Paul
UncleHuey
Ben W
bayman
Southee
Brucetiki
11 posters

Go down

Round 8: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 31 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 8: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 31 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 25, 2015 7:39 pm

The Eagles had a strong win over North, while Sturt had to fight all the way to claim the victory over Centrals. Which side will continue their winning form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 31 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 8: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 31 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Southee Mon May 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Eagles way too good for the Double Blues.

Eagles by 5 goals.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 8: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 31 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 8: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 31 May @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 25, 2015 10:33 pm

home ground sways me to say the Eagles, yet the bigger ground could suit Sturts' pace, in another nail biter wwt by 7 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue May 26, 2015 10:17 am

I think this will be the match of the round, Eagles are in great form and Sturt are improving week by week. Sturt by 2pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue May 26, 2015 12:58 pm

This should be a great game, both teams in good form.
Eagles at home by 5 pts
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed May 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Eagles by 31
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 28, 2015 5:57 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has been strengthened by the return of star pair Jared Petrenko and Michael Wundke for Sunday’s clash with Sturt at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval.
As the Eagles look to celebrate their 25th year in the SANFL, Petrenko (hamstring) and Wundke (calf) have overcome their injuries to be named on the extended interchange bench.
Key defender Jake Von Bertouch has also been named on the pine after having his strong form in the Reserves recognised.
Improving midfielder Tom Schwarz (hamstring) is the only certain omission at this stage with two more players to be trimmed before the bounce.

League
F: C. Hall, Ainger, McGregor
HF: Lewis, Dunstan, Poole
C: Allmond, Boyd, Jarrad
HB: Goldsworthy, Raikiwasa, Martyn
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, N. Hayes, Rowntree
INT: Batley, Thurlow, Petrenko, Von Bertouch, Wundke
IN: Petrenko, Wundke, Von Bertouch
OUT: Schwarz (hamstring)

Reserves
F: Woods, Firns, Press
HF: Haylock, J. Hayes, Minney
C: Gaffney, Elsworthy, Sinor
HB: Enright, Summerton, Ellis
B: Lloyd, Heinjus, Templeton

R: Mullins, Rowland, Appleton
INT: Westbrook, M. Raymond, L. Hall, Blumson
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Thu May 28, 2015 6:55 pm

Should be a cracker, Eagles in a close one
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu May 28, 2015 7:17 pm

I like to Sturt to finish this season strongly, but can't go past the Eagles at this stage, they have ticked every box and should win by 5 goals
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu May 28, 2015 8:09 pm

Sturt have won the last three at Woodville, and 6 of the past 8; they have done well lately.  As opposed to the 18 matches before that; Sturt won just one of them.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu May 28, 2015 9:03 pm

spell_check wrote:Sturt have won the last three at Woodville, and 6 of the past 8; they have done well lately.  As opposed to the 18 matches before that; Sturt won just one of them.
Just out of interest Spelly, how does the Eagles record at Unley stack up?
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu May 28, 2015 9:44 pm

Scrunch wrote:
spell_check wrote:Sturt have won the last three at Woodville, and 6 of the past 8; they have done well lately.  As opposed to the 18 matches before that; Sturt won just one of them.
Just out of interest Spelly, how does the Eagles record at Unley stack up?

12-6; won last 6 and 10 out of last 12.  Interestingly Sturt have only scored 100 points or more in just three of the 18 Unley matches; two of them were losing scores.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun May 31, 2015 9:04 pm

4-2 Wundke
3-8 Sturt

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:46 pm

If you were there, you didn't miss a whole lot.

The 6.7 (43) is the Eagles lowest winning score; 7.10 (52) against West in the last round of 2012 was the previous record
3.8 (26) is Sturts lowest score against Eagles, previous was 4.8 (32) in Round 12 2004
Sturts 2nd lowest score at Woodville (lowest is 2.9 (21) against Woodville in Round 15 1989). Previous lowest against Eagles at Woodville is 4.9 (33); Round 22 1994
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down