Ben W
howthewestwaswon
bayman
The Emperor
Booney
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Round 3: Port v Glenelg.  Saturday 13 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Round 3: Port v Glenelg. Saturday 13 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by Admin Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:40 am

Port v Glenelg

Saturday 13 April
Alberton Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: ABC1

Port are coming off a fast finishing 6 point loss to Sturt, while Glenelg are coming off being hammered at home by Norwood. Will Port open their account in their first home game of the season, or will Glenelg return to the winners circle?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Port v Glenelg.  Saturday 13 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Port v Glenelg. Saturday 13 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by Booney Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Tough game to pick here. Both sides will want a win, desperately so for the home team.

Will watch AFL inclusions with interest this week. I dont see Port having Johncock again....or maybe we will. Shocked

Last edited by Booney on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Something about needing a stiff drink... ;-))
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Port v Glenelg.  Saturday 13 April @ Alberton Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Port v Glenelg. Saturday 13 April @ Alberton Oval

Post by The Emperor Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:53 pm

good to see some advertising along port rd for the match
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:42 pm

The Emperor wrote:good to see some advertising along port rd for the match

i noticed that last week & though it was up early, Glenelg had the same type of electronic board on Anzac Highway during last week

good promotion by the clubs
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:46 pm

i've seen both teams play their respective matches, with Button, Kirkby & probably Lynch to come back in i'd suggest Glenelg will have a comfortable victory, i know he kicked 7 but i didn't think Johncock was that good last week, i thought Tamblyn had the better of him for most of the night, this could just go down to who wins the ruck between Cockshell & Mickieljon against Button & Mcginty & the full forwards of Butcher v Kirkby but having said that i still think Glenelg will have a comfortable victory
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Glenelg by 5-6 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:13 pm

Have to say the bays as well, by 18pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Can't pick it. As said elsewhere, the inclusion of Johncock may be the difference in this game.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Glenelg to win this one.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Expect a good showing from the Magpies in our first home game of the year, seems like we have been waiting for ages for one.

McKernans inclusion could unsettle the Bays forward structure, I'd imagine he would be meeting some of the blokes tomorrow morning and playing as a key forward he may take a little time to settle.

Rucks will (as in all games) go along way to deciding this match and once more I find myself saying I want more out of Jimmy and Cocky. They should dominate opposition ruck duo's....should.

Butcher, Thurgood, Harder and Johansen give us some targets.

Early going but if Port drop this and go 0-3 it's a hell of a long way back.

Pies by 19 points.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Picking Glenelg due to the impressive forward line they have with Kirby,McKernan and McNeil. Hender and Hitchcock usually bob up with a couple also.

Port without Johncock will be a little reliant on Butcher to kick a winning score.

brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Hard to choose this one as Port will be keen to show something in their first home hitout. Glenelg should be determined to bounce back from last weeks debacle however and the inclusions on Kirkby and McKernan should give them the firepower to do so. Glenelg by 13 points.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:27 pm

Port won by 2 points (haven't got my budget with me so can someone put the scores up please)

well i thought it was two ordinary teams with scrappy skills having a crack & it just happened to be Port in front when the siren sounded (not that you could hear it in the outer), Mckernan could of had a dream start but missed his set shot as did others in the first term where a healthy lead could easily have been established, after Mckernans' first kick it all went down hill from there for him & as was pointed out to me he drops his head too much in marking contests & heaven forbid never ever let him ruck again, he got slaughtered, as most on here know i don't rate Hitchcock as he seems a little 'shy of the contest' but his game today both with the ball & his work rate off the ball was tremendous & it was clearly his best game for Glenelg, Logan was great & Tapp proved he is a quality defender with his pack marking & general field play & every player did try hard, also
thought Hender was good early, i thought Massie erred when Harder went to Full Forward & left Bradley on him, the obvious forward structures floundered when Kirkby went off & while he hadn't done much he is always dangerous as evident from his previous games (all goals after half time), we still had our chances especially with Davenport (twice) running into an open goal, so while disappointed with the result i'm happy that the guys could've given up after Tenace & Kirkby went down & we almost pulled off a big character building win, i feel it does help build that character a bit anyway
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum