bayman
kingrooster
Admin
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

North v Panthers at Prospect - Page 2 Empty Re: North v Panthers at Prospect

Post by Ben W Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Made for a good change R&B! It was my daughters birthday party this afternoon, so had to make do with Sturt vs Port on the ABC in the backround!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:59 pm

redandblack wrote:All the best to Ben W and Southee for the Panthers win. cheers

Thanks R&B Smile....long time since we have won out at prospect. It was great to see!!

You could have at least beat the Bays....that would have made my weekend even better Smile
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 pm

In a game marred by whistle happy umpires who brought their own rules to the game, South managed to run away with the game in the last quarter aided by some questionable umpiring decisions. Some have said that North were ill-disciplined, but I think the only ones who lacked discipline were the umpires. Since when is a hip and shoulder shepherd a free for hanging on? North held sway for most of the game, where neither side showed a particularly high skill level. South did not goal in the second quarter until 20 minutes in, and in total, almost half of their goals were from frees, many of which confounded the crowd. Although 3 goals up at 3/4 time, North had enough control to be further in front. North were loose in defence at times, and South bombed the ball long into their 50, and allowed their runners to swoop onto the ball. Ainger kicked 7, about half from frees, on Power recruit Blee, who seemed out of his depth. I'm sure coach Francou will make some changes to his team for next week's game against Glenelg. There were good signs from the reserves. But if I was a South supporter, I wouldn't get too excited - a week is a long time in footy - as they should well know. The Roosters can bounce back next week with a change in mental attitude and not allow the whims of umpiring decisions to get under their skins.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Disagree MP.

The umpires were against us in the 1st 1/4.....all your goals in the 1st 1/4 were from frees.

I agree some of the decisions were questionable but in the 1st half I felt most went your way but your sides lack of discipline caused some frees go our way in the last 1/4.

Sort of evened out in the end.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:51 pm

I don't think we were undisciplined - the umpires picked them out for very soft offences. First quarter - 2 goals apiece from frees. Frees well ahead for South - all coming in the last quarter.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:16 am

A week is indeed a long time in football though - coming off an at home loss to open the season against West, to win the away match at Prospect at a ground we have won few games in recent years is not a bad effort for South. Several players to return for the Panthers in coming weeks as we have a number on our injury list already. Lets hope Mitch Sandery too can make the cut and play this season.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbafet Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:03 am

Listened to the radio broadcast on RPH

All three commentators were completely bemused by some of the umpiring in the last quarter.
They made comment on the hip & shoulder block.
Bobbafet
Bobbafet

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:25 am

The umpiring was poor, but had no effect on the outcome of the game. As for Ainger kicking half his goals from free kicks-- well it was pretty obvious his opponent was outsized but decided to play from behind- a recipe for disaster.Not sure why Francou kept him there to be quite honest.

Anyway glad to see the umpires pay a few free kicks to South forward of centre, the last time we managed that, David Kantilla kicked a goal.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobbafet Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Was thinking the same thing. Blee was obviously getting killed out there but we didn't make a change????
Bobbafet
Bobbafet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:38 pm

From the NAFC website application:

Virtual Runner
Give the virtual runner your message to be delivered to a player or the coach. Keep it short and sweet 'cos he has to remember it. We wouldn't want chinese whispers! If its a good message he will pass it on to everybody right here.

2012 Messages

(MEMBER NAME)
I trust the NAFC will do the right thing by the players, members and supporters and lodge a formal, official complaint to the appropriate Board(s), governing body etc concerning the pathetic display of umpiring at Prospect Oval on our opening game. This time it wasn't only Umpire Dey: all three of them deserve to be reprimanded, censured and relegated to the lower grades until they attain the skill level necessary for League Football. If this display had taken place in a commercial environment, it would be a case for the ACCC.

Administration
No doubt the umpires can quickly change the momentum of a game as we saw on Saturday....We will be discussing the umpiring standard with their coaches this week!

Greg Edwards
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:43 pm

What a bad loss !

Could hurt again at end of year North v Panthers at Prospect - Page 2 1344700888
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:02 pm

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/north-avoids-sanction/story-fn525un5-1226330412723

The SANFL must be the southern branch of North Korea. If the Roosters were not in any breach of the regulations, why did the SANFL feel the need to discuss the matter with North Adelaide?
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2