Port Adelaide Usage of Players & Penalty for breaches

4 posters

Go down

Port Adelaide Usage of Players & Penalty for breaches Empty Port Adelaide Usage of Players & Penalty for breaches

Post by Panthers64 Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Last week 2 AFL listed players for Port Adelaide namely Paul Stewart and Dougal Howard were not listed as injured and did not play in either the AFL or SANFL competitions. Port Adelaide played 3 "top up" players in SANFL - Summerton, Sharrad & Ross.
If those non-playing AFL players were available and were deliberately not played , does this constitute a breach of Port Adelaide's SANFL agreement?
What is the penalty for player breaches of this type? Should they forfeit match points?
Panthers64
Panthers64

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Port Adelaide Usage of Players & Penalty for breaches Empty Re: Port Adelaide Usage of Players & Penalty for breaches

Post by Booney Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Urggh.

Paul Stewart was the emergency for the PAFC AFL side and Dougal Howard suffered a stress fracture last week and will miss 5-7 weeks. ( Mitchell and Young played SANFL )

IN: Redden
OUT: Butcher (omitted)
Interchange: Cornes, Monfries, Redden, Impey
Emergencies: Mitchell, Stewart, Young

While the Power’s injury list is whittling down, it has also seen the addition of draft recruit Dougal Howard to the wounded, after the former Murray Bushranger suffered a stress fracture in his lower leg last week.

He missed Port Adelaide’s opening SANFL game against South Adelaide at the weekend and will take between 5-6 weeks to recover from the injury.

Crisis averted.

Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Port Adelaide Usage of Players & Penalty for breaches Empty Re: Port Adelaide Usage of Players & Penalty for breaches

Post by Panthers64 Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:19 pm

OK . Howard was not listed as injured until today (13/4/15)
I note Stewart was kept as emergency. My question is really what is the penalty SHOULD Port Adelaide breach this condition?
Panthers64
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Howard wasn't named for Friday nights game, so when his name pops up on the injury list on the website doesn't really matter now, does it?

If and when a breach occurs, worry about it then, or contact your friendly local SANFL representative. I'm sure there is measures in place, but, like anything PAFC / SANFL related it will be an untrustworthy conspiracy that is all lies and bull dust.

Ergo, I can't be arsed commenting on any PAFC SANFL games....
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Booney wrote:Howard wasn't named for Friday nights game, so when his name pops up on the injury list on the website doesn't really matter now, does it?

Well it kinda does, because if not on an injury list it would constitute the type of breach Panthers was referring to.

I think the bigger problem here is moreso communication and transparency to the average football follower. I don't blame Port for that either, that's something the SANFL need to lead the way on. And this is only one example of it.

I'm sure both Port, and those who needed to know, knew of Howard's injury well before Friday night's game.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:11 pm

I note too , that much to my surprise Port Adelaide fielded a very strong Reserves team on Friday night. I'm not sure where these players come from as there is no Port Adelaide zone - and they cannot be all top up players. Also , if their 'league' top-up players receive a maximum of $400 a game - how much do their reserve players receive? These questions may sound pedantic , but if they are going to compete in the SANFL (of which they are "invited guests") there should be no ambiguity with financial matters or penalties.
Panthers64
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:16 pm

Scrunch wrote:
Booney wrote:Howard wasn't named for Friday nights game, so when his name pops up on the injury list on the website doesn't really matter now, does it?

Well it kinda does, because if not on an injury list it would constitute the type of breach Panthers was referring to.

I think the bigger problem here is moreso communication and transparency to the average football follower. I don't blame Port for that either, that's something the SANFL need to lead the way on. And this is only one example of it.

I'm sure both Port, and those who needed to know, knew of Howard's injury well before Friday night's game

He wasn't named for Friday night, as such, an administrative department / web master should have had his name on the injury list within minutes of his being ruled out. We slipped there, for sure.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Panthers64 wrote:I note too , that much to my surprise Port Adelaide fielded a very strong Reserves team on Friday night. I'm not sure where these players come from as there is no Port Adelaide zone - and they cannot be all top up players. Also , if their 'league' top-up players receive a maximum of $400 a game - how much do their reserve players receive? These questions may sound pedantic , but if they are going to compete in the SANFL (of which they are "invited guests") there should be no ambiguity with financial matters or penalties.

Port Adelaide Academy side was assembled from many of Port Adelaide under age zones last year, the players and their grass roots clubs are available here.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/football/players-and-coaches/academy-players

The Academy team set up is available here.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2228/

Academy team
• Port Adelaide Magpies to have an academy team in the SANFL reserves competition.
• Such players receive a maximum of $100 per match at reserves level.

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:26 pm

Booney wrote:He wasn't named for Friday night, as such, an administrative department / web master should have had his name on the injury list within minutes of his being ruled out. We slipped there, for sure.

Im fairly sure a stress fracture wouldn't have been diagnosed at the selection table Wink

I don't think it's unreasonable for the football public to know why your AFL listed players are unavailable given the rules in place for your club.

As I said though, Im sure those that needed to know at the SANFL and/or South would have been aware. At the end of the day it shouldn't matter to your opponents, they should be %100 focussed on trying to beat whichever 21 you name, no different to any other opponent.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:25 am

I doubt web sites would or could be updated that quickly once injuries are reported. Certainly not a sound basis to try and determine any possible rule breaches in my opinion.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Panthers64 Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:42 am

I'm happy with explanations. Will move on.
Panthers64
Panthers64

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down