Southee
Brucetiki
Steady Eddy
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Admission Prices to SANFL - Page 2 Empty Re: Admission Prices to SANFL

Post by Lee Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:23 pm

If you'd like to PM me a question for Darren, I'll forward it to him after the season starts, Chambo, if that's OK.

It might be a busy time there untilthe seasonstarts.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by erik70 Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 am

CRAP - $14 too much , should be $10
erik70
erik70

Teams : NORWOOD ADELAIDE CROWS
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by geppscrossrams Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:50 pm

The season ticket I have for West Adelaide this year clearly states "Admits holder to West Adelaide Football Club League Matches for 2012" "Minor Round only - No SANFL Finals. An upgrade fee may apply to matches preceding an AFL game".
geppscrossrams
geppscrossrams

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Not only that bayman, a thousand less possibilities of buying something from the clubs canteen
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by LavenderScented Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 am

Single game entry tickets are definitely getting a bit steep. It's a little better for me, being able to buy a concession ticket (because I'm on the DSP), but it's still not something I could afford to do every week at that price. Thankfully, I was able to save up and buy a season ticket this year, so now I just need to make sure I have enough money for each game I attend for the sometimes expensive (to me) food and drinks available at any given ground (although I suppose I could always bring my own).
LavenderScented
LavenderScented

Teams : Melbourne Storm, Blue Bulls, Manchester City, Norwood
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

Post by erik70 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:53 pm

An Ad for the friday nite game promoting the port v eagles games
states $14 dollars for adults!!!!
erik70
erik70

Teams : NORWOOD ADELAIDE CROWS

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:34 pm

If I'm right, it cost $8 a game in 2006. So, the price has gone up 75% in 6 years. Please correct me if they are both incorrect statements.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:17 pm

spell_check wrote:If I'm right, it cost $8 a game in 2006. So, the price has gone up 75% in 6 years. Please correct me if they are both incorrect statements.

I'm sure you're right spelly, it wasn't too long ago I returned from Whyalla to watch a game and still payed $8. I left for Whyalla in 2008, so maybe even as recently as 2009 it was still $8? scratch
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:25 pm

It went to $10 in 2007, can't remember when it went to $12 though. Have a feeling it was 2010.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:47 pm

spell_check wrote:It went to $10 in 2007, can't remember when it went to $12 though. Have a feeling it was 2010.

I stand corrected! Very Happy

I don't mean to disrespect our competition, but surely, you shouldn't be paying anything more than $10 for a state-based league (anywhere in the country, whatever sport!).
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:13 pm

countrycousin wrote:
MightyEagles wrote:It's pushing it a little, but it's better to buy a membership with a season ticket which makes it cheeper per game.
I agree completely. In fact I logged on to spread the same message. Remember that when you buy a season ticket through your own club, all the money goes directly to your club. Plus memberships at all SANFL clubs are pretty good value for money and the more members the stronger the clubs and the stronger the competition. I'm certainly urging all Sturt supporters to get on board.
Seeing the topic is still alive, I'll bump this post and add the following excerpt from an email sent today by the Sturt FC.
QUOTE:
"If you have not purchased a season or home match ticket, there is still time. A Sturt home match or season ticket is the most economical way to watch SANFL footy and all the proceeds go to Sturt. The cost of "walk up" entry in 2012 will be, $14 (Full) $8 (Conc).

A home match ticket is just $67 (full) or $37 (conc) for all 10 games at Unley.

A season ticket is just $112 (full) or $62 (conc) for all home and away games.

As you can see, buy your ticket from us and you get into the footy for half price."

I can only emphasize that if you go to the footy regularly, call your own club and buy your tickets from them. So far as I know it's the same deal from them all. It's the Unley (Oops sorry -Freudian slip Laughing ) only way to go. Wink
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:29 pm

*BUMP*
Sabre wrote:
bayman wrote:Sabre,
i use my season ticket pass on the weekends Glenelg have the bye, (been doing that for numerous years) i got chatted once & refused entry at the ANZAC day clash last year when a female security official said ''you can't use this ticket as they aren't playing' i pleaded the case that fell on deaf ears, i then went to the other gate, had the ticket 'clicked' & walked in........................i have heard Darren Chandler say on the radio that the league is happy for people using such tickets at neutral games, which is obviously common sense
Shocked
Thanks for that info ‘bayman’. Now I’m REALLY P!SSED OFF !
A few years ago I too used my Norwood Season Ticket to get into other grounds during a bye, but last year
I was told by a number of officious league redcoats that my Season Ticket was only good for Norwood games.
I don’t blame the staff, it’s those at the top who are responsible for disseminating the correct information to the troops.

What the hell is going on at West Lakes ?

It would seem that the current mob are turning incompetence into an art form !

What are the chances of me being reimbursed for the full gate prices I had to pay last year ???
Evil or Very Mad
I have just rung league headquarters for a definitive ruling on season pass validity for entry to games during your team’s bye weeks. The staff member who took my call is trying to help, but it appears that no strict ruling applies. No wonder you get so much confusion at the gates, those in charge aren’t telling their staff about policy because, it seems, they haven’t made up their own minds yet. Therefore some SANFL staff will allow entry, some won’t. What a circus ‘eh ?
The lady I spoke to is trying to get a ruling from the stadium manager at the moment.
This should be good.
Wink
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:01 pm

OK, here’s the latest.
Firstly, I’d like to thank the SANFL Stadium Manager for phoning back before the end of office hours today. Although no explanation was forthcoming as to why some league staff allow 'bye entry' to patrons with season passes and some don’t, the official position as I now understand it, is that Season Tickets bought from your club were only ever meant for matches involving your club. That is, you should NOT use your ‘so-called’ Season Ticket to attend games when your club has a bye.

Due to the confusion over this perceived 'grey area', the Stadium Manager then told me that this situation and a definitive policy will be discussed at their next league meeting. So it will be up to the clubs to decide whether Season Tickets will be honoured across the board for bye round use. Hopefully we and all SANFL staff will then be informed.

I pointed out that quite a few people want to attend a match every week, that’s precisely why we buy a ‘so-called’ Season Ticket.
I also suggested that she tell the league delegates that we bye patrons also pay damned good money on budgets, drinks, food, pokies and raffles at neutral club venues, so having already purchased a 23 fixture Season Ticket, why on earth should we effectively have to ‘pay twice’ for entry ?

Although I’m not happy that this confusion has occurred and gone on so long, on the plus side, at least I have been offered a free ticket to the match of my choice this weekend for bringing this problem to the league’s attention. Maybe the squeaky wheel does get oiled.
Wink
Nevertheless, here’s hoping that common sense prevails and those of us who financially support the SANFL competition EVERY week, by paying ‘up front’ EVERY year for what’s called a ‘Season Ticket’, will finally get what we’re paying for.

Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Is it just West Adelaide's or does every clubs season tickets only have 23 rounds on them. There is 24 rounds this year so I hope they will be honoured for that round.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:42 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Is it just West Adelaide's or does every clubs season tickets only have 23 rounds on them. There is 24 rounds this year so I hope they will be honoured for that round.

Same with Centrals. Hopefully common sense prevails for round 24

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:59 am

scratch
Sorry 'Millsy', I just don't get what you're saying mate ?
Sabre
Sabre

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:50 pm

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but if the money gained from season tickets only goes to your club (as they continuously advertise), why should you be able to gain entry into other grounds when your team is not playing? scratch

If I bought a West season ticket, I'd only be expecting to go to West games home & away, not any other clubs. I guess I'm just surprised that you could do that and go to other games, I'm not against it in anyway, as I feel SANFL needs all the people it can get.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next