+4
bayman
rocket_rooster
Lee
Brucetiki
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:50 pm

mickyj wrote:I'm home now .
I had a feeling it would be a close game .
Eagles did in the fourth what they'd done against South earlier in the year went Ultra defensive . Which mostly stopped Sturts run .
If Sturt couldn't run over the Eagles they may not beat North .
I want the Eagles to beat Norwood and as a great Norwood fan told me they may struggle on a large oval .

The 2 longest SANFL football grounds I reckon are Woodville Oval and Elizabeth Oval
Norwood in the last 2 seasons , in 4 games,  are undefeated on those BIG Ovals
In the 4 wins, they have won easily on the BIG grounds
The opinion on that NW may struggle on a large oval  is a flawed argument on whats happened the last 2 seasons
Norwood struggled on small grounds last season at home, and did better on the BIGger away oval games

Adelaide Oval is a reasonable length , but not wide
Its not wide as they have short square boundaries when they play cricket there

If Norwood are beaten at Adelaide Oval, it is not because Adelaide Oval is a BIG ground
If they get beaten , it will most prob be by a better team on the day
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by rocket_rooster Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:04 am

Norwood did really struggle on Prospect Oval which is a long but skinny oval and at Noarlunga which is a big ground.. Norwood supporters I know think that the only way Norwood can be beaten is by pace and quick ball movement.

Last edited by rocket_rooster on Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:25 am

I think one of the reasons Norwood lost at Noarlunga last week was because of the very hard, tough physical match they had the week before against North, North also seemed to struggle to shake off the Power reserves last week, so much that they had a shot after the siren to steal that match, obviously Norwood had a few out that day & South are a decent team that it wasn’t a certain victory to start with, I think rr is on the money pace could be their Achilles heel & I’ll add maybe a lack of a spearhead although I’ll concede Surman does a very good job at it
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:15 am

Scrappy wrote:
mickyj wrote:I'm home now .
I had a feeling it would be a close game .
Eagles did in the fourth what they'd done against South earlier in the year went Ultra defensive . Which mostly stopped Sturts run .
If Sturt couldn't run over the Eagles they may not beat North .
I want the Eagles to beat Norwood and as a great Norwood fan told me they may struggle on a large oval .

The 2 longest SANFL football grounds I reckon are Woodville Oval and Elizabeth Oval
Norwood in the last 2 seasons , in 4 games,  are undefeated on those BIG Ovals
In the 4 wins, they have won easily on the BIG grounds
The opinion on that NW may struggle on a large oval  is a flawed argument on whats happened the last 2 seasons
Norwood struggled on small grounds last season at home, and did better on the BIGger away oval g

Adelaide Oval is a reasonable length , but not wide
Its not wide as they have short square boundaries when they play cricket there

If Norwood are beaten at Adelaide Oval, it is not because Adelaide Oval is a BIG ground
If they get beaten , it will most prob be by a better team on the day

I only mentioned what a Norwood fan who writes a lot for Norwood told me .
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:45 pm

Ooops !
I mentioned AO as a thinish oval, but I reckon the oval is wider now after the redevelopment 
So its wider than before
It still aint what I would consider as a BIG oval though
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Norwood have lost their last 2 (at least) on Adelaide Oval, both in finals against Central. Both those sides were inferior to the current one, and I’m not sure it was the ground that did them in, moreso the physical nature of the opponent I think. That’s the area with the biggest question mark for mine.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:41 pm

Scrappy wrote:Ooops !
I mentioned AO as a thinish oval, but I reckon the oval is wider now after the redevelopment 
So its wider than before

Scrappy I had no intentions of upsetting Norwood fans .
We all know Norwood are the best team in the league this year so far.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:48 pm

Scrunch wrote:Norwood have lost their last 2 (at least) on Adelaide Oval, both in finals against Central. Both those sides were inferior to the current one, and I’m not sure it was the ground that did them in, moreso the physical nature of the opponent I think. That’s the area with the biggest question mark for mine.

Slightly different response
I watched the South v North game after the 6 goals straight were kicked . Or if it's easier from part way through the second term . That game was both teams were attack attack by both teams .
Sturt and Eagles game was totally different a game of defence defence defence .

What this means will Sturt next week be able to combat non stop attack.
And will the Eagles be able to shut down Norwood and go all out defensive as they did against Sturt.

I hope that makes sense .
Two totally different ways to win yesterday.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Scrappy wrote:Ooops !
So its wider than before

Yes the ground is now an oval shape and not a rectangle with rounded corners.
It is 125m wide x 167m long.

So I think that is mid-sized by other grounds comparisons.

It was pushed out about 15m on each wing from the original shape.
From memory I think the length shortened slightly from the original but only about 10m.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2