Final Five?

3 posters

Go down

Final Five? Empty Final Five?

Post by Lee Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:35 am

Pretty much the halfway mark of the season and I think it's time a few conclusions can be drwan.

1 Norwood and Central look highly likely to finish 1 and 2. For me, about equal premiership favourites.

2 Third spot is up for grabs. West and Glenelg are in the box seat, but no game from here is a guaranteed win, so it's totally possible for any of the other sides to claim that spot. Realistically, though, it would seem that West and Glenelg are about equal, with North a reasonable chance.

3 Having said that, though, any side can still make the 5. Eagles are only outside chances, but their best is probably capable of winning more games than the other contenders. Port are capable, but don't look able to win consistentlt enough. South have a great midfield and forward line, but a rickety defence and Sturt will win their share, but not more than that perhaps.

So, we have:

Norwood, Central.

West, Glenelg
North
South, Sturt, Port, Eagles.

The great thing is that every game from here is important.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Final Five? Empty Re: Final Five?

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 pm

This ladder is very different to what I predicted at the start of the season:

Norwood
Central
Glenelg
West
South

Eagles
North
Port
Sturt
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Today's result might change things a bit.

West have to play Norwood next week, but Glenelg's big loss means they're still 4th, but have played a game more than West and are now big percentage behind, which might make it virtiually two games behind.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:17 pm

To be honest, it's hard to call anything at this stage.

WWT, even though they sit on bottom are only 3 wins away from 3rd spot last time I looked at the ladder. If they can get their act together and other clubs around them don't, we might well see them in Sept.

Even though West and Glenelg occupy 3rd and 4th, they are pretty wobbly from my viewpoint and could easily fall out of the 5.

Other than the top 2, the rest is very even. Who knows what'll happen? In saying that, it's great that it keeps you guessing!
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Hard one...its really anyones.

Norwood, Central - safe as houses.

West - should be OK. Still rate them and might drop a game or 2 here and there but expect them to make the top 4.

From here it really is anyones.

After today at Norwood....the Bays look shaky!! I can see them actually dropping off at the end of the year.

Personally, I still have many questions hanging over South and they have not convinced me yet that they are a top 5 side.

North, seem to fall when you think they are going to win easy ( like against the Eagles).

Eagles I can see making a comeback for the rest of the year. I think they might grab a stop in the 5. Seem to be coming around and waking up to themselves a bit.

Sturt I dont think will make it.

Port I think will win a few by the end of the year and maybe grab that 5th spot.

So, my predictions :

Norwood
Central
West
Eagles
South (would not suprise if Port took this place)

Port
Glenelg
North
Sturt

Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down