+5
Chambo Off To Work We Go
UncleHuey
scott
Scrunch
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 10: Sturt v Port - Sunday 18 June @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 10: Sturt v Port - Sunday 18 June @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:22 pm

Sturt v Port
Sunday 18 June
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

Sturt had the rub of the green in their win over Centrals, while Port had a pretty black and white win over West. Who's colour will shine brightest this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Sturt v Port - Sunday 18 June @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Sturt v Port - Sunday 18 June @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by bayman Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:15 pm

The power reserves quite comfortably, let's say 47 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 10: Sturt v Port - Sunday 18 June @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 10: Sturt v Port - Sunday 18 June @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Scrunch Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 pm

I'll back the Blues, they've been in good nick lately. Thinking they can get home by about 13 points.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:05 pm

I saw Port last week.

Port.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:55 pm

Sturt by 15

As good as Port were last week against poor opposition, they won't like the aggression of Sturt's midfield - Riley and Kirkwood in particular.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:47 pm

I think the Power will win this but Sturt will run them close. Sturt's midfield will provide more contest then Westies did but Port have too many scoring options (and AFL listed players). Port by 20pts
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:14 pm

I should be cock-a-hoop with that win, but I am afraid I just can't fire up for these Port/Crows contests anymore.

This point is pressed home all the more when the talents of Brett Eddy (6 goals out of 9) are denied to the Panthers just to top up an afl list. What does the guy have to do to get a gig in the afl team? And the fact that the captain can't get a game in this side - it's just plain wrong.

And it might sound jaded, but I always still wonder if these 2 afl sides approach each and every game with a fair dinkum attitude.

Oh well, a win is a win as they say.

Rant over.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Understand your post in all respects, Chambo.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:31 pm

No where you're coming from mate
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 pm

Well said Chambo
saintal
saintal

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:48 pm

I'm on my phone so more later but for chambos' post all I'll say is the power reserves when still a chance wanted to play safe, short & sideways football, surely you take the game on then ? Rather than practice stuff

Also I got chatted today about my post, yeah I got it wrong, however I'm happy to have people post on here their thoughts pre game & answer rather than getting clipped at a game by a non poster in my good friend Gavin who'll be a very happy man tonight
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:10 pm

As for the game itself, Sturt were more desperate, hungry, harder & worked in numbers (numerous times there were far more Sturt players at the ball than the Power Reserve players)

i thought Mattner out coached Cornes too, because Sturt after halftime changed what they were doing & went long & direct & it worked & there was no move(s) (that i could see anyway) to try & quell it

about 15 minutes into the last quarter the Power Reserves were roughly 3 goals down, surely this is the time to crank it up & have a crack trying to win the game even if it costs another 2 or 3 goals with turnovers, however what i saw was 6 or 7 short kicks  sideways & backwards, how does this help the team try & win when doing this ? the cynic in me says they thought they were done & practiced things under match conditions & they still lost by just over 5 goals

Brett Eddy deserves a decent go at AFL level, give the bloke a month so he can settle & show his worth, otherwise he may as well be kicking goals for South
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down