Round 9: Centrals v Eagles, Saturday 1 June @ Playford Alive Oval

+4
spell_check
waddayamean
bayman
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Round 9: Centrals v Eagles, Saturday 1 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 9: Centrals v Eagles, Saturday 1 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Admin Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Centrals v Eagles

Saturday 1 June
Playford Alive Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Centrals did what they had to do in their win over South, while the Eagles are coming off another massive win, this time over Glenelg. Will Centrals bring their win-loss record back to break even, or will the Eagles notch up another win, or even another big win?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Centrals v Eagles, Saturday 1 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Centrals v Eagles, Saturday 1 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 27, 2013 8:10 pm

even though it is at Elizabeth i'll tip the Eagles by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 9: Centrals v Eagles, Saturday 1 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 9: Centrals v Eagles, Saturday 1 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by spell_check Mon May 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Hopefully it will not be another letdown performance after a big win. If we are considered to be a top three side this year, these are the matches you need to win.

Congratulations goes to captain Luke Powell, becoming the fourth Woodville-West Torrens player to reach 200 matches. Whilst not being the most noticeable player on the ground, his in close work, ball getting and leadership has seen him win the best and fairest once as well as being a two time premiership player. Still an integral part of the side, I hope he has many more matches left in him.

Also congrats to Scott Lewis who will play his 100th match (21 were for West and 4 for Glenelg). I'm sure he is always grateful that Godsy gave him another chance to play League football. While I seem not to notice him, he does rack up the disposals, and is another at the core of the side.

There is no time better to break a 9 game losing streak at this venue (a record for the club); if only for these three reasons above.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue May 28, 2013 11:00 am

Come on you Eagles . This is the game just like the parade game the Eagles need to stand up and prove they are a top 3 side
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 pm

In this game against the Eagles, the Bulldogs will recognise the 50th year of participating in the League competition.

The players will be wearing another special one-off jumper with the names of all 495 players that have represented the club during this time, at League level.

They will also be available to purchase on game day, at the Merchandise Caravan, for $75 each...

Here is a look at the jumper:

Round 9: Centrals v Eagles, Saturday 1 June @ Playford Alive Oval 383534_524669637599594_179233642_n

Here's a story by Zac Milbank, from the CDFC site:

http://www.cdfc.com.au/club-news/dogs-special-year/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 31, 2013 5:24 pm

The Bulldogs to win at home.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:59 pm

FULL TIME @ PLAYFORD ALIVE OVAL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores

Central - 14.11 = 95

Eagles - 8.12 = 60

Doggies win by 35 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Central - S.Milne 4, K.Jenner 2, A.Obst, T.Goodrem, P.Thomas, I.Callinan, J.Boyd, J.Schiller, T.Dunne, R.Williams 1

Eagles - C.Kane, N.Slater 2, M.Goldsworthy, A.Ainger, N.Joyce, L.Thompson 1
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:28 pm

There you go...second to the ball, no one backing up when we did have the ball etc...you just can't expect to win at Elizabeth doing this. Only for the first 20 minutes of the last quarter when the game was realistically over were we up to the challenge. No doubt next week we will see another reactive performance from this match and therefore why we are not legitimate premiership contenders.

Oh, and no doubt Sumner will be suspended and so will Ainger...if you are an Eagles player you will be.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:22 pm

That was probably Centrals best performance of the season. Besides the early part of the last quarter, Centrals were dominant, while the Eagles were wasteful, and at times undisciplined.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Jai Bednall's Match Preview, fom Localfootysa...

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/central-district-back-in-the-premiership-race-after-35-point-win-over-eagles/story-e6freckc-1226655066406
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Eagles were crap once again at Elizabeth any report on Culley ?
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:26 pm

THEY'RE BACK !!!!!!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down