bayman
Big Phil
Adelaide Hawk
burgerking
howthewestwaswon
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Port Magpies v Central District at Alberton - Saturday Empty Port Magpies v Central District at Alberton - Saturday

Post by Admin Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Port's foorm has been good, without winning at their last two and they've had a tough game against Norwood.

Central started to find form last week and will be hoping to take that up a notch or two.

We're still not convinced that Central are back yet, so Port to just get there?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Port Magpies v Central District at Alberton - Saturday Empty Re: Port Magpies v Central District at Alberton - Saturday

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Port by 1-2 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Port Magpies v Central District at Alberton - Saturday Empty Re: Port Magpies v Central District at Alberton - Saturday

Post by burgerking Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:04 pm

Ouch.......hate to say it but Dogs by plenty...
burgerking
burgerking

My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Central by 3 goals. Lose this game and they are 1-3, and somehow I just can't see that happening. A real test to see what Port are really made of.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:32 pm

This game is being broadcast on 1197am 5RPH
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:47 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Central by 3 goals. Lose this game and they are 1-3, and somehow I just can't see that happening. A real test to see what Port are really made of.

obviously the make up of the teams will be crucial for both teams, so for the moment i agree 100% with AH
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Here is the Doggies League and Reserves side to tackle the Magpies on Saturday afternoon...
Here is the Doggies League and Reserves side to tackle the Magpies on Saturday afternoon...

Thanks to club sponsor SEW Eurodrive - http://www.cdfc.com.au/fixtures-and-results/league/view/2012-04-21/5

Thanks to club sponsor SEW Eurodrive - http://www.cdfc.com.au/fixtures-and-results/league/view/2012-04-21/5

INTO 22: Troy Menzel - Josh Vater

BULLDOGS RESERVES SQUAD:

From: Ryan Bottin-Noonan, Caleb Edmead, Josh Waldhuter, Tim Boyd, Josh Hubbard, James Lawton, Dylan Orval, Damian Hynes, Thomas Ryan, Sam Colquhoun, Jake Martin, Travis Schiller, Steve Rusca, Ashley Fry, Sam Hanna, Matthew White, David Haydon, Ben Cummings, Adam Cullen, Paul Dreimann, Matthew Claughton, Josh Wittwer

Last edited by Big Phil on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:48 pm

Despite the form of both sides being quite different in 2012, they both enter this game with a 1-2 record (although Port also have a Foxtel Cup win under their belt). Recent form heavily favours Centrals, with Port's last win against Centrals way back in 2006. Despite Port's improvements last season, they had two poor losses against Centrals, including a loss at Alberton late last season where Centrals were able to run away with a win.

Last week we saw Port go down to Norwood after Norwood started with a bang, while Centrals were hot and cold in their win against South.

Centrals big issue this season has been consistency. They've been able to string together 1-2 good quarters, but it's in their poor quarters where they become very poor. If Centrals can string together 4 good quarters on Saturday, they should be able to win this game. If they continue their patchy 1-2 good quarters around a batch of awful football, then Port should run away with the win.

A tough one to pick, but I expect Centrals to continue their good form from their last quarter last week into this week and notch up a 2-3 goal win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:40 am

Can Port replicate their 2nd and 3rd quarter efforts against Norwood for the entire match against Central?
‘IF’ they can, they’ll win. It’s a big ‘IF’ though. Should be a bit of Port Magpies v Central District at Alberton - Saturday 3136717439 in this one.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:03 am

If both Brad Symes and Ricky Henderson are released from the Emergency List for the Crows, they will be very handy inclusions for the Doggies.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Centrals Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm not convinced the Dogs are quite back yet. Port seem to be in reasonable form and might not be as forgiving as South was last week.

Port @ $1.90 looks tempting.
Captain Centrals
Captain Centrals

Teams : Centrals, Rangers, Villa
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:11 pm

Full Time at Alberton

Central - 16.8 = 104

Magpies - 11.9 = 75

Doggies win by 29 points

Goal Kickers:

Central - T.Menzel 3, J.Hardy, M.Westhoff, E.Sansbury, J.Boyd 2, T.Goodrem, C.Gowans, J.Schiller, L.Habel, J.Vater 1

Magpies - S.Summerton 3, D.Kulikowski, M.Rose 2, C.Wilson, A.Cockshell, J.Clayton, R.McKenzie 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down