Lee
spell_check
PhilH
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 6: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 6 May @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 6: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 6 May @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:18 pm

Sturt v Eagles
Sunday 6 May
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Sturt had a big win over Port in their last match, while the Eagles were the latest team to fall victim to North. Who will win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 6 May @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 6 May @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by mickyj Thu May 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Eagles ruckman Marc Borholm has taken longer than most to reach his 100th Macca’s League match milestone.

Starting with Sturt’s Under-17 side in 2004, Borholm has faced the challenging decision to switch SANFL clubs on two occasions before finding his niche at Oval Avenue.

In between playing with the Double Blues – the team he will face on Sunday at Peter Motley Oval – the 29-year-old spent four years at West Adelaide which yielded just 10 Macca’s League games as he battled to surpass Ryan Willits, Matthew Lobbe, Daniel Webb and Peter Nelson.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, Borholm paid tribute to his Eagles coach Michael Godden, who continually backed him in to be the club’s No.1 ruckman.
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 6 May @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 6 May @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by mickyj Thu May 03, 2018 6:54 pm

GLES
League
The Eagles have regained Matt Goldsworthy for the big clash with Sturt at Peter Motley Oval on Sunday.
The smooth-moving left-footer has recovered from a quad injury to be named in defence to face the Double Blues.
He has been joined by veteran midfielder Scott Lewis and utility Jake Westbrook, who have both been added to the 23-man squad.
Ruckman Marc Borholm will play his 100th Macca’s League match after making his debut with West Adelaide in 2009.

F: N. Hayes, Borholm, Lukosius
HF: J. Gaffney, J. Hayes, Sharrad
C: Hall, Poole, Haylock
HB: Rowland, Thompson, Stewart
B: Goldsworthy, Giuffreda, Von Bertouch

R: Redden, Boyd, Johansen
INT: Firns, Gray, Rowe, Westbrook, Lewis
IN: Lewis, Goldsworthy, Westbrook
OUT: Heinjus

Reserves
McLeod, Sheppard, Cook, Hawkins, Minney, Weidemann, Comitogianni, Schmusch, X.Redden, Smith, Martin, C.Gaffney, Miller, Moore, Lee, West, Guilhaus, Rudloff, Heinjus, W.McPherson.
Under-18
F: Pratico, Morris, McNeil
HF: Friend, Armfield, Passaniti
C: Burgoyne, Pudney, Beecken
HB: Smith, R. Bruce, Sibley
B: Brill, McNeilly, Hillard
R: Michael, Miller, Mead
INT: Carter, Coff, Francis, Nicholas, Thompson
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Game of the round, or should be. Both teams looking good at the moment so I'll pick the double Blues at home by 15 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun May 06, 2018 10:05 am

Round 6: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 6 May @ Peter Motley Oval Rd_6_s11
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun May 06, 2018 10:09 am

Game Day ! 1079 Life's SANFL Macca's League broadcast for Round 6 is a big one ... Sturt hosting the Eagles at Peter Motley Oval, Unley

You could WIN a Double Pass to Wallis Cinemas, just pick a winner and margin on the 1079 Life Facebook Page

SANFL ONE starts 1pm, First Bounce 2.10pm

Listen 107.9 FM in Adelaide, streamed [url=1079life.com/listen]1079life.com/listen[/url]

Round 6: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 6 May @ Peter Motley Oval Life_t13
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 06, 2018 10:14 am

Wow not much going on online about today's game .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 06, 2018 12:55 pm

Clash in the early stages of the third term of the reserves, the Eagles player got up but the is concern for the Sturt player who was convolsing, been on the ground for at least 5 minutes now, hopefully the lad is ok
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Third quarter went 27.40 & league coach Marty Mattner ran up the stairs to the timekeepers stressing that quarters are 26 minutes dead no matter what....yes the Eagles got a goal after that 26 minute mark was reached & I agree if they are the rules then that’s what should happen
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 06, 2018 1:55 pm

Reserves ended in a draw 12.9.81 a piece

Sturt were 1 point down as the siren went, a Sturt player had taken a mark about 50 metres out & his kick looked on line early but as the ball lost momentum it drifted across the face of goal for a behind

I wonder whether Sturt will put in a complaint
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun May 06, 2018 3:25 pm

It should have gone for 30 minutes - there was a delay for a stretcher - so I was surprised it only went for 27.40. I have seen time added on before for it.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 06, 2018 3:29 pm

