Paul
UncleHuey
howthewestwaswon
countrycousin
bayman
Brucetiki
15 posters

Go down

Round 11: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 22 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 11: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 22 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Eagles v Sturt

Sunday 22 June
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Eagles 15.11.101 lost to Port 18.16.124 @ Alberton Oval
Sturt 8.6.54 lost to Norwood 11.9.75 @ Envestra Park

Last Time They Met
Eagles 17.11.113 d Sturt 15.17.107 @ Envestra Park

Ladder Position
Eagles 3rd 7-3 51.63%
Sturt 2nd 7-3 56.86%

This is looking like a good contest between 'the best of the rest'. Who will come out clear in 2nd place?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 22 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 11: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 22 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:04 pm

i hope to get to this match, it will depend on what time junior footy is on, i'll suggest after a hard game against Port, the Eagles will get over run by Sturt after a tight tussle for three quarters & lose by about 4 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 22 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 11: Eagles v Sturt - Sunday 22 June @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by countrycousin Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:21 pm

Sturt received a timely reality check from Norwood on Sunday. Soundly beaten in the league and trounced in the reserves. By a team that was below us in both grades. How the players react to that will determine, not only how we fare against the Eagles this week, but whether we can keep our season on track. A big test for the club. Win this one and we're credible. Lose it and with Port to follow, the doubts start to creep in. I'll always keep the faith of course, but it will be really tough.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:48 am

Eagles by 1-2 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Tough call this one. Eagles were woeful against Adelaide but competitive against Port. Sturt surprisingly lost to Norwood. I think the Eagles can win this at home by a couple of goals.
A third loss in a row would be a concern for them.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:39 pm

Eagles by 35
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Eagles to win at home. I think Sturt are a bit better, but conditions might favour the Eagles.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:06 pm

sapaul wrote:Eagles by 35
I'd be more than a little concerned if we can't do better than that. We really need to get back to the strong team efforts that were evident earlier in the year. Too many left the hard work to too few against Norwood.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:45 am

We've always struggled since they merged. Just winning the odd game.

17 out of about 70 I think it is.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 pm

League
F: Grocke, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Lewis, Ainger, Poole
C: Hall, Kane, J. Sinor
HB: P. Raymond, Jarrad, Batley
B: Sumner, Killian, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Boyd, Powell
INT: Goldsworthy, T. Schwarz, von Bertouch, Allmond
IN: Allmond

Reserves
F: Lodge, T. Fitzgerald, Press
HF: M. Raymond, T. Whittlesea, A. Dunstan
C: G. Ellis, Appleton, Martyn
HB: Lloyd, Templeton, Lane
B: Summerton, Mackenzie, Muirhead

R: Muller, Rowland, Blesing
INT: Mullins, Smart

Under-18
J. Schwarz, Baqeri, Wallent, Haylock, Michalanney, Nicholas, Elfenbein, Enright, Gaffney, Westbrook, M. Schwarz, Blumson, E. Dunstan, J. Heinjus, Smith, Gameau, Woods, Minney, Manners, Seccafien, MacKinnon, Holman, Thunig, Turner, Bottin.
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 pm

I think the Eagles will get up in a close one.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:46 pm

EAGLES 45PTS
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:05 pm

bayman wrote:i hope to get to this match, it will depend on what time junior footy is on, i'll suggest after a hard game against Port, the Eagles will get over run by Sturt after a tight tussle for three quarters & lose by about 4 goals

almost right
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:13 pm

What happened?? I got on a plane in London and the Eags looked to be cruising. I land in Prague and just remembered to check the result and we've been thrashed??
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:55 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:What happened?? I got on a plane in London and the Eags looked to be cruising. I land in Prague and just remembered to check the result and we've been thrashed??

had the use of a very strong breeze & used it well, from about 10 minutes into the third you could see the Sturt players were running & the Eagle players were struggling to keep up & they got completely over run in the last term, i think last weeks very hard match took its toll as the Eagles look like a side with heavy legs after half time, that or they're already doing the extra training in readiness for the finals

ps, i hope your having a great time on your holiday, should be seeing you won it  Cool Cool 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:11 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:What happened?? I got on a plane in London and the Eags looked to be cruising. I land in Prague and just remembered to check the result and we've been thrashed??
wish I had been in prague
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:39 pm

bayman wrote:

ps, i hope your having a great time on your holiday

Having a great time Bayman. Have seen plenty of racing while away but struggling on the punt. No racing this week - just sight seeing and home by the weekend. Glad I've been away- footy results have not gone as I'd hoped.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Terrible second half from the Eagles, mate...

Couldn't get their hands on the footy and the Double Blues played some irresistible footy...

That 3rd term, kicking against the breeze, was great from Sturt. Even more so considering they failed to kick a goal against the gale in the 1st term...

The Eagles kicked 2.2 after half time and allowed Sturt to nail home 11.7 and that is where the game was won and lost...

Super impressive performance from the Double Blues...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:50 pm

I gather Seamus was VERY unhappy at 1/4 time and gave the boys a big spray. Something out of character for him. I think he recognizes that the talent is there, but sometimes the commitment lapses. Our best is good enough to beat anyone. The second half revival was very pleasing. But it has to be 4 quarters of the best each week from here. Otherwise we'll be left lamenting what might have been.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 pm

Sturt have been ultra impressive this year, slmewhat unexpected.

cc, what do you think, apart from a few recruits. Has made the differeence?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Andrew Aingers high flying mark in the last quarter ranks as one of the best I've ever seen

RB
One big difference Ive noticed this season is Sturt are harder at at it
They have always had skillful teams over the years , but this current team play tough hard footy as well as brilliant footy
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:23 pm

redandblack wrote:Sturt have been ultra impressive this year, slmewhat unexpected.

cc, what do you think, apart from a few recruits. Has made the differeence?
I think it's a combination of factors. There's no doubt we chose well in picking up Kirkwood and Beard from Port. (Also Watt is starting to show he's a better player than I thought he was) Tambling as a full time member of the club has been great to have around. Many of us at the club felt that the large number of AFL players coming and going had become destabilizing, and now that we've been able to settle in young (20 - 22 year old) players like Greenslade, Calabrese, Page, Crocker, Krause, Hansen, Harms. They are starting to reward us with more consistency in their games. Also we've had the coaching panel of Moloney, Atkinson and Jarvis (ex West Adelaide of course  Wink ) together for 3 years and we're getting a consistent game plan, with coaches and players knowing what to expect from week to week. I'm a great believer in the need for stability in football clubs (Any organization for that matter). And at Sturt we endured a long period without it. The important thing for us now is to maintain it. Interestingly many people thought we'd suffer from the loss of the dozen or so AFL players gone from our list. But if anything, it's proved to be beneficial.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:02 pm

We have a lot more kicks than handballs + a lot more marks per game = More direct and work harder.

The Port recruits have been fantastic and consistent with it.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:54 pm

Sturt reminding me in some respect of their 2002 season
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:15 pm

Very good by the Blues, they are looking impressive all over the park and have a nice balance to their team. I thought they would struggle with the loss of the AFL players but a lot of their "second tier" players have stepped up and are playing consistent footy.

Where are the Eagles at? Three weeks ago they were cruising yet they have had 3 losses in a row, 2 by quite big margins. Are they a fair weather team who will come good in September or have they run their race already?
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down