PhilH
UncleHuey
Thiele
8 posters

Go down

Centrals v  Eagles Round 9 Empty Centrals v Eagles Round 9

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:26 pm

CENTRAL
Central coach Roy Laird has resisted swinging the changes ahead of the clash with the Eagles on Saturday.
Despite not scoring a goal in the first half against Sturt in Round 8, Laird has opted to show faith in his charges and could take in an unchanged line-up.
Emerging utility Nick Gillard and ruckman Jonathan Marsh have been included on the extended interchange bench in the 23-man squad.
League
F: J. Schiller, Fort, D. Pisani
HF: Hoskin, McKenzie, Presbury
C: Barreau, Jydon Neagle, Goodrem
HB: Weaver, Patterson, Haydon
B: Jenner, Madden, Habel

R: Auckland, Menzel, T. Schiller
INT: Dew, Gillard, Llewellyn, Jaxon Neagle, Marsh
IN: Marsh, Gillard
Reserves
Burton, Cannizzaro, Cotgrove, Dahms, Durdin, Eime, Falkenberg, S. Furnell, Lange, McKelvie, McLean, Milera, F. Pisani, Richard, Rigney, Sheppard, Slade, Walter, Watts, White.
Under-18
Grubb, Hughes, Welch, Dowse, Tidswell, Fiebiger, Xanthopoulos, Tippins, Ponton, Falland, Helmers, Whitelum, McCabe, Evans, Cowham, De Jonge, Cameron, Clayton, Carpenter, Wall, Arnold, Thomson, Stevens.
EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens coach Sam Lonergan has recalled two senior midfielders to face Central on Saturday.
James Boyd and Chris Hall have been included in the 23-man squad after being elevated from the Reserves, while inexperienced pair Jake Comitogianni and Tom Schmusch have also been included.
Former Power defender Jimmy Toumpas has been sidelined by a hamstring strain suffered against South in Round 8 while James Rowe couldn’t recover from a shoulder injury stemming from the same match.
Forward Jake Johansen will play his 100th Statewide Super League match after making his debut in Round 1 of 2013.
League
F: Von Bertouch, N. Hayes, Moore
HF: Poole, J. Hayes, Johansen
C: Petrenko, Foote, Firns
HB: Sinor, Thompson, J. Gaffney
B: Goldsworthy, Giuffreda, C. Gaffney

R: J. Redden, Lonergan, Sharrad
INT: Hall, Comitogianni, Boyd, Guilhaus, Schmusch
IN: Boyd, Hall, Comitogianni, Schmusch
OUT: Toumpas (hamstring), Rowe (AC Joint)
Reserves
Weidemann, Haylock, Nason, Cook, West, E. Miller, X. Redden, Wehr, House, Brill, Lewis, Morgan, McPherson, Michael, Heinjus, Westbrook, Jungfer, Williams, Pedlar.
Under-18
F; Dawkins, R. Williams, Buck
HF: Scott, Pearce, Carter
C: Frederick, Beecken, Kenny
HB: Hayes, Jones, Lock
B: Gaze, McNeilly, Francis
R: Phillips, Hoile, Barnett
INT: Azzolini, Dorian, Kennedy, McCann, Nicholas
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Centrals v  Eagles Round 9 Empty Re: Centrals v Eagles Round 9

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:13 pm

Surprised Laird didn't make some changes as Centrals have been a bit ordinary of late. No-one pressing in the magoos or is he showing faith in the guys to step up?
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:35 am

Centrals v  Eagles Round 9 Rd_9_c10
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:16 pm

Had a crack today and cant question the boys endeavour.The Eagles were just a lot cleaner with their skills and deserved their win .We tried hard but unfortunately we just arent good enough.
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:00 am

Had to watch this game on the Pass damn getting sick.
Eagles have improved greatly starting to get the new coaches message . Great to see three wins in a row .
Eagles missed Rowe up in the forward line .
But Seb has earned his spot as second ruck back .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:37 am

Eagles keep Bulldogs on the leash
Woodville-West Torrens kept its momentum rolling as it stretched its winning streak to three with a comfortable 29-point win against Central District at X Convenience Oval.

Coming into the contest with confidence-boosting victories against top-five teams Norwood and South Adelaide, the Eagles managed to keep the Bulldogs at arm’s length throughout the afternoon before powering away in the fourth term.

Spurred on by an eye-catching display in attack by hard-working forward Jack Hayes, the visitors booted four goals to the Dogs’ two in the final half-an-hour to seal the premiership points.

With talented Bulldog Troy Menzel closing the deficit to 16 points at the final change, the Eagles asserted themselves on the contest with the opening goal of the final quarter through the agency of a strong mark to Nick Moore.

As he has done so often this season, Central’s Justin Hoskin hit the scoreboard when he pounced on a loose ball from 15m out to trim the margin back to 17 points.

But three consecutive majors iced the game for the visitors, the third fittingly booted by Jake Johansen on the run from 50m as he celebrated his 100th Statewide Super match in fine style.

