Round 6: Sturt v Port - Sunday 1 May @ Peter Motley Oval

+2
bayman
Brucetiki
6 posters

Go down

Round 6: Sturt v Port - Sunday 1 May @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 6: Sturt v Port - Sunday 1 May @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:42 pm

Sturt (3rd 3-1 53.83%) v Port (8th 1-3 47.12%)
Sunday 1 May
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Sturt had a brilliant win over Norwood, while one bad quarter from Port was enough for them to lose to Centrals. Will Sturt continue their great start to the season, or will Port notch up win number 2 for the season.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Sturt v Port - Sunday 1 May @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Sturt v Port - Sunday 1 May @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by bayman Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:45 pm

which Port will turn up ? Sturt playing well & as a team so i'll tip the blues' by 28 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Sturt v Port - Sunday 1 May @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Sturt v Port - Sunday 1 May @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:44 pm

I didn't really rate the Blues before the season started but they have done well so far. Hard to get a handle on Port, based on last week you would say the Blues would win but wholesale changes might stir them up a bit. I think Port will win by 3 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun May 01, 2016 8:22 pm

15 Minutes into the last quarter
ST 17-15 [117]
PA 4-6 [30]

Final Score
ST 18-15 [123]
PA 9-6 [60]

A:Was it a good finish by PA ?
B:Did ST ease up ?
C:Or a combination of both ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon May 02, 2016 10:52 pm

Scrappy wrote:15 Minutes into the last quarter
ST 17-15 [117]
PA 4-6 [30]

Final Score
ST 18-15 [123]
PA 9-6 [60]

A bit of each, and perhaps it was just an edge in fitness by the AFL guys. Hard to say really. We're aware that we're putting a lot of effort into games to keep up the pressure, but having occasional lapses. If somebody had told me before the season that we'd be 4:1 at this stage, I'd have laughed it off. Obviously we've really only just started on what we see as a 2 year journey towards being a genuine top 3 contender. A lot of work ahead of us.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue May 03, 2016 10:17 am

countrycousin wrote:
Scrappy wrote:15 Minutes into the last quarter
ST 17-15 [117]
PA 4-6 [30]

Final Score
ST 18-15 [123]
PA 9-6 [60]

A bit of each, and perhaps it was just an edge in fitness by the AFL guys. Hard to say really. We're aware that we're putting a lot of effort into games to keep up the pressure, but having occasional lapses. If somebody had told me before the season that we'd be 4:1 at this stage, I'd have laughed it off. Obviously we've really only just started on what we see as a 2 year journey towards being a genuine top 3 contender. A lot of work ahead of us.

Only 2 years?
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue May 03, 2016 1:03 pm

One has to be ambitious in this game. Too much longer and old blokes like me might not get to see it. Laughing
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue May 03, 2016 1:42 pm

countrycousin wrote:One has to be ambitious in this game. Too much longer and old blokes like me might not get to see it. Laughing

I don't think it is overly ambitious,not in the current SANFL climate. One or two key recruits in or out of any SANFL side can make the difference between top 3 and bottom 3 in my view.

I think Sturt were under rated by many this year, me included, but I did think the addition of Martin and McMahon was underestimated by many. Two solid halfback / midfield inclusions that can set up behind the ball and make it hard for teams to score against you.*

*Currently the best defence in the league.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down