That was a very distressing incident to watch purely accidental. But all players were screaming for trainers Eagles got to him first a strecther went out
Any news ?
It appeared to take sturt a long time to get to the player I have never seen that ever at an oval before convulsing on the ground
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Great win esgles
Esgles stopped in the last but sturt were to far behind
Esgles learned from the loss to North
Great game of footy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun May 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Seconds game
The injured player was up and about in the crowd after the match
He showed enormous courage and ran face on into a pack of players
The game was stopped for about 8 minutes

In the main game the Eagles were brilliant
Their foot skills on display , very clean disposal for most of the game, quite good as Sturt did pressure them

HIGHLIGHTS
Shane Mcadams dazzling skills

Hugo Munn took one of greatest marks Ive seen
He jumped over a pack and marked a ripper in the Sturt goal square and kicked a goal
That mark reminded me of the way Bayman used to play football
Bayman might still have the sprig marks on his shoulders ...
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 06, 2018 6:54 pm

Nice one, Scrappy.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun May 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Scrappy wrote:Seconds game
The injured player was up and about in the crowd after the match
He showed enormous courage and ran face on into a pack of players
The game was stopped for about 8 minutes

In the main game the Eagles were brilliant
Their foot skills on display , very clean disposal for most of the game, quite good as Sturt did pressure them

HIGHLIGHTS
Shane Mcadams dazzling skills

Hugo Munn took one of greatest marks Ive seen
He jumped over a pack and marked a ripper in the Sturt goal square and kicked a goal
That mark reminded me of the way Bayman used to play football

Bayman might still have the sprig marks on his shoulders ...

Glad the Sturt seconds player was ok.
Scrappy missed a few things but that's ok.
Agsinst North Eagles couldn't get Redden back on the ground from the bench .
Couldn't happen today and Redden marked his spot today as number 1 ruck for the Eagles. At his height he was getting down on the ground picking the ball and getting around sturt players.
What we saw today was an Eagles team that bottled up sturt enough to cause sturt to stuff up in the Eagles forward line . And funny how sturt crumbled under pressure .
Of course when they could the Eagles moved the ball fast and quick .
I think today Sturts habit of outriders not getting the hard ball was a big hinderence rather than help.
Now on Borholms 100 th game he was a sturt under 17 he took a timely Mark and goal .
Which helped to keep sturt under the pump
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 06, 2018 8:12 pm

I can confirm the Sturt lad is ok, Warren Partland told me he was walking around the rooms in between both matches, Sturt need to find a chf, I think perhaps they could play Osborn there

Given on what I’ve seen so far this year & bearing in mind that Sinor, Patrenko & Boyd likely first pick players still to come back in, that if ever the Eagles are going to win a premiership then this is the year, UBET were $4.50 before the round & are now $4.00 I think that is a great bet & have taken it....this is their biggest chance of all the chances that they’ve had in recent years
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sun May 06, 2018 8:43 pm

bayman wrote:Third quarter went 27.40 & league coach Marty Mattner ran up the stairs to the timekeepers stressing that quarters are 26 minutes dead no matter what....yes the Eagles got a goal after that 26 minute mark was reached & I agree if they are the rules then that’s what should happen

It was Sturt that kicked the goal at 26:49 in the 3rd qtr. Mattner was signalling from the ground at 26 min that the  siren should go then ran up and told timekeepers to sound  it despite 3 of them (the Sturt reserves and league and Eagles reserves) telling him that due to the stretcher, time on would be added. Think his concern was more about his pre match routine being put out of whack than the outcome of the 2's game as the league players were waiting on the boundary to go out for a kick.
Good to hear the Sturt player was up and about, awful to see him laying on the ground the way he was, good cooperation by both clubs docs, physios and trainers to treat him.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon May 07, 2018 9:03 am

The way I saw /heard it
Mattner did come up the grandstand to inform the timekeepers
I could hear Mattner making his point about time on
Then I looked at the time on the scoreboard it had stopped at 27.40

There were goals scored late in that quarter
I reckon the Eagles goaled close to the 26 minute mark ?
Sturt did score the last goal of the quarter , the 26.49 posted by Columbo would be about right

Eagles led by 3-4 goals in the 2nd half
It was a decent effort , from that point , by Sturt to draw the match
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Mon May 07, 2018 9:10 am

Is it normal for a coach to be remonstrating with a time keeper? Some sort of warning or worse needs to be given if that was the case.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 07, 2018 9:12 am

On a side note Kory Beard kicked 7.5 for Marble Range on the weekend
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon May 07, 2018 9:26 am

