mark beswick
Scrunch
EyeOfTheTiger
bayman
12 posters

Go down

admission prices  Empty admission prices

Post by bayman Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:33 pm

i ran into a person lets say close to the SANFL & i quizzed this person about the price of admission of $14.00 to start with & said this is too much & a big reason why a lot of people don't go anymore & added that i know about 16 that don't go anymore & just watch it on tv every now & then

i then asked why has the adult entrance fee gone from what was a few years ago $8.00 to $14.00 which isn't even doubled yet the concession card holder has gone from $2.00 up to $8.00 in the same time which is 400% more, the answer was ''because as the years go by the football paying populatuion for SANFL footy is getting older & there will be more with than without concession cards''

these clowns have no idea about the real world, i know when i end up finishing in the workforce i wont be able to go to the 2,3 or 4 games anymore at these prices that obviously be higher by then, hell to save money i even  use candles when i can now
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

admission prices  Empty Re: admission prices

Post by EyeOfTheTiger Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:53 pm

I bet the clowns who make these decisions aren't paying to watch Glenelg games week like us. Its been a long season  Laughing 

Re your comments about using candles I would have thought you would have made enough to retire backing against Glenelg at the line although last week was a little close for comfort.
EyeOfTheTiger
EyeOfTheTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Presented you with a beautiful segue to ask what the SANFL are doing to attract the younger generation of supporters and members so that the non-concession retain the majority attendance rate.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:34 pm

In know west and centrals voted for $10 but an eastern club wanted to stay with $14
mark beswick
mark beswick

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Admission prices are bad enough but on a wet night some people would like to get out of the rain.

One club is charging $5.00 to enter the grandstand, this is a cost on top of the entry charge.  Mad  Mad 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Unless you are a crows ticket holder - There admission is Zilch
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:33 pm

Scrunch wrote:Presented you with a beautiful segue to ask what the SANFL are doing to attract the younger generation of supporters and members so that the non-concession retain the majority attendance rate.

good call that scrunch, however i wasn't quick enough to think of that
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:00 am

bayman wrote:
Scrunch wrote:Presented you with a beautiful segue to ask what the SANFL are doing to attract the younger generation of supporters and members so that the non-concession retain the majority attendance rate.

good call that scrunch, however i wasn't quick enough to think of that

I have zero confidence in the SANFL giving you an honest or satisfactory answer anyway mate
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:04 pm

testy wrote:
Admission prices are bad enough but on a wet night some people would like to get out of the rain.

One club is charging $5.00 to enter the grandstand, this is a cost on top of the entry charge.  Mad  Mad 

Several clubs now charge $5 for the Grandstand - from the top of my head Glenelg, West, Port and Sturt all charge $5. When the Eagles used to have public tickets for the Green Stand, they charged $5 for that stand too (but they also have the Jarman Stand for $3)

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:46 am

testy wrote:

An extra 1000 in the stands would offset the fence ...
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:56 am

Excellent introductory post

The Jimmy Barnes working class 
$8 to $14
That's a steep increase , but the average worker should still be able to afford this

Pensioners/concession card holders
$2 to $8
This is way way too steep in the same short period of time

To offset costs , if a regular patron , you should buy a Members pass form your clubs ?
My Norwood pass gets me into all Norwood games and works out cheap

$14 to see your own team is still reasonable
But to see neutral games , involving 2 other teams it seems to be too much
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:33 pm

wolves wrote:Unless you are a crows ticket holder - There admission is Zilch

Not correct. I pay nearly $300 for my yearly membership.

On the subject, I do think admission is over priced. $10 for sure. $12 at a stretch. $14 is too much.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 pm

With the dwindling SANFL crowds, clubs on their knees all over town, the SANFL/AFL two AFL clubs fighting for every $ from Adelaide Oval.....the SANFL simply can't afford to give up any revenue stream it currently has.

$4 in the grand scheme of things really is pretty insignificant.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Booney wrote:With the dwindling SANFL crowds, clubs on their knees all over town, the SANFL/AFL two AFL clubs fighting for every $ from Adelaide Oval.....the SANFL simply can't afford to give up any revenue stream it currently has.

$4 in the grand scheme of things really is pretty insignificant.

Surely 2000 people @ $10 a head is better than 1500 people @ $14 though.

I've always thought the more people you get through the gates, the more money you can potentially make out of the peripherals like catering, drinks, merch and the like.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Ok here comes a rant,

I think a lot of the blame for this has to fall to some of the SANFL clubs themselves.

The fact is that things have changed and clubs themselves have to both take the initiative to promote their games and to look for ways to market their matches to the wider public and SANFL supporters in general to make people want to go to matches.

Not one SANFL side could be bothered this season to take the game to their zone and host a country match. Done with the right marketing and investment into the zone, those often do pretty well in terms of a decent gate.

Yet again, not one SANFL club could be bothered to put on a Heritage Match, much less have a legends game as a curtain raiser.

There are more examples but two will do for now, the point that I am driving at is that it appears that the attitude of clubs is that they expect a further funds from the Crows – Power and its job done to keep the club going for the next 12 months.

I am happy to pay $14 to go to an SANFL match, yet how about giving us what we want to see, not just the same lukewarm porridge every week?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:11 pm

Here's an answer to your "rant" Ben W from a West Adelaide member's perspective.

Since 2007 the WAFC has played in the country 3 times.

The first was at Berri against Central's, the second was played at Waikerie against Sturt and the 3rd game was played at Murray Bridge against Sturt as well. I can assure you all 3 games were heavily promoted by the clubs involved with the result being no more crowds attending these games than if they were played in the city.
Only about 1500 spectators attended each game and for memory it was less at the Murray Bridge game.
The first 2 games were home games for the Bloods and the 3rd game was a home game for Sturt.
Revenue was lost through bar/kiosk takings as well as travel arrangements for players.
The only winners revenue wise was the host clubs. (Berri, Waikerie and Murray Bridge)
Not being bothered is not the reason for us I can assure you.

I forgot to mention the in 2006 we (The Bloods) played The Panthers at Victor Harbor and once again no great crowd turned up to watch. So, I think we have done our bit.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:05 am

VFL admission prices 2014...

admission prices  Captur16
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:35 am

Ben W wrote:Ok here comes a rant,

I think a lot of the blame for this has to fall to some of the SANFL clubs themselves.

The fact is that things have changed and clubs themselves have to both take the initiative to promote their games and to look for ways to market their matches to the wider public and SANFL supporters in general to make people want to go to matches.

Not one SANFL side could be bothered this season to take the game to their zone and host a country match. Done with the right marketing and investment into the zone, those often do pretty well in terms of a decent gate.

Yet again, not one SANFL club could be bothered to put on a Heritage Match, much less have a legends game as a curtain raiser.

There are more examples but two will do for now, the point that I am driving at is that it appears that the attitude of clubs is that they expect a further funds from the Crows – Power and its job done to keep the club going for the next 12 months.

I am happy to pay $14 to go  to an SANFL match, yet how about giving us what we want to see, not just the same lukewarm porridge every week?

So Benny boy, what is it that you want to see other than the match?

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:48 pm

firstblood wrote:VFL admission prices 2014...

admission prices  Captur16

Those prices seem pretty affordable, childrens full price should start once over 16.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum