+4
bayman
rocket_rooster
Lee
Brucetiki
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:22 pm

Eagles v Sturt
Sunday 2 September
Adelaide Oval

League: 3:15pm

The Eagles geared up for their finals campaign with a big win over Centrals, while Sturt had a last second loss to Glenelg. Who will keep their double chance?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Quite a list of potential "outs" due to injuries for the Blues.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Qualifying Final: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 2 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Go Eagles

Time to end that finals hoodoo
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:03 pm

EAGLES

Woodville-West Torrens has named a very settled line-up for the Qualifying Final against Sturt.

Rugged midfielder Jack Firns and versatile defender Joe Heinjus have been added to the Eagles’ 23-man squad.

Both Firns and Heinjus have been listed on the five-man extended interchange bench, which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.

F: Johansen, N. Hayes, Lukosius

HF: Boyd, J. Hayes, Petrenko

C: Hall, Sinor, Lewis

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Rowland

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Stewart

R: Redden, Sharrad, Poole

INT: Haylock, Gray, Borholm, Firns, Heinjus

IN: Firns, Heinjus

IN: Firns, Heinjus
– FIRNS, GUILHAUS, HEINJUS, ROWE ( this was in the email the first one was from the sanfl )
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:22 am

Who will replace Jake Johansen from todays line up?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:52 am

bayman wrote:Who will replace Jake Johansen from todays line up?

He's not on the club's injury list .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:57 am

mickyj wrote:

Well being a final they’re   not going to let the opposition know until the team sheets are passed on are they ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:21 am

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Well being a final they’re   not going to let the opposition know until the team sheets are passed on are they ?

Unless your Sturt been in the media all week with their outs.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:28 am

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Because those injuries happened in a match for all to see, no point hiding that, trust me Jake is NOT PLAYING today
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:43 am

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Because those injuries happened in a match for all to see, no point hiding that, trust me Jake is NOT PLAYING today

Well if you know for certain why do you need to know who replaces him .
If he isn't playing look at the bench runner up seconds medal winner 2018 sitting on the bench .
Easiest way to find out buy a ticket
I'll be there with my free ticket from attending all Eagles Home games.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:01 pm

I’m already here with my free ticket too, I only asked a question so why get all aggressive with that “if I know he’s out why ask whose in” type of comment?

I thought it could start a discussion but no you get aggressive because you didn’t know he is out

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:19 pm

MJ
Bayman

I will assume you both have FREE tickets , because you attended all home games for GL or WWT in 2018?
If so thats a great reward for two guys who really support their clubs
Well done men

I have a further suggestion
Perhaps you can both car pool for the remainder of the finals , and share the cost of the car park admission
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:30 pm

Why ? I’ve got a car park pass too
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:36 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Seeing Jake was injured last week as well but you should have known that .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:51 pm

Oh now you believe me....wow, obviously you’ve asked someone & got the affirmative & I do know who the replacement is but have been asked not to name him
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:24 pm

bayman wrote:Oh now you believe me....wow, obviously you’ve asked someone & got the affirmative & I do know who the replacement is but have been asked not to name him
Actually didn't ask a sole I was at Elizabeth saw him get injured and then go back on and continue playing .
Still don't understand why your so bothered
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Scrappy wrote:MJ
Bayman

I will assume you both have FREE tickets , because you attended all home games for GL or WWT in 2018?
If so thats a great reward for two guys who really support their clubs
Well done men

I have a further suggestion
Perhaps you can both car pool for the remainder of the finals , and share the cost of the car park admission

Lol I catch the bus it's cheaper

And I'm at Adelaide oval now hearing Ball everytime a North player touches a South fan
Just a normal north game lol

I still have no idea why bayman must know whose out
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:34 pm

I just posted to inform people that Jake is out & was asked by one of your officials not to name the replacement, I respect that & wont name him, I think your upset that someone knew something before you, sorry for informing the public what I was allowed too
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:40 pm

bayman wrote:I just posted to inform people that Jake is out & was asked by one of your officials not to name the replacement, I respect that & wont name him, I think your upset that someone knew something before you, sorry for informing the public what I was allowed too

Actually doesn't bother me in the slightest
Rather than writing stuff I know or don't know
I'm sitting in the Sun at Adelaide oval
And I've seen the player who probably has come in . Kicking the ball at half time .
But I'm here at the oval seeing it live rather than posting online like you have . I'm on my iPhone.

On that note I'll enjoy the Sun listen to North and South fans wait for my game to start.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Im posting from home Mickey
My team did didnt make either final today
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Scrappy wrote:Im posting from home Mickey
My team did didnt make either final today

Didn't mean you Scrappy
And Firns replaced jake
Lol
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Perhaps one of the most dominant win for a relatively small margin for a while. Called it 4 minutes into the 2nd quarter.

Eagles were too good around the contest, but will need to be much more effective in attack.

Paul Stewart extremely good.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm home now .
I had a feeling it would be a close game .
Eagles did in the fourth what they'd done against South earlier in the year went Ultra defensive . Which mostly stopped Sturts run .
If Sturt couldn't run over the Eagles they may not beat North .
I want the Eagles to beat Norwood and as a great Norwood fan told me they may struggle on a large oval .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Very ordinary game to watch, Lees’ summary is quite accurate in that the Eagles dominated play for long periods, yet were never far enough in front to feel safe, I think without improvement Norwood will smash the Eagles next week & I think the open spaces will suit them to a tee
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Woodville-West Torrens has advanced to the Second Semi-Final after strangling Sturt by 21 points in the Qualifying Final at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.

Desperate to atone for last year’s straight-sets finals exit, the Eagles kept the Double Blues to just 10 scoring shots and a total of 40 points as they earned first crack at minor premier Norwood next Sunday.

”It was nice,” Eagles coach Michael Godden told Channel 7 when asked about the defensive effort.

”We haven’t had a good couple of years in finals so the pressure was on us but we feel the monkey is off the back a little bit now.

”Our effort around the contest was outstanding, our tackling pressure was top notch, we just didn’t use the footy as we would have liked.”

Fuelled by rejuvenated veteran Paul Stewart, who finished with 35 disposals and 12 marks in an influential display, the Eagles led at every change as they found multiple avenues to goal.

While the boys from Oval Avenue were inaccurate in booting 8.13, they still mustered 21 shots on goal as Angus Poole, Tom Gray and Ethan Haylock worked in well around the Hayes brothers – Nick and Jack.

”It’s a dynamic forward line,” Godden noted.

”It’s a lot younger than we had in the past and there is some real class up there. We needed to kick a bigger score and while we didn’t kick a big score, we had a lot of shots (on goal) which was pleasing.”

Nick Hayes had a particularly strong first half as he tallied 24 disposals and a noteworthy 13 tackles while spending the majority of his time in the Eagles’ attacking 50m arc.

One of the contenders for the Magarey Medal – James Boyd – racked up 28 touches as he teamed with Stewart in helping put Sturt’s midfield on the back foot.

Classy Eagles teenager Jack Lukosius only managed a behind – from a quick snap at 3om – but roamed high up the field for a forward to register 18 disposals and seven marks as he used the ball wisely on most occasions.

Already without Jake Johansen, who was a late withdrawal with a calf ailment, the Eagles’ only concern will be the health of ruckman Marc Borholm, who was sporting an ice pack on his foot after the final siren.

Conversely, Sturt will again be busy assessing the fitness of its players after premiership midfielder James Battersby was forced from the field with a shoulder injury during the third quarter.

Already missing the grunt of Aidan Riley – unavailable due to a hamstring strain – in the centre square, the Double Blues were severely hampered when Battersby was deemed unfit to resume.

With high-flying Shane McAdam kept in check by Eagles co-captain Pat Giuffreda, the defending champs battled to hit the scoreboard with any regularity.

Sturt didn’t register a major between McAdam’s two goals which were scored in the seventh minute of the third term and the 13th of the fourth term.

In between, the Eagles booted 3.3 to take control of the contest and book a berth against the Redlegs next Sunday.

The Double Blues will now hope Riley will recover in time for the First Semi-Final against North Adelaide, while Jack Oatey Medallist Fraser Evans will also attempt to rush himself back from the ankle injury he sustained against Glenelg in Round 19.

EAGLES  2.4  4.7  7.9  8.13 (61)

STURT  2.2  3.3  4.3  6.4 (40)

LEADING DISPOSALS – Eagles: Stewart 35, Boyd 28, N. Hayes 24, Lewis 23, Haylock 20, Hall 19, Rowland, Lukosius 18, Sinor 17.

Sturt: Kirkwood 24, Crocker, Colquhoun 22, Taggert 16, Thiele, Stephens 14.

GOALS – Eagles: Poole 2, Borholm, Gray, Hall, J. Hayes, N. Hayes, Haylock.

Sturt: McAdam 2, Osborn, Read, Taggert, Dodd.

INJURIES -Eagles: Borholm (foot).

Sturt: Battersby (shoulder).

UMPIRES – C. Bowen, G. Lewis, M. Harris
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next