Southee
Flag No.10
UncleHuey
Scrunch
Brucetiki
17 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Eagles v Sturt
Sunday 17 September
Adelaide Oval

League: 2:10pm

The Eagles season continued decline, while Sturt fought hard for it's win over a brave Centrals. Who will face Port in the Grand Final?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:52 pm

if it rains the Eagles are a chance, if its dry i think it'll be a straight sets exit from the minor premier, i feel Sturt are too quick & too confident at the moment........i wonder whether it'll be a new game plan or new faces playing for the Eagles this week ? i say that because on the way home yesterday & listening to the abc who were interviewing Mick Godden whos said something like ''we're not kicking enough goals in September, i have to make drastic changes to ensure we win, i have 7 days to work on it & i wont get much sleep''
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:47 am

I think the Eagles peaked too early again
My Eagles will finish third
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:29 am

I feel the same as I did after losing 2006 Second Semi Final to Central ... and I hope the same recovery occurs.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:39 am

Most things point toward a Sturt victory, but I reckon this will be a real "line in the sand" game for the Eagles (if it's not, it really should be). Can't see them getting near Port though, so a Sturt win probably makes for the better GF for neutrals.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:01 pm

If Sturt win as I expect then some hard questions need to be asked at the Eagles. Continued finals failures make the rest of the season "wasted time" to a certain extent.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 pm

bayman wrote:Mick Godden whos said something like ''we're not kicking enough goals in September, i have to make drastic changes to ensure we win, i have 7 days to work on it & i wont get much sleep''

I think I'm right in saying McGregor has kicked a total of 4 goals in their last 5 finals so he may be under the pump.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:20 pm

i have calmed down will the eagles number 1 ruck be brought back in . Honestly the eagles have missed him.
Small forwards have been an issue later in the season seems our forwards are shorter than the back men worked against Adelaide but not against Port.
I think two ruck man may solve this leave Hayes at CHF and have the other Hayes a bit less guarded up forward .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:30 pm

IN – BORHOLM, FIRNS, LUKOSIUS
OUT – HAYLOCK      
Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval Prelim-Final-League-Team-Lineup-1024x852
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 pm

here is UBETS odds.....

SANFL Preliminary Final

Eagles v Sturt 17/9 2:10 PM, Sun 17 Sep 2017
Head To Head Line      
Eagles 2.30 (+9.5) 1.90
Sturt 1.60 (-9.5) 1.90

Margin 39.5
Half/Full Double
Tri Bet

Margin 39.5 - SANFL Eagles-Sturt Mgn39.5  

Bet   Win Odds  
Eagles 1-39 2.80
Eagles 40+ 8.50
Draw 51.00
Sturt 1-39 2.15
Sturt 40+ 5.00
Half/Full Double - SANFL Eagles-Sturt HT/FT  

Bet   Win Odds  
Eagles/Eagles 3.10
Eagles/Sturt 6.25
Any Other Result 26.00
Sturt/Eagles 7.50
Sturt/Sturt 2.00
Tri Bet - SANFL Eagles-Sturt TriBet  

Bet   Win Odds  
Eagles Over 15.5 Pts 3.70
Either Team Under 15.5 Pts 2.75
Sturt Over 15.5 Pts 2.15
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter69 Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Yeah but all you people forget that we got the X factor;) He's done it before and no doubt he'll do it yet again. Go Eagles!!!!!
Peter69
Peter69

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Sturt will romp it in !!! Easily too.

Eagles look way too unfit.  Sturt too much aggression and run.

Sturt by 6 goals.

Last edited by Southee on Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:26 pm

Peter69 wrote:Yeah but all you people forget that we got the X factor;) He's done it before and no doubt he'll do it yet again. Go Eagles!!!!!

Who is the ''X factor'' ?

can't work that out

Southee is correct, Sturt too quick for the Eagles, the Eagles only hope is if it rains & that wont happen given the forecast
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:15 am

bayman wrote:
Peter69 wrote:Yeah but all you people forget that we got the X factor;) He's done it before and no doubt he'll do it yet again. Go Eagles!!!!!

Who  is the ''X factor''  ?  

can't work that out

Southee  is  correct, Sturt  too quick  for  the Eagles,  the Eagles  only  hope is if it rains & that wont happen given the forecast

Borholm could be the X factor number one Eagles ruckman has not played league in months . He's come back from injury through the seconds against south and the dogs .
Eagles fans have been screaming for his inclusion for weeks he is the key to the midfield West over 200cm he wins taps but they aren't to the Eagles midfield
Or Gods may pull a Fuller trick from the past state under 18 player son of former Eagle Lukious if I've spelt his name right named in league and juniors Fuller would use this trick he is an unknown factor kicked a Jedi of goals in the seconds iirc.
Eagles win the midfield play their game Sturt struggle
Of course if Sturt kick points like the last two games v the Eagles Sturt struggle
Those two inclusions could also play up forward make the forward line taller.
Dunno West a ruck forward from the NEAFL over 200 cm who knows
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:38 am

Great battling ruckman but doesn't help the leg speed of the team, will likely help at the stoppages though
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:02 pm

bayman wrote:Great battling ruckman but doesn't help the leg speed of the team, will likely help at the stoppages though

Seeing I have watched every game every week . I've seen with out borholm the taps won but not to eagles players . Then on comes Hayes and that improves . Not last week I'll admit .
Lukcsus coming in is surprising if he comes up goal kicker under 18s and state under 18s and kicked goals in the seconds
Who knows
All I know let the eagles play their style other teams can't stand up to it .
I'll only say Adelaide 7 goals up Eagles kick 9 of the last 10 goals just as an example
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:41 pm

I'd suggest the young bloke might play given what Mick Godden said on ABC radio immediately after last weeks match, he said (something like) '' we're not kicking enough goals in September, i've got to make drastic changes to help us with scoring so i have 7 days to come up with something & i'll probably wont sleep this week'' as for the comeback at Woodville, that was great back then but that will mean absolutely nothing tomorrow & the same goes for Sturts' ''heroic'' matches when they line up tomorrow
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:25 pm

bayman wrote:I'd suggest the young bloke might play given what Mick Godden said on ABC radio immediately after last weeks match, he said (something like) '' we're not kicking enough goals in September, i've got to make drastic changes to help us with scoring so i have 7 days to come up with something & i'll probably wont sleep this week'' as for the comeback at Woodville, that was great back then but that will mean absolutely nothing tomorrow & the same goes for Sturts' ''heroic'' matches when they line up tomorrow

True that's y I only mentioned that game against Adelaide
Yep Godd said something similar on 7 news
Youngsters coming in during finals is a Ron Fuller tactic which worked Paul Stewart played 20 or 30 seconds in a winning GF first league game fit injured and drafted by the power now an eagle again
This kid playing can kick goals if he comes up another son of an eagle
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Think the axe has been wielded for the Eagles
Some changes keep watching
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Unless I've missed him, Lukosius is not in the u/18's grand final team today, good luck to the young fella
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:56 pm

bayman wrote:Unless I've missed him, Lukosius is not in the u/18's grand final team today, good luck to the young fella

I may have been wrong or early in my last post
Yes he must be in the league
Seen a large group down to the rooms could be his family
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:Unless I've missed him, Lukosius is not in the u/18's grand final team today, good luck to the young fella

I may have been wrong or early in my last post
Yes he must be in the league
Seen a large group down to the rooms could be his family
Correct saw on facebook
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Nope Gods has swung the axe Eagles players warming up to the Sturt song after the U18
Borholm in West out
Firns in
Young fella out there

No going back eagles forward
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:13 pm

game on
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:17 pm

goal to sturt
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next