Soccer

3 posters

Go down

Soccer Empty Soccer

Post by Admin Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Event Days: Day -2/-1 (25/26 July), Days 1-2 (28-29 July), Days 4-5 (31 July-1 August), Days 7-8 (3-4 August), Days 10-11 (6-7 August), Days 13-15 (9-12 August)
Venues: Wembley Stadium, Old Trafford, Millennium Stadium, St James Park, Hampden Park, City of Coventry Stadium

Soccer is the first Olympic event, kicking off on 25 July (2 days before the Opening Ceremony) and will go to various stadiums throughout England, Wales and Scotland, before the finals return to London. Discuss all the soccer action here.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Soccer Empty Re: Soccer

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 am

And the women's soccer has kicked off with several matches completed or nearing completion. So far:

USA defeated France 4-2
Great Britain defeated New Zealand 1-0
North Korea is leading Columbia 2-0 (in injury time now)

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:29 pm

A very embarassing (and potentially volatile) gaffe in the North Korea game with the North Korean players introduced with a South Korean flag Embarassed

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/south-korean-flag-flies-above-north-korean-football-team-at-london-olympics/story-e6frea6u-1226435296877

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:02 pm

Brucetiki wrote:A very embarassing (and potentially volatile) gaffe in the North Korea game with the North Korean players introduced with a South Korean flag Embarassed

I suppose it could have been worse...could have given the Israeli's atheletes the Iranian flag...mind you there's still time. It's just another screw-up to add to the list that's making these Games a farce.
JAS
JAS

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down