+5
Wongdo
Paul
BloodnTars
howthewestwaswon
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 6: Centrals v North - Saturday 10 May @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Round 6: Centrals v North - Saturday 10 May @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Centrals v North

Saturday 10 May
Playford Alive Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Centrals 4.10.34 lost to West 15.8.98 @ City Mazda Stadium
North 7.6.48 lost to Sturt 16.13.109 @ Prospect Oval

Last Time They Met
North 20.16.136 d Centrals 10.14.74 @ AAMI Stadium

Ladder Position
Centrals 9th 1-4 42.27%
North 5th 3-2 49.30%

Both sides are coming off beltings. Which side will bounce back and win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Centrals v North - Saturday 10 May @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Centrals v North - Saturday 10 May @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 05, 2014 9:23 pm

You'd like to think Central at home but I don't think their form is good enough to get the chocolates.

North by 1-2 goals in a thriller.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 6: Centrals v North - Saturday 10 May @ Playford Alive Oval Empty Re: Round 6: Centrals v North - Saturday 10 May @ Playford Alive Oval

Post by BloodnTars Mon May 05, 2014 10:01 pm

Hard to pick. Both teams were ordinary last week but Centrals are hard to beat at home.

Having said that, North just.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu May 08, 2014 4:25 pm

North by 37
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Thu May 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Looks like Laird has made a real statement with his team selection after last weeks loss to Westies. Waldhuter in, no Out's. Things must be really desperate in doggies land if there's nothing in the reserves.

North by 60pts
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu May 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Wongdo wrote:Looks like Laird has made a real statement with his team selection after last weeks loss to Westies. Waldhuter in, no Out's. Things must be really desperate in doggies land if there's nothing in the reserves.

North by 60pts

Likely that Edmead will drop out for Waldhuter, Wondgo, so that is at least one out...

Big call on the margin, I reckon. Dogs will be breathing fire after last week and I think they'll get up...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Thu May 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Lol, i really hope you're right Big Phil but then I thought the doggies would've come out firing after the Crows loss and then the South loss. Waldhuter has played how many games this year? Centrals were humiliated by Westies and if you're right a 5 gamer in Edmead is dropped? Centrals average what, 9 goals a game? Yup the penalties for **** poor performances at the dogs is severe isn't it, lol! If you're a Laird favorite you're in, if not, well you join Nash and Co. out of the Ponderosa.
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri May 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Tough game, 2 not performing teams. Even though the game is at "Alice Springs South" I'll go for North by 10 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 09, 2014 6:58 pm

I think The Dogs will bounce back against a disappointing North
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 09, 2014 10:31 pm

both teams coming off beltings, i think North will have too much leg speed for Central & win comfortably by about 5 goals, more if it happens to be dry
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sat May 10, 2014 5:35 pm

That game was something special from the young Central District side.

When North kicked the first two goals in the opening 3 minutes, it looked like another big loss was looming. They responded with 4 of the next 5 goals to take a 5 point lead into quarter time, a lead they would hold onto until 4 and a half minutes into the last quarter. When North took that lead, they had it out to a game high 17 points 14 and a half minutes into the last quarter, and it looked like another last quarter capitulation from Centrals was looming.

The last 14 minutes of the game showed the guts, determination and never say die attitude attributed to Dogs sides of the past as they fought back into the game, and retook the lead at the 23 and a half minute mark of the last quarter, as the home crowd went delirious in excitement.

North had one last go, and had the ball inside their 50 followed by a kick dribbling towards their goal. A desperate Cameron Milne clears the ball to Luke Barmby, and the Dogs clear the defensive 50 and slow the game down beautifully for the last 2 minutes before Mabon gets a free and goal to guarantee the win for Centrals, adding further joy to the loyal home crowd.

All up, while Centrals lead for most of the day, it was a tight game with an incredibly exciting finish, and a great win for the Dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 11, 2014 12:05 am

well what an interesting day, firstly on my way to the ground i listen to our friends on 5rph questioning whether Roy Laird was the right man for the job, is he still using game plans of 10 years ago when football has evolved etc , unbelievable what ever you blokes are on can you get me a pound of it please, firstly to have a say on that, i think Roy hung around to help build up another team for a tilt of a premiership in a season or so rather than leave the club in the lurch with a very inexperienced team, do the hard work & not rest on his laurels......................as for the match well North had space used it well & got off to a flyer & it looked like a long day for Central, however the coach Laird made the move to have Central make the contest in close & have every ball a contest thus giving North not much space to run & carry, this worked well for the majority of the day until just on 'lemon time' as Central seem to tire, into the last & North were running all over Central as they looked shot & raced to a 17 point lead & then North self destructed with undisciplined efforts & gifting the match back to Central...........confidence is one thing in a crowd but when you've been behind most of the day & hit the lead by 5 points & yell out ''bury 'em'' sorry but that is the wrong time to say that in a footy match
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun May 11, 2014 2:39 pm

Match report of this game from the Centrals website

http://www.cdfc.com.au/2012-round-15-centrals-vs-norwood/2014-round-6-centrals-vs-north-adelaide/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down