Round 16: West v Port - Saturday 12 August @ City Mazda Stadium

+4
firstblood
Thiele
Lee
Brucetiki
8 posters

Go down

Round 16: West v Port - Saturday 12 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 16: West v Port - Saturday 12 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:19 pm

West v Port
Saturday 12 August
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

West will be hoping to reverse the massive loss they had against Port when last they met. Will that happen?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 16: West v Port - Saturday 12 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 16: West v Port - Saturday 12 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:26 pm

it'll be closer than last time but the Power reserves who may get a few dropping back with the senior coach making a statement but will still win easily, by 10 sausage rolls
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 16: West v Port - Saturday 12 August @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 16: West v Port - Saturday 12 August @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:28 pm

West might have some good players returning from injury.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:42 pm

Just read the westies side ----- i normally do not bet but i think tomorrow may be the day to break that habit
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:01 pm

WEST
West Adelaide has been strengthened significantly by the inclusion of four premiership players to tackle Port on Saturday.
Captain Chris Schmidt, key backman Tom Keough, running defender Logan Hill and goalsneak Shannon Green have all been named on the field in the Bloods’ 23-man squad.
Schmidt has recovered from a hamstring strain while Keough has been sidelined by damage to his meniscus in his knee.
Oliver Johnson couldn’t be considered due to a knee injury while Tom Pillion was sent back to the Reserves.
Northern Territory recruit Errin Wasley-Black will play his 50th Macca’s League match.
League
F: Rankine, Fielke, Green
HF: Turner, Middleton, Bates
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Hill
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Wilson, Keough

R: McPherson, Schiller, Schmidt
INT: J. Stevens, Karpany, Noble, Silverlock, Favretto
IN: Hill, Schmidt, Keough, Green
OUT: O. Johnson (knee), Pillion
Reserves
Waite, Head, Anderson, Pillion, Peter, Carger, J. Evans, Ryan, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Majok, Holliday, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, Fairlie, J. Ryan, Lynch, L. Evans, Bottin.
Under-18
Nunan, Eichner, Gutsche, Baker, Crump, Walton, Inglis, Boots, Jones, Milsom, Wellington, Field, Tierney, Laube, Milde, Sinderberry, Heitmann, Smithson, Rana, Hocking, Thilithorpe, Horstman, Westley, Wright, Dunkin, Avery, Hannagan.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 pm

Hocking for West Adelaide under 18's, son of Buddha Hocking, South Adelaide coach.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:14 am

Should be a good game with West finding form and having some top players returning. Port players would have been copping it all week though and think they'll put in a big performance. Port by 28 points. Aaron Young qualifies for SANFL finals now I think.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:15 pm

Westies will be competitive here, but a win would surprise me. Port still has most of their AFL players and the cream of the others like Summerton. Power twos by 20 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:04 pm

bayman wrote:it'll be closer than last time but the Power reserves who may get a few dropping back with the senior coach making a statement but will still win easily, by 10 sausage rolls

the West team look better this week than i'd imagined it would the other day, i still think the Power reserves but by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:26 pm

First up well played port adelaide and anyone who thinks they are not a genuine threat for the premiership is mistaken.

I will leave the detailed summary of why we lost to those who have better knowledge of the game -- cue black and red but the following comments are on my thoughts of the game and our team.

Firstly i absolutely hate losing but tonight strangely after a flogging i am sad and mellow but truely not angry in any way.

FIRSTLY
Before the game my uncle and i looked at thier team and identified 7 or 8 players who are genuine highest level sanfl player backed up by another 5 or 6 who are genuine first quality sanfl footballer -- given this we agreed that it was going to be bloody hard

SECONDLY
When they came out i was suprised how manny 6 foot 3 players that had and  the bulk of thier player looked bigger and stronger than our team  --- given the hard  hitting and hard tacling style westies were going to have to use then it was clear then that it was highly likely  that late in the game we would run out of our legs

Ignoring the scoreboard in the first half we competed strongly and it never was made easy for them but imo they gave a great display of concise kicking to leading forwards and this was the real difference  ----  our players need to embrace this and from now on at all training sessions and preseason make improved kicking a first priority.

Frankly i felt that our third quarter was nothing short of sensational --- our player did not drop thier heads, ignored the score board and i believe actually outscored them --- a very good effort and something we need to take forward.

For last quarter simply we ran out of legs for reasons above mentioned.

WE LOST AND ABOVE IS NOT ANY ATTEMPT TO MAKE EXCUSES rather as i said just my reflections on the side and having not seen them for 3 or 4 weeks i could see genuine improvement --- this season is stuffed but if the improvement continues and we recruit appropriately then i see light up the tunnel towards next year
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:09 pm

reading that i would think it was a fair assumption & after all we all see things differently, no one is right & no one is wrong in watching footy, we all have an opinion & oldfella it is your opinion
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down