Scrappy wrote:The way I saw /heard it
Mattner did come up the grandstand to inform the timekeepers
I could hear Mattner making his point about time on
Then I looked at the time on the scoreboard it had stopped at 27.40

There were goals scored late in that quarter
I reckon the Eagles goaled close to the 26 minute mark ?
Sturt did score the last goal of the quarter , the 26.49 posted by Columbo would be about right

Eagles led by 3-4 goals in the 2nd half
It was a decent effort , from that point , by Sturt to draw the match

I can't really comment on Mattners going on to the time keepers

What I can say about scoring in the seconds game.
Eagles scored 7 goals to the southern end .
The northern end the Eagles didn't score a goal until the last quarter . I watched Seb kick two out on the full in that quarter at that end.
Whatever the wind was by the start of the league match the wind was gone .
Even though the oval doesn't have standard flags the ones between the stands stopped moving .

My only gripe of unley oval or the sanfl scaning tickets to gain entry .
My daughters ticket normally takes three goes Sunday it took three or four minutes
Now sitting amongst the crowd I could hear fans saying the line to get in was long as the scanners weren't working .
Either Sturt bought crappy scanners or the sanfl did .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon May 07, 2018 9:29 am

goddy11 wrote:Is it normal for a coach to be remonstrating with a time keeper? Some sort of warning or worse needs to be given if that was the case.

Let's be honest it's Sturt he won't get charged with anything
Does raise a question what do they need to do so badly between matches.
Didn't appear to hurt the Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Feathers Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 am

"bayman" you do the Eagles Reserve team a grave injustice suggesting they may have scored an illegal goal in the third quarter and that the SFC should/maybe complain.
I will now set out what happened.
At the 55 second mark of the third quarter the game was halted due to a Sturt player being injured. The digital clock on the score board kept running so it was quite easy to identify specific points in the quarter. The quarter resumed at the 8min 36 sec mark ( a stop of 7min 41 secs) and then the quarter ended at the 27 min 44 sec. mark. So in fact the quarter went for only 20 min 3secs normal playing time. This meant the Eagles lost 5 min 57 sec going with a strong wind - they had kicked 7 goals with that wind in the 1st quarter). My immediate thought was that to be fair the last quarter should go for 20 min 3 secs, but sometimes common sense doesn't come in to it, Sturt got the full 26 minutes, where they kicked the tying point after the siren. I'm sure the SANFL would say that both teams had the same amount of time for the game and couldn't care less. I would just like to point out during the game 17 goals were kicked with the wind and 7 goals against. I think the Eagles have more to complain about than Sturt.
Finally, last year I was at a reserves match when a stretcher was brought onto the oval, the amount of time taken to remove the player was added on to the quarter. It is silly to suggest that a quarter should go for 26 mins under all circumstances.
I would like to point out it was the Eagles doctor that finally went and attended to the injured Sturt player!!!
Feathers
Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon May 07, 2018 2:00 pm

Feathers wrote:"bayman" you do the Eagles Reserve team a grave injustice suggesting they may have scored an illegal goal in the third quarter and that the SFC should/maybe complain.
I will now set out what happened.
At the 55 second mark of the third quarter the game was halted due to a Sturt player being injured. The digital clock on the score board kept running so it was quite easy to identify specific points in the quarter. The quarter resumed at the 8min 36 sec mark ( a stop of 7min 41 secs) and then the quarter ended at the 27 min 44 sec. mark. So in fact the quarter went for only 20 min 3secs normal playing time. This meant the Eagles lost 5 min 57 sec going with a strong wind - they had kicked 7 goals with that wind in the 1st quarter). My immediate thought was that to be fair the last quarter should go for 20 min 3 secs, but sometimes common sense doesn't come in to it, Sturt got the full 26 minutes, where they kicked the tying point after the siren. I'm sure the SANFL would say that both teams had the same amount of time for the game and couldn't care less. I would just like to point out during the game 17 goals were kicked with the wind and 7 goals against. I
think the Eagles have more to complain about than Sturt.

Finally, last year I was at a reserves match when a stretcher was brought onto the oval, the amount of time taken to remove the player was added on to the quarter. It is silly to suggest that a quarter should go for 26 mins under all circumstances.
I would like to point out it was the Eagles doctor that finally went and attended to the injured Sturt player!!!  

Good post Feathers I was sitting where seeing the score board was hard to see .
At least the Sturt fans weren't to close.
I'm not sure about the time
But goals with the wind out weighed goals into the wind . In the seconds match .

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next