goddy11
Scrunch
scott
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Adelaide Stadium....card only Empty Adelaide Stadium....card only

Post by bayman Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:53 pm

I’ve gone to the cricket today & watched an incredible finish to the womens big bash, I head out to buy some food & am told card only, well I do not possess any credit cards & being a diabetic I need food & as I was feeling a bit light headed I needed a sugar boost too, so I’ve got into my car went to a fast food place to get something for my condition before it worsened, I’m now home & ok but unless Glenelg are playing I will never go to any other sport or concerts again, what the hell is wrong with cash ? I’m just thankful I didn’t have a diabetic attack at the Stadium
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Adelaide Stadium....card only Empty Re: Adelaide Stadium....card only

Post by scott Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:28 pm

Where was it card only? Plenty of places at Adelaide Oval take cash.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:45 pm

Seeing I’m diabetic ( I’m having issues right now new diabetes drugs ) not quite the same re the card . Your talking about Glenelg oval I think .
Adelaide oval one finals series I was almost stopped taking subway into the oval . I said I am diabetic I need to eat better food than you sell here he wasn’t going to allow me in until another red coat said I could .
These days I now buy something there suburbs nope take my subway wrap in .
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:55 pm

scott wrote:Where was it card only? Plenty of places at Adelaide Oval take cash.

Level 5 & ground floor in Riverbank Stand, home now & feeling better
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:02 pm

bayman wrote:
scott wrote:Where was it card only? Plenty of places at Adelaide Oval take cash.

Level 5 & ground floor in Riverbank Stand, home now & feeling better

We’ll i was wrong
Hope your ok Bayman
Jelly beans mate I had to carry them with me for a few years
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:59 am

There are cash exchange points at various points at the ground. Up on level 5 of the Riverbank Stand they're in the Lindsay Head Terrace.

There's also signs everywhere on level 5 of the Riverbank Stand advising that all outlets on that level are card only, and that cash exchange points are available.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:13 am

Brucetiki wrote:There are cash exchange points at various points at the ground.  Up on level 5 of the Riverbank Stand they're in the Lindsay Head Terrace.

There's also signs everywhere on level 5 of the Riverbank Stand advising that all outlets on that level are card only, and that cash exchange points are available.

Well why wouldn’t the girl tell me that ? I was already light headed & knew I needed food & something sweet in the next 20 minutes or I was in trouble....why is it a “card only” venue? I can only think it must be because money went missing, anyway I won’t be back there for cricket, 8 hours is too risky health wise for me.....there should be two options, card AND CASH
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:22 am

bayman wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:There are cash exchange points at various points at the ground.  Up on level 5 of the Riverbank Stand they're in the Lindsay Head Terrace.

Well why wouldn’t the girl tell me that ? I was already light headed & knew I needed food & something sweet in the next 20 minutes or I was in trouble....why is it a “card only” venue? I can only think it must be because money went missing, anyway I won’t be back there for cricket, 8 hours is too risky health wise for me.....there should be two options, card AND CASH

I'm with you Bayman. I think its a way for you to buy more there and not realize you have spent all your more til the card statement comes in. I book most of my purchases on card but like to keep it in check so I carry cash to keep budget under control. AO is becoming elitist. Taxpayer paid for it but the corporates get all the benefits. I like the MCG much better. Better outlets, pay cash if you want and MUCH cheaper for products.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Probably saves the SMA on Armorguard type costs and would be considered a quicker way of processing a high volume of sales I would imagine.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Scrunch wrote:Probably saves the SMA on Armorguard type costs and would be considered a quicker way of processing a high volume of sales I would imagine.

Also safer for staff.

Not that you'd expect anyone to rob an outlet, but having a few thousand in each till is a risk. Card only transactions removes this risk.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Probably saves the SMA on Armorguard type costs and would be considered a quicker way of processing a high volume of sales I would imagine.

Also safer for staff.

Not that you'd expect anyone to rob an outlet, but having a few thousand in each till is a risk.  Card only transactions removes this risk.

Totally different but similar I talk to the boss of the cafeteria at the senior college im studying at . She told me end of the day it’s easier to do card sales than cash sales .
So it could be easier for Adelaide oval to use careless system
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:17 pm

yawp wrote:It has been this way for a while now. You can still use cash but must purchase a card .

