Round 10: Centrals v North - Saturday 20 June @ Playford Alive Oval

5 posters

Go down

Round 10: Centrals v North - Saturday 20 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 10: Centrals v North - Saturday 20 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:03 pm

A moment of ill-discipline cost Centrals dearly against Port, while North's season deteriorated further in going down to Glenelg. Will Centrals bounce back for the win and keep within the same postcode as the top 5, or will North go back down Main North Rd with 2 points.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Centrals v North - Saturday 20 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Centrals v North - Saturday 20 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Paul Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:48 pm

North by 16 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Centrals v North - Saturday 20 June @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Centrals v North - Saturday 20 June @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:49 pm

Centrals easily
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:46 pm

bayman wrote:Centrals easily

i didn't think that easy (99 points)

so if the ''sacked coach syndrome'' worked how much more would have Central won by if Ken was in charge ? seriously i can't believe there was no response at all from the players, from afar (Woodville oval) it seemed North didn't score at all for around an hour, not even a rushed behind
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:53 pm

bayman wrote:
bayman wrote:Centrals easily
from afar (Woodville oval) it seemed North didn't score at all for around an hour, not even a rushed behind

Pretty much spot on - kicked a behind 7 minutes into the 2nd quarter, then didn't score again until the 2 minute mark of the last quarter.

North were a complete an utter rabble today, and pretty much folded over completely in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  By the last quarter, Handby had to resort to Shaun Rehn coaching tactics - at one stage having 9 defenders at a centre bounce.

Centrals, on the other hand, were outstanding, and built on their relatively good form of the past month or so.  With little resistance from North, they were able to do what they wanted all game, but also fought well and contests and forced many turnovers.  The only downside was their kicking at goal with some relatively straightforward shots missed.  It was only wayward kicking that stopped the margin blowing out to 22-23 goals.

Centrals have an extremely tough fortnight ahead with road trips to Woodville and Norwood, but for this week at least, they're within the same postcode as 5th spot as they cross the 50% barrier for the first time this season.

Last edited by Brucetiki on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:56 pm

1.2 (8) is the lowest three quarter time score by any club since Norwood in the 2nd Semi of 1988 (1.1)
The lowest 3 quarter time score by North since the 1914 Final (0.8) vs Port, and outright since they failed to score at all against Norwood in Round 10 1898.  Kicked 2.2 in the last quarter of that match.

I could go on and on with certain stats about this score line, one of them being that it's the lowest ever score conceded by Central to 3QT; previous lowest was 1.7 (13) by Port in Round 11 1998. It's also the lowest 3QT score at Elizabeth, previous lowest being 1.6 (12) by Central vs Port in Round 17 1967
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Without seeing the game it is hard to comment but by all accounts North had nobody on the bench by quarter time. They then had a couple of more injuries which meant they had 16 men against 21 for half a game. At a big oval like Elizabeth they were never going to win, even Norwood would have struggled in similar circumstances.

Having said that, kicking 1.2 at three quarter time is a fairly pathetic effort.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum