Brucetiki
howthewestwaswon
Big Phil
Booney
Admin
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 17: Port v Centrals, Saturday 21 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 17: Port v Centrals, Saturday 21 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Round 17: Port v Centrals, Saturday 21 July @ Alberton Oval Pafc_sanflV Round 17: Port v Centrals, Saturday 21 July @ Alberton Oval 665055_1_M

Saturday 21 July
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1

Port are coming off a big away win over North while Centrals are coming off a big home win over Sturt. Which side will continue their winning form?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Port v Centrals, Saturday 21 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 17: Port v Centrals, Saturday 21 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Booney Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm not going to be seduced by the win over North, for it,was,well, only North.

The Dogs are still one of the best two teams and I'd expect them to show that against a bottom 4 side.

I'd like to think Ports big men can have an influence on this game with the Doggies lack of height. Cockshell coming back after being dropped might fire the big bloke up and with Wilson getting some much needed confidence, along with Harder, Port have a forward line capable of scoring heavily.

Just need our defence to hold up.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Round 17: Port v Centrals, Saturday 21 July @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 17: Port v Centrals, Saturday 21 July @ Alberton Oval

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Booney wrote:I'd like to think Ports big men can have an influence on this game with the Doggies lack of height.
Central's recent lack of defensive height is longer an issue with the return from injury of Tom Collier and Yves Sibenaler. Also, with the current inclusion of Jacob Templeton, Corey Reichert and Paul Marschall down there, they are all genuine 6ft+ players capable of playing tall or small. IMHO, Central's defensive until has been the shining light for the club all year.

Booney wrote:Cockshell coming back after being dropped might fire the big bloke up.
Will have to be given the 'all clear' from the tribunal first though Booney. Was reported in the Ressies game yesterday for a pretty clumbsy head high hit on a North bloke who had his head over the footy. Cocky has a prior record as well so might be struggling to avoid a suspension.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:39 pm

All Recent Encounters
- Central have won the last 14 in a row

Recent @ Alberton
- Central have won the last 6 clashes
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Central by 4-5 goals IMO.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 am

Not only have Centrals won the last 14 against Port, and the last 6 at Alberton, most of those wins at Alberton have been by very comfortable margins. In fact, Centrals tend to play against Port better at Alberton than at Elizabeth. This does not bode well for Port, and despite their win over North, I would anticipate this would be be another comfortable win at Alberton for Centrals

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:58 pm

I think maybe Central by 3-4 goals.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:58 pm

FULL TIME @ ALBERTON OVAL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

Port - 16.14 = 110

Central - 7.9 = 51

Magpies win by 59 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Port - M.Dolling 3, C.Wilson, J.Meiklejohn, S.Salopek 2, S.Gray, B.Mercer, J.Clayton, A.Raikiwasa, J.Robson, L.Harder, M.Rose 1

Central - J.Hardy 3, L.Habel, J.Waldhuter, J.Boyd, J.Schiller 1

FINAL STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

http://sanfl.championdata.com/matches/17171701/kmh_summary.html

RESERVES:

Final Scores

Port - 19.12 = 126

Central - 8.11 = 59

Magpies win by 67 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Port - J.Solly 4, M.Banner 3, L.Wilson, S.Summerton, A.Cockshell 2, J.Nyskohus, J.Thurgood, B.Sawford, S.Lemmens, N.Heath, D.Stanley 1

Central - M.Westhoff 3, J.Wittwer, M.Claughton, T.Boyd, B.Rigney, T.Schiller 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:I think maybe Central by 3-4 goals.

Geez I got that one wrong. Didn't see the whole game today but from what I did see, Port played a terrific brand of footy. Fast and direct, the type of game which will worry anyone on a given day.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:56 pm

Despite various losses over the past two years, Port seem to be steadilly improving and took a huge scalp today!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:11 pm

maybe a week is a long time in football but a fortnight changes the landscape at times.....a fortnight ago Port would've been favourite for the spoon, two weeks later Port are knocking on the door of the top 5

you must give credit to Tony Bamford, while it was the right decision it was a very tough decision last week, it obviously shook the club & players into a positive response
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Yes, W, I recall the game at Richmond when one of the Gowans spat the dummy with one of his team mates.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:27 pm

that's been happening for years & it works for them
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Yes, but that time it was a major dummy spit.

Wasn't a good look.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:32 pm

I didn't watch much of the last half, but was very impressed with Raikiwasa and Wilson.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Raikiwasa has impressed me each time I've watched him. Very balanced and cool under pressure, maybe a likely candidate for an AFL draft.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:35 pm

redandblack wrote:Yes, but that time it was a major dummy spit.

Wasn't a good look.

ok, fair enough
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cennals Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:45 am

Wasn't a good look.
A bit like the time a West player punched one of his team mates during a game against Centrals.
Cennals
Cennals

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:11 am

Cennals wrote:

Wasn't a good look.
A bit like the time a West player punched one of his team mates during a game against Centrals.
and was sacked the following week lol!
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 am

Cennals wrote:

Wasn't a good look.

You're right, Cennals, that was something that had major consequences all round for Westies.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:57 pm

redandblack wrote:Yes, W, I recall the game at Richmond when one of the Gowans spat the dummy with one of his team mates.

I had an intersting chat with one of the Gowans boys on Saturday.

Not only did he feel I was less than blessed with intellect, but he also had concerns for my welfare, somewhat worried about my beer and or pie intake. I didnt actually have a pie on Saturday. Laughing

He was a nice fellow to chat with, albeit I didn't speak to him directly to begin with, just made an observation on the game. Little did I know that without actually playing at league level you are not capable of knowing anything about the game.

I'm glad we won by 10 goals.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:38 pm

redandblack wrote:
Cennals wrote:

Wasn't a good look.

You're right, Cennals, that was something that had major consequences all round for Westies.

I don't recall that. What is the story here?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next