bayman
Country Cock !
Southee
Paul
Ben W
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 3: Port v North - Saturday 18 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 3: Port v North - Saturday 18 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Port sent a strong message to the league with a big win over South, while North came from behind to knock off the Crows. Which side will continue their winning form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Port v North - Saturday 18 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Port v North - Saturday 18 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:31 pm

Port by well over 50 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Port v North - Saturday 18 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Port v North - Saturday 18 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Think home ground advantage will be a factor here, Port Adelaide by 62pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Port by 106
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:02 pm

Port by 80 points.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Country Cock ! Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:25 pm

Hope our good record at Alby continues, the best in the league over the last decade or so, but I doubt it, surely something wrong if we knock them of, but ya never know Round 3: Port v North - Saturday 18 April @ Alberton Oval 3349184707
Country Cock !
Country Cock !

Teams : The Cocks !
My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:04 pm

Country Cock ! wrote:Hope our good record at Alby continues, the best in the league over the last decade or so, but I doubt it, surely something wrong if we knock them of, but ya never know Round 3: Port v North - Saturday 18 April @ Alberton Oval 3349184707

sadly the make up of the Port team you've described as ''over the last decade or so'' has ceased to exist
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:33 pm

North's side looks pretty good and Port have lost a couple of good players, but they still have too much AFL and 'top-up' ability for North.

Port, but not by much.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:11 am

Interesting isn't it, that a team of full-time professional players sourced from all over the country can easily defeat a team of part-time footballers. Sorry, I mean it's not interesting is it.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:21 am

So Port won it by 37pts perhaps not quite the thrashing that most of us tipped. More top up players and the margin retreats somewhat.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Andrew Moore sent direct to the tribunal for contact with an umpire

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-04-20/moore-to-face-tribunal
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Big Phil wrote:Andrew Moore sent direct to the tribunal for contact with an umpire

didn't see it but if you touch an umpire in anyway bar an accidental brush, a player then should get at least 4 weeks & depending on the severity even more......i just wonder if any leniency will be granted to him given he is an AFL listed player

edit, just watched it, no malice or intent to hurt the umpire in it at all, but the fact he gently pushed a couple of times & kept arguing should be enough to give him a 2 or 3 week holiday, if not then all players are entitled to do the same & off course that is a complete no no
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:53 pm

Big Phil wrote:Andrew Moore sent direct to the tribunal for contact with an umpire

Not a good look for the game is it ??

You just don't do that. The umpire must be respected and safe at all times.

Not on IMO
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:52 am

I kind of understand why Moore did what he did, in the heat of the moment, but making contact with an umpire, when not by accident during game time, is just not on...

Moore had a few team-mates flanking him, including Paul Stewart who had a bit to say to umpire Craig Fleer, as well...

If Moore wanted to express his frustrations as to what was happening to him, he could have easily used Stewart to show what was happening...

I understand that in the heat of the moment and due to his frustration he wanted to express to the umpire what he was frustrated at...

But, the manner in which he went about it was not only wrong but certainly not a good look, especially when being broadcast on television...

I think the MRP will suspend him so that it sends a strong message to the competition, and in general, that contacting an umpire is not acceptable...

Will be interesting to see the outcome of the hearing this eveining...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Moore Got 3 weeks
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:14 pm

Thiele wrote:Moore Got 3 weeks

Soft.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:52 pm

Southee wrote:

Soft.

i thought 3
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Port are appealing he decsion
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:05 pm

Thiele wrote:
Port are appealing he decsion

i heard that on the radio, i can not believe in this day & age this appeal is happening, they ram down our throats for KIDS to be respecting the umpires in all ways, don't abuse, don't TOUCH etc, so now an AFL franchise has the audacity to challenge, it shows straight away Port has no respect for the umpire concern or indeed the penalty  given & i dare say for the entire competition........if i was a 19 year old last pick player at a league (any) club & did this, do you think my club (any) would appeal ?

this is a JOKE by PORT & PORT in this case is a JOKE

what message does this send KIDS ? who are the the future of the sport

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down