As I said earlier had the girl told me that then no problems & she could have clarified it as well because I told her I don’t even own a credit card, it cost me $26.00 to go to the cricket & I saw the majority of the womens match & the men’s on tv.....plus I don’t like the concrete jungle it has become
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:20 pm

Appreciate the tip but there is no point in me getting a card to use once or twice a year, for shopping, takeaway or gambling i only need & use cash, if a card is needed for in this case going to the cricket i give my mother the cash & she uses her card to purchase the initial ticket...my quip about the $26.00 you missed, it was because i paid it & ended up watching on tv......i could not possibly stay there another 5 or 6 hours as i knew i needed food & sugar & as Mickyj or any diabetic would tell you that it is very dangerous to ignore the obvious warning signs......by the way i don't want my $26.00 back i just wish they had like most business' cash or card, anyway except for SANFL finals i will not be back as my experience was ruined
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:30 pm

bayman wrote:Appreciate the tip but there is no point in me getting a card to use once or twice a year, for shopping, takeaway or gambling i only need & use cash, if a card is needed for in this case going to the cricket i give my mother the cash & she uses her card to purchase the initial ticket...my quip about the $26.00 you missed, it was because i paid it & ended up watching on tv......i could not possibly stay there another 5 or 6 hours as i knew i needed food & sugar  & as Mickyj or any diabetic would tell you that it is very dangerous to ignore the obvious warning signs......by the way i don't want my $26.00 back i just wish they had like most business' cash or card, anyway except for SANFL finals i will not be back as my experience was ruined

Bayman is correct about the not feeling right he’d need to watch his sugars .
I need to watch mine .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:12 pm

had i KNOWN there is a card only service i would have borrowed one, i had NO KNOWLEDGE & as far as i'm aware there has never been any correspondence letting the public know of the change
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 am

Bayman, you don't appear to have received much sympathy on this forum. the old "customer is always right" has disappeared from our society.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 am

goddy11 wrote:Bayman, you don't appear to have received much sympathy on this forum. the old "customer is always right" has disappeared from our society.

That’s true goddy11
If Bayman had a diabetic turn got injured and sued the SMA all heck would have gone down .
Perhaps Bayman send the sma a letter or email so you’ve got proof that you’ve told them of their staff who don’t care .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:23 am

mickyj wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Bayman, you don't appear to have received much sympathy on this forum. the old "customer is always right" has disappeared from our society.

That’s true goddy11
If Bayman had a diabetic turn got injured and sued the SMA all heck would have gone down .
Perhaps Bayman send the sma a letter or email so you’ve got proof that you’ve told them of their staff who don’t care .

Doubt it mate - The argument would be "if you're dependent on something, why didn't you have it beforehand or bring it with you". The bars operate with a legal method of tender, so they would be safe.

*Not trying to downplay yours or Baymans situation, just commenting on that particular post*
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 am

Sadly, it disappeared a long time ago. More's the pity
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 am

Scrunch wrote:
mickyj wrote:

That’s true goddy11

Doubt it mate - The argument would be "if you're dependent on something, why didn't you have it beforehand or bring it with you". The bars operate with a legal method of tender, so they would be safe.

*Not trying to downplay yours or Baymans situation, just commenting on that particula
r post*
Good reply but as I found out at Adelaide oval you may take plastic bottles in .
Food could be a no no
But what you don’t understand normal or non diabetic people can do what you write .
Diabetic people may be ok 4 to 5 hours between food
You just need one of those days bang your in trouble
When I was really bad I took jelly beans everywhere including to work that didn’t go down well but if you need to keep sugar handy just in case then you do .
I think here if the oval allows food like my subway wrap in no problem
But they have restrictions
Yes they sell food most of which I for health reasons can’t touch

Your other part eat before you go I do I eat breakfast and a banana at morning tea time .
But to go and watch seconds and a league game kind of got to eat I eat subway and nuts . Suburban grounds no issue I can take stuff in
Adelaide oval nope
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:34 am

I wasn’t looking for sympathy, I was just stating what the situation is because it possibly could help others in the future & as I said had I been told you could exchange cash for a stadium card then no problem, I wasn’t told & therefore for health reasons I left, parents who let their diabetic children go to any events there can explain to them they have too exchange money for a card
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm

mickyj wrote:
Good reply but as I found out at Adelaide oval you may take plastic bottles in .
Food could be a no no
But what you don’t understand normal or non diabetic people can do what you write .
Diabetic people may be ok 4 to 5 hours between food
You just need one of those days bang your in trouble
When I was really bad I took jelly beans everywhere including to work that didn’t go down well but if you need to keep sugar handy just in case then you do .
I think here if the oval allows food like my subway wrap in no problem
But they have restrictions
Yes they sell food most of which I for health reasons can’t touch

Your other part eat before you go I do I eat breakfast and a banana at morning tea time .
But to go and watch seconds and a league game kind of got to eat I eat subway and nuts . Suburban grounds no issue I can take stuff in
Adelaide oval nope

You can bring your own food and drink to Adelaide Oval.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next