eartotheground
Lee
6 posters

Go down

New SANFL CEO Empty New SANFL CEO

Post by Lee Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 am

Friday August 8, 2014

MEDIA ALERT: SANFL ANNOUNCES NEW CEO

The South Australian National Football League will today announce its new Chief Executive Officer.

The new appointee succeeds Leigh Whicker, who retires from the SANFL later this year.

Media are invited to attend the Adelaide Oval today for a short press conference.

WHAT: Announcement of new SANFL CEO
WHERE: Adelaide Oval, enter through southern gates
WHEN: 10.45am TODAY: Friday 8th August
WHO: SA Football Commission Chairman John Olsen, Executive Commissioner Leigh Whicker and new CEO

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

New SANFL CEO Empty Re: New SANFL CEO

Post by eartotheground Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:57 am

The appointment will surprise a few.
eartotheground
eartotheground

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:17 am

SANFL News
08 AUG 2014
SANFL ANNOUNCES NEW CEO
The SANFL is pleased to announce that Jake Parkinson has been appointed as the next Chief Executive Officer of the organisation.

He succeeds Leigh Whicker, who retires from the SANFL later this year.

Mr Parkinson has considerable commercial and leadership experience, having held a variety of senior roles with Lion over the past 12½ years.

He is currently the Regional Director SA/NT for Lion, where he has overseen a sustained period of growth.

SA Commission Chairman John Olsen said Mr Parkinson would “usher in a new era for the SANFL.”

“Over the past 12 months, the SANFL has successfully tackled some of the biggest challenges in the history of football in South Australia,” Mr Olsen said.

“This has included the transfer of the AFL licences to the Adelaide and Port Adelaide football clubs, expanding the SANFL competition to include teams from the Crows and Power, securing the financial uplift for the AFL clubs through the move to the Adelaide Oval and, with cricket, helping set the stage for future prosperity at what is now regarded as one of the best stadiums in Australia,” he said.

“All of this has now positioned the SANFL on the verge of a new and exciting future as we seek to consolidate our track record as the best in Australia for game development and build on the 100,000 who participate in our game every week.

“Jake’s passion and vision for the future of this organisation was outstanding and we are delighted to have secured such as well-regarded leader.

“Furthermore, while our highly regarded Chief Operating Officer John Lyons did not apply directly for the position, we are pleased that John will continue in his exemplary manner as our COO in support of Jake.”

Mr Parkinson will start in his new role in mid-October.

“I believe the SANFL is an outstanding organisation with an aspirational brand as a centre of excellence for football on the national stage,” he said.

“My vision is that every time we engage with someone – whether it be with a parent at kids’ footy, a volunteer in the community or a player at the elite level – they see an organisation with its heart in football in South Australia. I think we have a very exciting future.

“I am also thrilled that I will be surrounded by people of the quality of John Lyons whose experience will be invaluable to me over the coming years.”
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:21 am

Good luck to him............he may need all of it.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:12 pm

"Growth" - for the West End and other associated brands in SANT - that is some type of joke right?  New SANFL CEO 506203483 
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by sanflman Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Who is John Lyons and why does he feature so prominently in the release for the CEO position if he didn't even apply?
sanflman
sanflman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum