Big Phil
Flag No.10
Admin
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

State Squad - Page 2 Empty Re: State Squad

Post by Big Phil Wed May 16, 2012 10:58 am

I found it pretty difficult to pick the side from the squad, but have considered the smaller venue with Gliderol Stadium and haven't picked players currently not playing due to injury.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA:

FF: J.Clayton (PA) - M.Wundke (SA) - A.Grocke (EA)

HF: T.McIntyre (ST) - R.Kirkby (GL) - S.Gray (PA)

CL: L.Jarrad (EA) - J.Allan (Vice Capt) (NA) - L.Ryswyk (NA)

HB: E.Sansbury (CD) - T.Collier (CD) - D.Caire (WA)

FB: S.Rudolph (GL) - B.Greiger (EA) - P.Thomas (Capt) (CD)

1R: J.Meiklejohn (PA) - J.Boyd (CD) - N.Liddle (SA)

INT: C.Parry (EA) - J.Cross (SA) - B.Zorzi (NW) - N.Batsanis (NW)

EMG: C.Shmidt (WA) - J.Schiller (CD) - A.Georgiou (NW)
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed May 16, 2012 11:23 am

WA have finally named their squad:

Luke Blackwell, Tom Lee, Paul Medhurst, Kane Mitchell, Jake Murphy, Ian Richardson, Trinity Handley (Claremont); Ryan Cook, Andrew McCarrey (South Fremantle); Leon Davis (Perth); Steven Dodd, Max Duffy, Andrew Stephen (East Fremantle); Dion Fleay, Dan Hunt, Mark Hutchings (West Perth); Kyle Hams, Josh Roberts (Swan Districts); Brad Holmes, Kristin Thornton (Peel); Paul Johnson, Garry Moss, Josh Smith, Craig Wulff (East Perth); Aidan Parker, Callum Sinclair (Subiaco).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/davis-medhurst-headline-wa-squad/story-e6freckc-1226357384885
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed May 16, 2012 11:42 am

For those that aren't aware, the admission price for the State Game is the same as any other game ($14 Adult, $8 Concession, Children under 18 free), however, AAMI Stadium, Adelaide Football Club, Port Adelaide Football Club, and SANFL club season ticket holders get discounted entry of $10 Adult, $5 concession

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed May 16, 2012 12:40 pm

Big Phil wrote:SOUTH AUSTRALIA:

FF: J.Clayton (PA) - M.Wundke (SA) - A.Grocke (EA)
HF: T.McIntyre (ST) - R.Kirkby (GL) - S.Gray (PA)
CL: L.Jarrad (EA) - J.Allan (Vice Capt) (NA) - L.Ryswyk (NA)
HB: E.Sansbury (CD) - T.Collier (CD) - D.Caire (WA)
FB: S.Rudolph (GL) - B.Greiger (EA) - P.Thomas (Capt) (CD)

1R: J.Meiklejohn (PA) - J.Boyd (CD) - N.Liddle (SA)

INT: C.Parry (EA) - J.Cross (SA) - B.Zorzi (NW) - N.Batsanis (NW)

EMG: C.Shmidt (WA) - J.Schiller (CD) - A.Georgiou (NW)

Life's funny Big Phil. Norwood are undefeated top, and yet only 2 players can be squeazed into the team on the interchange bench. On the flip side, half the team are from sides outside the top 5 (Eagles 4, Port 3, South 3, Sturt 1).

How Norwood keeps winning remains a mystery. Totally tongue in cheek of course. Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed May 16, 2012 12:50 pm

BloodnTars wrote:WA have finally named their squad:

Luke Blackwell, Tom Lee, Paul Medhurst, Kane Mitchell, Jake Murphy, Ian Richardson, Trinity Handley (Claremont); Ryan Cook, Andrew McCarrey (South Fremantle); Leon Davis (Perth); Steven Dodd, Max Duffy, Andrew Stephen (East Fremantle); Dion Fleay, Dan Hunt, Mark Hutchings (West Perth); Kyle Hams, Josh Roberts (Swan Districts); Brad Holmes, Kristin Thornton (Peel); Paul Johnson, Garry Moss, Josh Smith, Craig Wulff (East Perth); Aidan Parker, Callum Sinclair (Subiaco).

