mr o
waddayamean
howthewestwaswon
Lee
Admin
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 13: West v Norwood, Saturday 23 June @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 13: West v Norwood, Saturday 23 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Yes, AH, I think that's right.

Norwood are very structured and two clubs in the last 3 weeks have countered it well.

Their structure was found out in last year's finals also.

West, on the other hand, are IMO a developing team and their better football is ahead of them. They're still a fair way behind Norwood and Central, but they'll keep getting better.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 13: West v Norwood, Saturday 23 June @ City Mazda Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 13: West v Norwood, Saturday 23 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by BloodnTars Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:06 pm

On behalf of the fair minded West Adelaide supporters I'd like to apologise to the Norwood players and officials who were abused by a few idiots as they were leaving the ground. Fair enough have a go at the umpires (not physically of course) but don't have a go at the Norwood players. Not their fault the decision was paid.

It is time the club did something about weeding out these supporters as it is becoming a bit of an issue and is pasting our club in a bad light.

Yes we do want to be like centrals, but we want to be like them on field not like their supporters off field.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Very well said BloodnTars, but it also has to be said that opposition teams have received their fair share of crap by people near the race when leaving Norwood Oval as well. It's embarrassing. I know it doesn't make it right, nor does it justify it, but every club has their share of wanker supporters who can't help themselves.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:09 pm

BloodnTars wrote:On behalf of the fair minded West Adelaide supporters I'd like to apologise to the Norwood players and officials who were abused by a few idiots as they were leaving the ground. Fair enough have a go at the umpires (not physically of course) but don't have a go at the Norwood players. Not their fault the decision was paid.

It is time the club did something about weeding out these supporters as it is becoming a bit of an issue and is pasting our club in a bad light.

Yes we do want to be like centrals, but we want to be like them on field not like their supporters off field.

That's disappointing to hear BloodnTars but an unfair generalisation of Central fans...

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Big Phil wrote:
BloodnTars wrote:On behalf of the fair minded West Adelaide supporters I'd like to apologise to the Norwood players and officials who were abused by a few idiots as they were leaving the ground. Fair enough have a go at the umpires (not physically of course) but don't have a go at the Norwood players. Not their fault the decision was paid.

That's disappointing to hear BloodnTars but an unfair generalisation of Central fans...

agree that not all Central supporters are what the generalization or stereotypes are portrayed as

all clubs (including mine) has these d1ckhead people & generally speaking i believe these are the people who have never played at ANY LEVEL & haven't got an understanding or feeling for the game, let alone respect for those out there in battle
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:28 pm

We all have them.

I agree with Bayman, usually these people have no concept of the game and have never played but go to games as an excuse to get "p1zzed" and get away from their boring old lives.

Sometimes I have had to bite my tongue at a few grounds (some more so than others!!) and just focus on something else.......breathe, breathe!!

Night footy I am finding is bringing out some really "Neanderthal" behaviour....just my experience anyway!!
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:40 am

bayman wrote:
all clubs (including mine) has these d1ckhead people & generally speaking i believe these are the people who have never played at ANY LEVEL & haven't got an understanding or feeling for the game, let alone respect for those out there in battle

There's a new wave of footy fan out there these days (thankfully mainly AFL) who are totally oblivious to what's happening on the field and turn to meaningless statistics to determine who is playing well. It's been a disease for too long now. If you know what you're looking at, you don't need stats to tell you who is playing well, you just know.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:15 pm

You are right I shouldn't have generalised, Big Phil. There are idiots at every club. But it doesn't make it right. Identify them and ban them for a year. Might make them and others think next time about doing it. As much as I hate Collingwood, I must commend them for revoking the membership of one of their supporters. Maybe our clubs should take a leaf out of their book.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:47 pm

I think it's not surprising that supporters would be more upset than usual, given the circumstances at Richmond last Saturday.

It doesn't excuse it, but it's not surprising.

I was in the race as the players left the ground and one Norwood fan was totally abusive towards the West playters and had to be told to keep quiet.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:14 pm

BloodnTars wrote:You are right I shouldn't have generalised, Big Phil. There are idiots at every club. But it doesn't make it right. Identify them and ban them for a year. Might make them and others think next time about doing it. As much as I hate Collingwood, I must commend them for revoking the membership of one of their supporters. Maybe our clubs should take a leaf out of their book.

That would be the best thing to do and I wish some clubs, including Central, would do this to weed out the bad ones...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:14 am

Shocked
RE ..... There are idiots at every club. Identify them and ban them for a year.
HEY !
Leave me alone. Stop fiddling with society’s safety valve !
If you lot copped the abuse I get at home, you’d carry on like a pork chop at the footy too !
Wink

Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:26 am

You can shoot down some idiots, but others will crop up in their place! Evil or Very Mad
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2