Scrunch
goddy11
bayman
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 10: West v Norwood - Saturday 9 June @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 10: West v Norwood - Saturday 9 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:24 pm

West v Norwood
Saturday 9 June
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

West were gallant in their loss to Sturt last week, while Norwood are coming off mauling the Dogs. Who will win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 10: West v Norwood - Saturday 9 June @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 10: West v Norwood - Saturday 9 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:09 am

Norwood should be better suited to a bigger ground, but could be vulnerable to West's pressure which has brought them undone in the past. Possibly some good names back for the Bloods too, interesting matchup that I think could go either way.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Round 10: West v Norwood - Saturday 9 June @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 10: West v Norwood - Saturday 9 June @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Looking forward to Saturday. Carn the Bloods
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:08 pm

I think you're playing your mob down a bit Scrunch - probably the form team in the comp along with North. We're going all right but we'd need Beech, Porplyzia and Rankine to have a chance I think.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:59 am

Flag No.10 wrote:I think you're playing your mob down a bit Scrunch - probably the form team in the comp along with North. We're going all right but we'd need Beech, Porplyzia and Rankine to have a chance I think.

Yes been in good nick the last month, but I still think Norwood are vulnerable to quality physical pressure and just haven't been exposed to it enough over that period of time. Naturally hope I'm wrong because it's the key ingredient to a successful finals campaign, but jury still out for me on that front, and it's an area where West sides are generally very capable.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:12 pm

WEST
League
West has regained an important pair of experienced players for its game against Norwood on Saturday.
Former Crows Jono Beech and Jason Porplyzia have recovered from minor injuries to be named in the Bloods’ 23-man squad.
They have been joined by pacy duo Murray Waite and Izak Rankine, together with defenders Josh Ryan and Shannon Green.
In-form goalsneak Zac Bates couldn’t overcome a hip ailment while Dustin Head, Elliot Dunkin and Lachlan Evans were all sent back to the Reserves.

F: B. Turner, Beech, Karpany
HF: Anderson, Middleton, Green
C: Batley, Stevens, Noble
HB: Wasley-Black, Burgess, Hill
B: Agostino, Wilson, J. Ryan

R: Parrella, Keough, Schiller
INT: G. Turner, Rankine, Porplyzia, J. Evans, Waite
IN: Waite, Rankine, Porplyzia, J. Ryan, Beech, Green
OUT: Bates (hip), Head, L. Evans, Dunkin

Reserves
Fairlie, Heitmann, Holliday, Hupfeld, Inglis, I. Johnson, O. Johnson, Kirk, Laube, Lynch, Majok, Miller, Osborn, Peter, Pillion, L. Ryan, Head, L. Evans, Noonan, Dunkin, McPherson.
Under-18
Caruso, Dalgleish, Forbes, Haysman, Gutsche, Horstmann, Earl, May, Hannagan, Rundle, Stakic, Morelli, Patterson, Neumann, Nunan, Westley, Hocking, Moore, Tuckwell, Wakim, Kent, Sinderberry, Wulff.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:13 pm

Triple Header with the u/18s play after the league
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Couple in doubt for Norwood?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Some big ins for Westies so I am picking them at home to upset the Legs by 8 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:57 pm

$4.90 westies with Sportsbet, have taken that & even more at the +31.5 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:44 am

RD 11 - 2017

NW 5-0...8-3...11-4...14-10
WA 4-5...7-9...12-14..14-15

RD 10 -2018

WA 5-5...8-10...12-10...14-10
NW 3-3...5-6...  7-13....13-17

Both very similar games
WA very comfortably in front at stages in both games then NW finished well

The BIG difference
In 2017 WA were herioc very late in the match with desperate tackle and smother  late in time on
In 2018 WA absolutely blew it in having 2 set shots for goal overturned by the umpires
One was for an off the ball incident , where I spotted Grigg getting dumped , behind play
The other I didnt see , so need posters to elaborate on that one

The losing teams on both occasions finished on 14-10
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Nice to catch up with my Fan club yesterday. Don't know if it will cost Ranks going high in the draft. Reckon Karpany should of gone for the ball instead of him on the foot and going out of bounce in the last. Couldn't of seen it from where I sit
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:12 pm

It was great to get Jasons signature for the fan club for the second time this season
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:22 pm

