Lee
howthewestwaswon
Ben W
waddayamean
bayman
Admin
15 posters

Go down

Round 7 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm Empty Round 7 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium. Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm

Post by Admin Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Round 7 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm West_logo v Round 7 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm Port_logo

Saturday 5 May
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1

A third-string West Adelaide are coming off a big loss to Claremont in the Foxtel Cup, while Port Adelaide are coming off a loss to South despite scoring more than 100 points. Will West Adelaide pick up where they left off pre-Foxtel Cup, or will Port Adelaide finally notch up their second win of the season.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm Empty Re: Round 7 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium. Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm

Post by bayman Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 pm

will be waiting for the named teams for this one, how many West players that played in Perth will front for this ? if AFL teams can't come back can West do it ? (i don't know who played for West last week yet)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 7 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium.  Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm Empty Re: Round 7 - West v Port @ City Mazda Stadium. Saturday 5 May, 2:10pm

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Port by 17pts. Coming off a bye can stuff up the run of a side and with so few players having played the previous week that is what West are facing. Port had plenty of the ball and a high scoring margin to boot, I suspect Port will be looking to atone for the loss to South and will come out stinging this week and West happen to be the side unfortunate enough to be in their way!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue May 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Port to win.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue May 01, 2012 10:45 pm

West's form isn't bad at all.

A win against South at Noarlunga, coming from behind. A narrow loss to Glenelg at Glenelg, a win against Central, a 7 point loss to North after having only 1 on the bench for most of the game and a win at Unley for the first time for 12 years.

West to win narrowly.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mr o Wed May 02, 2012 4:38 pm

looking forward to this one, the bloods by 3 goals at the ovel were champions play
mr o
mr o

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle Fri May 04, 2012 8:08 pm

West's SANFL form is good, but who knows which team will turn up on Saturday? The one that defeated South and Sturt or the one that lost to North, Glenelg, Claremont?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by Strawb Sat May 05, 2012 5:17 pm

well a win is a win I cannot comment on much more as I can only go by what I saw on the SANFL site. The last quarter it seems West went to sleep. But I'm a happy little blood hound tonight.
Strawb
Strawb

Teams : Geelong/ Williamstown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oracle Sat May 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Impressive effort by the Bloods today. Port never looked like winning after quarter time.

It was great to see West run through the middle when the option presented, instead of playing wide. We beat Port for pace and won more of the marking contests.

I had a Magpie supporter come to me at half time and ask who number 1 was, because Fort Caruso wasn't listed in the Budget. He played a ripper today and booted four goals.

Webb was good in the ruck and the hit-outs were even at 49 apiece.

Port fans complained about the umpiring, but I felt the men in white protected the man with the ball, which is how it should be. Too often the ball player is penalised for holding it when he never has the chance to dispose.

A few easy shots were missed again and that's an area where West can improve. There wasn't much to like about Port's game, although they did score several times against the run of play when given the opportunity.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by mypaspectiv Sun May 06, 2012 10:53 am

As the season has progressed and started to unfold I feel that West are becoming not only more consistent but melding better as a team as every week passes.

It has been said by many in the past that the season is a marathon and although West have one less win than at the same time last year I believe that they are in a healthier position at the moment than they were at 5W 1L in 2011.

Sure, this can be derailed fairly quickly with injuries but the depth of the squad and the general fitness and health are in a good place at the moment.

The footy gods need to keep smiling upon City Mazda Stadium.

In 5 out of 6 games played this year (I will leave out the Glenelg debacle) they have demonstrated a desire to play more direct footy at times and when they do they are a very impressive unit. Some games have seen lapses which lets them down however they have retrieved games from being behind a couple of times which is a good sign. The main exception being the North loss where they hit the front late in the last quarter to see it slip away by 7pts.

This Friday night is a huge test to gauge how they are travelling in the bigger scheme of things because Norwood have taken all before them and look awesome at the moment. Now is the time to get them.

Good luck Bloods, a win over Norwood (who no one will tip) perhaps may give bloggers and the media something positive to write about other than the club they never rate.

mypaspectiv
mypaspectiv

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun May 06, 2012 1:29 pm

It was Wests best win for the year for the following reason

1. Ball Movement - Thye moved the ball quickly and used handball very effectively.They were more direct and very clean with their movement

2. Decision Making- For the 1st time this yr the players decision making was spot on. Thye were prepared to take risks

3. Skill Their skill level by hand & foot was excellent

4, They have more depth through the Midfield with Laird & Slattery playing very well yesterday and you can add Crouch to that list plus Newton, Silverlock and Poynton are waiting in the ressies. Laird is an 18yr old West Junior and since coming into the midfield in the north game he has been very very good. He short in statue & he isnt the quickest guy however he makes the right decisions & uses the ball very well. Thius kid is very good

5. Rucks. Webb & Willits were fantastic. As a combination they played their best games in ruck. Mickeljohn normally gives our rucks a thrashing however yesterday both Webb & Willits were great. We didn't win the clearances but we had 49 hit outs the same as Port & both these guys were nore effective around the ground

Big game next week against Norwwod. Its a must win and we need to take the game on and take some risks
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Westies were never ever going to lose & the $1.90 was a gift Cool....ok R&B for the first time in a very long i saw a more direct West team & even though 'some' numbers went back they left at least one & sometimes two blokes in the forward fifty which meant that when the ran out of defence they didn't have to stop & go sideways, the only downside for West would be that they took the foot off the pedal & let Port back into it a little bit rather than burying a team when you've got them on the ropes......as for Port it was left for too few to do too much & i know he's a forward for the Power but after a very quiet first three terms Brett Ebert went onto the ball & was very effective & obviously he won a Magarey Medal playing on the ball, so why wouldn't Port Power play him in the middle ? even if it's in short bursts !!
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm

ps, i know what i would do if i was at the Adelaide Crows.....i would rookie list young Tippett for two reasons one, he can play & two, it will help keep his brother in Adelaide
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 06, 2012 6:05 pm

that's the great thing about footy we all have different opinions, anyway i'll stand by my comment this young man can play imho Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun May 06, 2012 7:26 pm

Sat at home and watched this game on the ABC.

Must say, I was very impressed with Westies. They will make a huge impact come finals time. They really seem to have got their act together.

Im going to make a HUGE call.....I would be buying tickets to the GF now Westies fans.

Very impressive side.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun May 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Southee wrote:Sat at home and watched this game on the ABC.

Must say, I was very impressed with Westies. They will make a huge impact come finals time. They really seem to have got their act together.

Im going to make a HUGE call.....I would be buying tickets to the GF now Westies fans.

Very impressive side.
im a westies fan i will wait
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun May 06, 2012 7:35 pm

blacky wrote:
Southee wrote:Sat at home and watched this game on the ABC.

Very impressive side.
im a westies fan i will wait

Ok Blacky...well may I say "Get excited" then?? Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Mon May 07, 2012 6:24 pm

I think we (Westies Fans) need to wait and see how we go at the Parade - If we go down like everyone else against the legs, then maybe we should raffle the GF tickets now. Hope you are right southee and would equally love to play in a finals series with your club. Dont think too many people would begrudge west or south making an impact in the finals
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 am

bayman, the game plan doesn't change much from week to week. Smile
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue May 08, 2012 11:02 am

redandblack wrote:bayman, the game plan doesn't change much from week to week. Smile

Kick more goals than the opposition do? scratch
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down