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/davis-medhurst-headline-wa-squad/story-e6freckc-1226357384885

That looks to be a fairly strong squad. Some players I don't know of course, but quite a few I do. Should ne a good match.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 16, 2012 1:30 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Life's funny Big Phil. Norwood are undefeated top, and yet only 2 players can be squeazed into the team on the interchange bench. On the flip side, half the team are from sides outside the top 5 (Eagles 4, Port 3, South 3, Sturt 1).

How Norwood keeps winning remains a mystery. Totally tongue in cheek of course. Smile

Ha ha, it is, isn't it AH? Wink

I had the same thing put to me on another site so I will post my response here to them...

What I think is the key for Norwood, and I'm sure you'll agree AH, is an even spread across the board and more contributing to the team than perhaps in the past. Depth is great at the Redlegs as well so you are not reliant upon 4 or 5 guys to win you games, anyone on their day can shine but it seems to me that is more contribution accross the board from Bassett's men...

someone elsewhere wrote:I find it amazing that Norwood are top and undefeated and only have 2 players in the side, both on the bench.
Does this show that they are a good TEAM, not a team of GOOD players?

In reply, I wrote:Yeah, I was going to have Brett Zorzi line up in a back pocket (he has been playing more in the backlines this year, as you would know) but thought there was enough height down there with Sam Rudoplh and Ben Greiger. Zorzi's experience should see him in the final 22.

I thought about starting Batsanis in the midfield but there is a fair bit of strength in their already so thought he would be part of the rotation. I didn't include Tim Webber as he hurt his ankle last week and I'm not sure how long he'll be out for as I haven't heard the prognosis.

Luke Jericho was probably the unlucky one to miss but I thought with Wundke and Kirkby in the forward line already, there needed to be some smaller crumbers at the feet, although Jericho is good at ground level also. I wouldn't be surprised if he does make the final 22 though.

With Josh Donohue, I just felt that there are small forwards in the likes of Sam Gray and Tim McIntyre, who can play both tall and small, who are probably the better option. With the quality of midfielders in the squad, there will be plenty of options for them to play as resting small forwards as well. I think your comment about Norwood as a team is quite accurate by the way.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed May 16, 2012 7:59 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:

That looks to be a fairly strong squad. Some players I don't know of course, but quite a few I do. Should ne a good match.

Aiden Parker has played on the bay oval but i don't think any of the others have
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm

bayman wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:

Aiden Parker has played on the bay oval but i don't think any of the others have

I think Tom Lee probably would have bayman, he was a Rookie on the Crows list a few seasons ago, I think aligned to Sturt, so probably played at The Bay at least on one ocassion?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri May 18, 2012 2:54 pm

North skipper Jimmy Allan has withdrawn* from the SANFL side...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/allan-out-of-state-squad/story-e6freckc-1226360115231

While...

Neon Leon has pulled* out of the WA side to come to Adelaide next week...

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/13716405/davis-pulls-pin-on-state-game/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

State Squad - Page 2 Empty Batsanis

Post by Hong Kong Fooee Fri May 18, 2012 3:21 pm

IMHO, Batsanis has been pretty good all year. Has he been added?
Hong Kong Fooee
Hong Kong Fooee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri May 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Yes, Batsanis is in the squad.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri May 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Trevor Oliver, 2009 East Perth B&F winner was stabbed last night trying to prevent a car break in.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat May 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Is Daniel Caire in the squad.

If not, why not.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat May 19, 2012 5:41 pm

redandblack wrote:Is Daniel Caire in the squad.

Yes, he is.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sat May 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Fergusson might have played himself into the team today with a return to form. He was brilliant today
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat May 19, 2012 8:01 pm

brodlach wrote:Fergusson might have played himself into the team today with a return to form. He was brilliant today

Did Fergy play forward or back?

Tom Collier was good again today for the Dogs and would have probably secured the CHB position with 3 good weeks since being added to the squad.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun May 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Big Phil

It will be interesting to see who plays CHB either Fergie or Collier. Ferg is a proven state player and has been playing CHF for West. I have looked at Colliers stats and he has improved in that area lately and that would be beacuase he is getting use to the game style & players.

I think it will be a line ball decision. Either player would be good
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2