Aceman
Scrunch
UncleHuey
BloodnTars
blueandwhite
Paul
13 posters

Go down

Round 6: Centrals v South - Saturday 9 May @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 6: Centrals v South - Saturday 9 May @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 04, 2015 7:12 pm

Centrals are coming off a disappointing loss to West while South eventually overcame Adelaide (after some...err...technical difficulties). Will South continue their brilliant start to the year or will Centrals string together four good quarter of football and cause an upset of sorts.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Centrals v South - Saturday 9 May @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Centrals v South - Saturday 9 May @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Southee Mon May 04, 2015 9:58 pm

Hard one to pick. I find South play better on smaller grounds.

Still feel we can get over the Dogs with our fitness to run out games and we also have been good this year at shutting down games at the end.

Dogs may surprise but think South by 3 goals.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Centrals v South - Saturday 9 May @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Centrals v South - Saturday 9 May @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 04, 2015 10:20 pm

Southee wrote:Hard one to pick.  I find South play better on smaller grounds.  

Still feel we can get over the Dogs with our fitness to run out games and we also have been good this year at shutting down games at the end.

interesting comment considering two of Souths wins have been on their spacious home deck, one at Prospect (not small but not huge either) & one at the bay (small), will see how this develops over the season, as for the game, i think South will win comfortably, they are a good side & have the best tactical coach in the league, South by 5 or 6 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon May 04, 2015 10:42 pm

bayman wrote:
Southee wrote:Hard one to pick.  I find South play better on smaller grounds.  

interesting comment considering two of Souths wins have been on their spacious home deck, one at Prospect (not small but not huge either) & one at the bay (small), will see how this develops over the season, as for the game, i think South will win comfortably, they are a good side & have the best tactical coach in the league, South by 5 or 6 goals

Yeah just think the huge ground at Elizabeth has not been kind to us over the years. Agree about our coach. (great bloke too!) Very Happy
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed May 06, 2015 8:15 am

Centreal by 11
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed May 06, 2015 3:25 pm

Panthers by 22 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed May 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Tough one to pick. Saw Centrals first hand last week and they were poor. Reckon they wont play the same again this week. South have been ok without dominating sides.

Will be very close. Maybe South by less than a kick
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu May 07, 2015 9:58 am

I am not keen to pick against Central at the Ponderosa, but on recent form for both I will go South Adelaide by 7pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu May 07, 2015 12:56 pm

South are looking good at present - I see a 20 point win
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri May 08, 2015 10:12 am

Having not seen either side play with my own two eyes there's a bit of guesswork involved. But as the Dogs rarely lose 3 on the trot at home, and with the wet weather forecast and some good inclusions I'll tip them to just get home in a scrap by about 8 points.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri May 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Dogs are an average side, South should win comfortably, 4-5 goals
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat May 09, 2015 4:38 pm

A scrappy, gritty, gutsy game played by both sides. The margin was tight all day, helped by Centrals outstanding kicking for goal, and a draw is actually a fitting result for today's game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat May 09, 2015 5:25 pm

Interesting opening 2 words in the Brucetiki summary

Interesting interpretations of holding the ball in the last quarter
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat May 09, 2015 8:50 pm

Central District 8.1 (49)
draw
South 7.7 (49)

Both sides had their chances to win this one in a scrappy affair, disappointed that South could not manage to get over the line when it counted.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat May 09, 2015 9:05 pm

2nd ever draw between the two sides - the other was in 1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat May 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Lucky to come away with the draw.

Thought centrals really took it up to us today when I think our mindset was it was going to be a walk in the park.

Hard to pick a good player today Gotch , Rose and Crabb my best. Eddy 4 goals but needs help ! Can't just rely on him.

Many players went missing today and a few did not step up to the challenge when the heat was turned up. Many just coasted along !

Can not put this effort in against Legs this Friday night or it could really get ugly.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat May 09, 2015 11:59 pm

South just doesn't win at Elizabeth !!!!

2 draws in 3 weeks Shocked
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Mon May 11, 2015 4:23 pm

bayman wrote:South just doesn't win at Elizabeth !!!!
Did early last year.  Two years in a row they haven't lost out here, so it's a contrast to the previous decade and a bit.

Currently sharing the Integrity.  Very Happy
StrayDog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 11, 2015 10:05 pm

StrayDog wrote:
bayman wrote:South just doesn't win at Elizabeth !!!!
Did early last year.  Two years in a row they haven't lost out here, so it's a contrast to the previous decade and a bit.

Currently sharing the Integrity.  Very Happy

ok, i'll rephrase it....South just doesn't win at Elizabeth very often Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue May 12, 2015 9:36 pm

1,342 is the lowest ever attendance at Elizabeth Oval according to my records
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down