SOUTHERN STYLE
Millsy
waddayamean
blueandwhite
bayman
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Panthers v Port Magpies - Hickinbotham Oval - Saturday at 2.10pm Empty Panthers v Port Magpies - Hickinbotham Oval - Saturday at 2.10pm

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:08 pm

South confident and at home, Port totally desperate. Both have strong on-ball brigades, Port have a suspect attack, but South have a susoect defence. South have a impressive forward line, but Port have a resolute defence.

Port just have to win, so Port by 11 points.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Panthers v Port Magpies - Hickinbotham Oval - Saturday at 2.10pm Empty Re: Panthers v Port Magpies - Hickinbotham Oval - Saturday at 2.10pm

Post by bayman Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 pm

South will be too quick for Port

does anyone know how Mckernan went for Adelaide ?

if he comes back into the South team it will stretch the Port defence too much for them to handle given a good day weather wise
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Panthers v Port Magpies - Hickinbotham Oval - Saturday at 2.10pm Empty Re: Panthers v Port Magpies - Hickinbotham Oval - Saturday at 2.10pm

Post by blueandwhite Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:22 pm

South will look forward to this and look forward to renewing aqaintances with the big Cocky. I agree South will have too much speed for Port but nedd to win the footy to put it to advantage.
A bad blow with Josh Thewlis out for a few more weeks with yet another work injury, for Gods sake get a desk job Josh! South are the clearance kings and if they can get enough supply to Wundke, Ainger and possibly McKernan it could spell trouble for the Pies. Panthers by 22pts to break their home ground hoodoo.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by SOUTHERN STYLE Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:27 am

Panthers
F: Ainger, Wundke, Rolfe
HF: Veide, Hourigan, T. McKay
C: Daniel, Stribling, Bollenhagen
HB: McNamara, O'Shea, Cross
B: Redigolo, Tarquin Brown, Sandery
RUCK: Bass, Murphy, Liddle
INT (from): Moyle, Dowdell, Miller, Houlihan, Carey
INTO 23: Dowdell, Bollenhagen, Moyle, Veide
OUT: Otten (Crows), Brooskby (calf)

Magpies
F: Mercer, Ebert, Clayton
HF: McKenzie, Beard, Rose
C: Biacsi, Summerton, Dolling
HB: Hoskin, Wilson, Slattery
B: Madden, Erskine, Stanley
RUCK: Meiklejohn, Kirkwood, Gray
INT (from): Cockshell, Kulikowski, Young, Grove, Brain
INTO 23: Grove, Brain
SOUTHERN STYLE
SOUTHERN STYLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 am

Here at Noarlunga now, on a picture perfect day for football, will post score updates throughout the day in the Game Day LIVE thread...

Interesting to see Big Callum Wilson has been dropped, running around now in the early game, along with Brad Mercer. Bamford has obviously lost patience with the West Coast recruit and young Corey Grove gets another shot at League level.

James Brain will debut for Port while for the homeside, Brad Crabb is running around in the magoos for the Panthers, as is young excitement machine Ky Miller...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:40 pm

Just found out from CK that for today's ABC TV coverage, former umpire Richard Williams will be in the Special Comments seat...

Good work by ABC to get him involved, looking forward to seeing how that unfolds...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:09 pm

FULL TIME @ HICKINBOTHAM OVAL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

South - 21.10 = 136

Port - 17.14 = 116

Panthers win by 20 points

GOAL KICKERS:

South - M.Wundke 5, A.Ainger 3, P.Rolfe, C.O'Shea, J.Cross, D.Hourigan, N.Liddle 2, B.Dowdell, T.Stribling, T.Stribling 1

Port - B.Ebert 5, A.Cockshell 4, S.Summerton, S.Gray 2, R.McKenzie, J.Meiklejohn, C.Grove, J.Clayton 1

FINAL STATS WINNERS: http://www.sanfl.com.au/livestats/match4/

INJURIES: T.McNamara (South), P.Rolfe (South)

REPORTS: J.Young (Port) for head high contact on N.Murphy (South), T.Redigolo (South) for head high contact on M.Rose (Port)

CROWD: TBC @ Alan Hickinbotham Oval, Noarlunga

South Adelaide break a run of 6 consecutive losses at home with the win this afternoon...

RESERVES:

Final Scores

Port - 18.7 = 115

South - 11.2 = 68

Maggies win by 47 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Port - B.Mercer 4, C.Wilson, L.Wilson 3, B.Ah Chee, S.Burnett 2, B.Haren, J.Shannon, L.Sharrad, C.Carr 1

South - K.Miller 4, B.Casley 3, C.De Visser, M.Leonard, C.Perrey, M.Spencley 1

MAJOR STATS WINNERS: (Courtesy of Champion Data)

Port - J.Shannon 32, E.Heath 22, L.Sharrad 21, T.Broomhead 20, B.Haren 18, J.Watt 17, L.Wilson 15, B.Mercer 15, C.Wilson 9

South - E.Irra 23, T.Redden 21, S.Taylor 18, A.Moyle 18, B.Casley 18, T.Brown 16, K.Miller 15, M.Spencley 15, C.De Visser 15
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:14 pm

well that game had 'everything' from the outset, both teams showed a lack of discipline early & South were a little bit more wasteful in front of goal, during the second term from about the 10 minute mark of the term Port dominated so much that South got it past the wing 3 times at best, after half time when i expected Port to run away with it given the circumstances, however in the second half South kicked 13.2 to 7.9 & Port got 2 very late goals, i thought the win by South was a great character building win because they trailed at half time & ran all over the top of Port with only 19 men (they had 20 from very early on when Murphy left the field), i thought Ebert, Cockshell & Summerton were Ports best (not because they were the goal kickers) while for the winners Stribling, Wundke, Liddle, Ainger , Rolfe& i thought Hourigan's 'crumb & goal' in the last term was the best piece of crumbing i've seen for a long long time, he basically stole it out of Aingers hands as he was about to attempt to complete a juggled mark

as i said this was a very big character building win for South

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:16 pm

Good to see us finally bag a win at home! Good character also to come from behind and stand up and win the match when it counted!

Very happy with Ainger, he may not have a had a great wrap on him as various recruits to the SANFL have had, yet the lad is proving to be one of our best recruits post Ron Fuller.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Yes, good game to watch. Wasn't it so nice to watch footy the way it was meant to be played, with neither side placing an over-emphasis on defence?

Took me back to the 1980s.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:38 pm

waddayamean wrote:Good game to watch and South have some very good players that will worry teams.

also they are a very quick team.....i actually think they're good enough for a top 3 spot
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hatchmanss76 Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:30 am

I too enjoyed watching what was a good game on the box.
If South can tighten up their back line they can take it up to anyone in the comp. They have a good midfield that can run and move the ball quickly. They have two very good marking targets up forward.

Hatchmanss76
Hatchmanss76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down