Thiele wrote:Nice to catch up with my Fan club yesterday. Don't know if it will cost Ranks going high in the draft. Reckon Karpany should of gone for the ball instead of him on the foot and going out of bounce in the last. Couldn't of seen it from where I sit

your right, he (Karpany) should have picked the ball up & taken off, it happened right in front of Scrappy & i but it wasn't his fault entirely as he had 3 team mates in the vicinity & not one of them told him he had time & was clear
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Had to be close to 3000 there yesterday
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:46 pm

At one stage I reckon this happened in the third quarter
A point was scored by Norwood, but was not added on the scoreboard
I think a player marked a ball that was touched and crossed the goal line ?
In any case it was easy to miss
It was when the score was about
WA 10-10
NW 6-12 [6-11 was on the scoreboard for that while ]

The point was not added to Norwoods score for between 5-10 minutes
It was amended later in the 3rd quarter
That ends up being a handy point ....
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Scrappy wrote:At one stage I reckon this happened in the third quarter
A point was scored by Norwood, but was not added on the scoreboard
I think a player marked a ball that was touched and crossed the goal line ?
In any case it was easy to miss
It was when the score was about
WA 10-10
NW 6-12 [6-11 was on the scoreboard for that while ]

The point was not added to Norwoods score for between 5-10 minutes
It was amended later in the 3rd quarter
That ends up being a handy point ....
Yes did happen but they were quick for most of the day
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:28 am

I'd be very interested to know if any neutral posters with access to the Digital Pass had a look at the last 10 or so minutes of the West V Norwood game and told us what they thought of the two reversal frees paid against Rankine.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:21 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:I'd be very interested to know if any neutral posters with access to the Digital Pass had a look at the last 10 or so minutes of the West V Norwood game and told us what they thought of the two reversal frees paid against Rankine.

i was too far away to say what exactly happened but what i will say is when the first one was reversed why would ANY player give the umpire an excuse to reverse a decision ? ........players have memories so why not wait for next time, next year or whenever, NOT when a match is on the line
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:13 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:I'd be very interested to know if any neutral posters with access to the Digital Pass had a look at the last 10 or so minutes of the West V Norwood game and told us what they thought of the two reversal frees paid against Rankine.

The first one was dumb. If he chested the Norwood player nothing would have happened. He was third player in. The second was dumber but the Norwood player overacted and can you blame him. In some games the umpires react and in some they just tell the players to get on with it. How much push and shove do we see after goals kicked and nothing happens. I have to say though, that Rankine is some special talent.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:39 am

I'm obviously not neutral but agree with that, nothing in the 2nd one, but both instances were dumb from IR's end. Just on Rankine, I get the feeling he's said or done something to earn the wrath of the umpiring fraternity. Even late in the 3rd he gave away a couple of frees and 25m penalties. Seems like the umps are short on tolerance when it comes to him?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:58 am

I got the same feeling Scrunch. Disgraceful if true because of the consequences for our club.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:22 pm

bayman wrote:
Thiele wrote:Nice to catch up with my Fan club yesterday. Don't know if it will cost Ranks going high in the draft. Reckon Karpany should of gone for the ball instead of him on the foot and going out of bounce in the last. Couldn't of seen it from where I sit

your right, he (Karpany) should have picked the ball up & taken off, it happened right in front of Scrappy & i but it wasn't his fault entirely as he had 3 team mates in the vicinity & not one of them told him he had time & was clear
Saw the highlights looked like the bounced on to his leg.

Re: Rankine the first when Mason Middleton took the Mark. Surprised that Panos didn't get the free against him for bumping into turner. That was only 50/50. Rankine only defending his mate

Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 pm

In a trail game years ago this is how WA coach Shaun Rehn addressed his WA players during a break
He was referring to scuffles during the previous quarter during a game
Went something like
" When the opposition has the ball you continue to fight and stop the play , when we have it, dont hold up the play by fighting."

What Rehn said makes sense then and should have made sense on Saturday
When Mason Middleton was having a set shot or whenever a team has a player having a set shot, the team in possession should not be manhandling opposition players

The exception might be
If an opposition player sees the extent of punching or kicking, deemed as potentially reportable, then I can understand a reaction and  retaliation

To answer the  Thiele post , in hindsight and with logic, Izak Rankine should have remonstrated with Matthew Panos after Mason Middleton had his shot for goal

Last edited by Scrappy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next