Eagles veterans Chris Hall and James Boyd, who were elevated from rare stints in the Reserves back into the League team, repaid the faith of coach Sam Lonergan offensively after chalking up 49 disposals between them.

Hall hit the scoreboard to boot the first goal of the game and a vital major when he found space to mark a Jack Hayes pass in the pocket during time-on of the final term.

Jared Petrenko also provided his trademark run and dash on the wide expanses at Elizabeth while also producing a crucial smother and turnover which resulted in a late goal for the Eagles.

Central’s Schiller brothers were again at the top of the leading disposal-winners while Hoskin had 21 touches to go with his two majors.

Menzel also did his best to keep his side in the contest by booting a team-high three majors at critical junctures.

EAGLES 4.3 8.7 11.10 15.13 (103)

CENTRAL 4.1 6.4 9.6 11.8 (74)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Eagles: Hall 25, Boyd 24, Johansen, Petrenko 22, Foote, Poole 21, J. Hayes 18, Goldsworthy, N. Hayes 17.

Central: Hoskin 21, McKenzie 20, Habel, Jenner 19, Jydon Neagle 16, D. Pisani 15.

GOALS – Eagles: J. Hayes 3, Hall, Johansen, Moore 2, Comitogianni, Foote, Guilhaus, N. Hayes, Sharrad, Thompson.

Central: Fort, Menzel 3, Hoskin 2, Marsh, Presbury, J. Schiller
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Premiers Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Question: are the Best Players published in the paper taken from the Coach's list or is the journalist simply reading off the highest on the Disposal List?

Nick Moore showed "something" in his 2nd game - not fast, but reads the game well, makes good decisions and a reliable kick. Hopefully, we can get Rowe back soon and have 2 useful "smalls" to complement Jack & Nick Hayes. ? whether Kysaiah Pickett, with his development during the season after his earlier debut, will take the other HF flank spot, giving us that much needed speed, if we're still a chance for the Finals.
Thommo looks a little off his game and our defence looks a little suspect against talls - luckily, Central's Fort dropped a couple of marks yesterday but Norwood, Adelaide, Port, Sturt have 1-2 198cm+ forwards who can cause us trouble.

On another note, see where Central's Hanna (Scruff's son) has quit Centrals - ? whether the Eagles will approach him next season. A good player who must be still in his mid twenties. And while on next season, ? chances of McPherson being delisted by the Crows & returning to the Eagles. Let's hope we can hang on to U18s key forward Jamie Coff.
Premiers
Premiers

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:08 pm

Premiers wrote:Question: are the Best Players published in the paper taken from the Coach's list or is the journalist simply reading off the highest on the Disposal List?

Nick Moore showed "something" in his 2nd game - not fast, but reads the game well, makes good decisions and a reliable kick. Hopefully, we can get Rowe back soon and have 2 useful "smalls"  to complement Jack & Nick Hayes. ? whether Kysaiah Pickett, with his development during the season after his earlier debut, will take the other HF flank spot, giving us that much needed speed, if we're still a chance for the Finals.
Thommo looks a little off his game and our defence looks a little suspect against talls - luckily, Central's Fort dropped a couple of marks yesterday but Norwood, Adelaide, Port, Sturt have 1-2 198cm+ forwards who can cause us trouble.

On another note, see where Central's Hanna (Scruff's son) has quit Centrals - ? whether the Eagles will approach him next season. A good player who must be still in his mid twenties. And while on next season, ? chances of McPherson being delisted by the Crows & returning to the Eagles. Let's hope we can hang on to U18s key forward Jamie Coff.
McPherson has another year on this year and will not be delisted. A class player who has had a lot of injuries. He is starting to put some quality games together now. I expect senior side is around the corner.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Premiers wrote:Question: are the Best Players published in the paper taken from the Coach's list or is the journalist simply reading off the highest on the Disposal List?

Reserves, yes.
For the league match report the reporter picks as I understand. Guess it's subjective in the end, you could ask 5 people and get a different top 5 and then what is read out by the coach will throw all of what everyone thought on their head.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:08 am

columbo wrote:

Reserves, yes.
For the league match report the reporter picks as I understand. Guess it's subjective in the end, you could ask 5 people and get a different top 5 and then what is read out by the coach will throw all of what everyone thought on their head.

Seeing I don’t buy the paper I have zero idea .
What I heard at the ground in two eagles games the paper disagrees with the coach .
One of those games against Port the paper had Boyd as the eagles best player . Boyd never made the coaches best players and was dropped .
So as Columbo says everyone is going to think differently to each other .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:21 pm

The other thing is only the coaches know if the player is doing what he is being told to do, might have racked up the touches and get best in the paper and 3 Magarey votes but may have had a job to do and not done it hence nothing from the coach.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:30 pm

columbo wrote:The other thing is only the coaches know if the player is doing what he is being told to do, might have racked up the touches and get best in the paper and 3 Magarey votes but may have had a job to do and not done it hence nothing from the coach.

Sounds right to me
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down