 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:27 pm

West with woeful first quarter skills gifted Norwood the match, Norwoods 7 man defence cleaned up almost everything, West put up a fight by making every ball a contest in the second term & West were the better team in the second half by cawing their way back into the match mainly led by Bricknell who was everywhere after the long break & bar for some puzzling kicks going into the forward line West could have been a lot closer, finally Norwood went forward a couple of times late in the game & got a couple of goals which sealed the deal, M. Panos with a career best 7 goals, B. Warren kicked his 400th career goal......the big query i have with West is the is too big a gap between their best & their worst while Norwood seems well drilled as usual but may overall lack some space when they get to bigger grounds
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:28 pm

FULL TIME @ CITY MAZDA STADIUM

CROWD: 3,184

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

N'wd - 15.7 = 97

West - 10.7 = 67

Redlegs win by 30 points

GOAL KICKERS:

N'wd - M.Panos 7, S.Phillips, M.Evans 2, B.Jefferies, B.Zorzi, B.Warren, M.Grigg 1

West - J.Beech 3, T.Tuck, M.Still 2, T.Silverlock, S.Bricknell, S,Birss 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:18 pm

Norwood again far too good, superior skills and structured play.

West will look forward to their first bye for the year. They again gave away a goal through lack of discipline, but were again smashed by the umpires, 18 to 11, including some real howlers. That made no difference to the result, as the game was over by 1/4 time. After that, West looked OK.

Any last quarter momentum they had when they got to within 3 goals was stopped by a 2 minute break waiting for an injured Norwood player to take his kick. When did this change? I thought play was only stopped for a stretcher or when play was interfered with?

West reserves had a remarkable win. The Inside 50 stats at the last break were 50 to 19, Norwood's way. They had outplayed West comprehensively to that stage, without translating it to the scoreboard.

West won by 5 points with a strong last quarter.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Happy to get the points today, outstanding first quarter and I thought we took the foot of the pedal a bit too soon. The short turnaround may have had some effect on West and they will probably benefit from the week off.

Happy to be sitting to top but todays win means nothing come September.

Anyone have a U18s score?
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:08 pm

I left at 3/4 time, ca and Norwood led by a couple of goals, but seemed well in command to me.

I'll check and post the final score in a few minutes.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:11 pm

Norwood 13.13

West. 11.11
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 pm

redandblack wrote:Norwood 13.13

West. 11.11

Great, thanks.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3