Southee
Flag No.10
UncleHuey
Scrunch
Brucetiki
17 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Sturt 7.4
to
Eagles 5.4

end of The Third Quarter
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval - Page 3 Empty Re: Preliminary Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 17 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Lee Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:07 pm

The eagles have to clean up their disposal efficiency.

If they do, they're still a big chance.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:11 pm

3/4 TIME
WT 5-4
ST 7-4

Same as first half
WT more boo boos
ST slightly favored in 50/50 umpiring decisions
ST better skill level

ST have the lead and should hang on
WT have got up a few times this season in similar situations
Looks a great last quarter coming up
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Last goal to Sturt helped them but it's still a 50/50 match, Eagles have to try & score more heavily, will the loss of Hansen play a part with rotations etc ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Sturt 7.4
Eagles 6.4
4th quarter
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Sturt 8.5
Eagles 6.4
Game slipping away from the WWT
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:23 pm

10 minutes into the 4th quarter
Sturt 9.5 59
WWT 6.4 40

S.A.N.F.L
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 pm

point to beard
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:30 pm

Sturt 9.7
Eagles 7.4
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:31 pm

21st Century Beard
Sturt 10.7
WWT 7.4

This game is most certainly done

Last edited by killer on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Beards fourth has put the second nail into the coffin
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Sturt 10.7 67
Eagles 8.4 52
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Sturt 11.7 73
Eagles 8.4 52
Crocker from the boundary
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Full time score
Sturt 11.7 73
WWT 8.5 53
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Footy Lover Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:52 pm

cant see weagles ever winning kicking to wundke all the time. hes too slow and under the pump all the time and the weagles kicking isnt good enough. lukosius real good though.
Footy Lover
Footy Lover

Teams : Sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Well footy for me ends now
Start fishing weekends again now
Eagles need to recruit better
And let players retire like Wundke
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:12 pm

mickyj as a passionate Eagles man where do you see them heading 3 years in a row now best team in the minor round but cant get it done in finals is it time to move some on
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:45 pm

lets put things into perspective, the Eagles from last year lost a lot of players & have brought some new ones in, in hindsight i think the younger players may have tired a bit over the back end of the year, perhaps with the turnaround of players they actually over achieved this year as they have a brilliant coach, which reminds me that Ben Warren must have done an absolutely brilliant job when he coach a premiership at Norwood having lost numerous players to the AFL & a retirement or two.....while it will be disappointing for you today the bigger picture might be a lot rosier than you think

anyone know a crowd figure ? they didn't put one up or i missed it & personally thought it was a small crowd
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:25 pm

mickyj wrote:Well footy for me ends now

I think the game has moved past Wundke who is an old time full forward.
He doesn't get around enough to present to be effective, particularly if CHF is his new spot.
I suspect he will call time.

The kid Lukosius looks real good and could be the next big thing....but for how long until the AFL grabs him?

Eagles had double the handballs of Sturt if that means anything.

But it was a tense contest.

Hansen looked real proppy at the end and looks to have done his back. Will be tough getting back for next week I think. Apparently they worked on him for 30min in the first quarter just to get him walking again.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:50 pm

bayman wrote:lets put things into perspective, the Eagles from last year lost a lot of players & have brought some new ones in, in hindsight i think the younger players may have tired a bit over the back end of the year, perhaps with the turnaround of players they actually over achieved this year as they have a brilliant coach, which reminds me that Ben Warren must have done an absolutely brilliant job when he coach a premiership at Norwood having lost numerous players to the AFL & a retirement or two.....while it will be disappointing for you today the bigger picture might be a lot rosier than you think

anyone know a crowd figure ? they didn't put one up or i missed it & personally thought it was a small crowd

Good post
Godden lost a lot of cattle pre- season , I had thought they would miss finals
To play in a Prelim Final was an outstanding great effort
Bayman might be on the ball, maybe the younger WWT players found it harder at seasons end
The squad , at this stage , is good enough in 2018 to go all the way
Looking forward to seeing the Hayes brothers, and Lukosius next season, the 3 of them are x factor types

Ben Warren lost close to half a team when he took over Norwood and won a flag
I had thought that there was no way Norwood could make the finals
To win the Grand Final was a great effort by the rookie coach
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:55 pm

Crowd 7,223
or something like that

PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:56 pm

This year not one for minor premiers
U18 - South out in straight sets
Reserves - Port out in straight sets
League - Eagles out in straight sets
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:07 pm

bayman wrote:lets put things into perspective, the Eagles from last year lost a lot of players & have brought some new ones in, in hindsight i think the younger players may have tired a bit over the back end of the year, perhaps with the turnaround of players they actually over achieved this year as they have a brilliant coach, which reminds me that Ben Warren must have done an absolutely brilliant job when he coach a premiership at Norwood having lost numerous players to the AFL & a retirement or two.....while it will be disappointing for you today the bigger picture might be a lot rosier than you think

Spot on with the juniors imho
Crowd was 7322
Last week was only 2000 more roughly
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
mickyj wrote:Well footy for me ends now

I think the game has moved past Wundke who is an old time full forward.
He doesn't get around enough to present to be effective, particularly if CHF is his new spot.
I suspect he will call time.

The kid Lukosius looks real good and could be the next big thing....but for how long until the AFL grabs him?

Eagles had double the handballs of Sturt if that means anything.

But it was a tense contest.

Hansen looked real proppy at the end and looks to have done his back. Will be tough getting back for next week I think. Apparently they worked on him for 30min in the first quarter just to get him walking again.

Spot on with Wundke I heard they had him play another year as Ainger left
While it hurts to lose but for a 17 yo son of an eagles player kicks 4 goals in his league debut is a plus .
Eagles did not want to be the best team to start with Sturt helped the eagles kicking 17 points after 1/4 time at the unley game
Eagles win so many games they should have lost
There is always next year
Everyone can say what they like chokers ect
I was always there watching the eagles kick one goal a game
Not sure what was worse lol
Next week go Sturt
Eagles need to be fitter recruit better
And have a better game plan
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:40 pm

So much of how you feel about a season at it's end depends on expectations.

Pre-season a 3rd place finish with all the changes at Oval Ave would have probably been acceptable for a rebuilding year
BUT
As minor premiers it is very disappointing
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next