Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10.

+11
Lee
Scrunch
Southee
countrycousin
testy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
PhilH
bayman
blueandwhite
Aceman
Paul
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10. - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10.

Post by bayman Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:29 pm

Lee wrote:Understand that totally, cc.

i concur

i will add i used to ''hate'' Port but the Port i ''hated'' does not exist anymore, despite what they tell us/me
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10. - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10.

Post by Gingernuts Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:25 am

Noticed Gotch making comment about the fact that they will have to re-evaluate playing the AFL reserves outfits on a Friday night due to the significant disadvantage in preparation.

Very fair comment IMO. Having blokes have to roll in from their day job and then get up to take on a team of professionals is a big ask.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:34 am

He makes an interesting point there, Ginge.

West play Adelaide this Friday night, so it will be interesting if there's a pattern.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:16 am

Yes that's an advantage I certainly hadn't thought of before
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:47 pm

Well considering I know of a few of the boys who got out of bed at about 4.30 am for a early 6 am start in a trade job and busted their backsides!!!!....you need to ask questions just how fair this set up is ..... Shocked ....

The professionals probably got up and had a coffee in bed while playing their playstation 4 in the morning and moaned they had to travel to Noarlunga !!!
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:56 pm

Southee wrote:Well considering I know of a few of the boys who got out of bed at about 4.30 am for a early 6 am start in a trade job and busted their backsides!!!!....you need to ask questions just how fair this set up is ..... Shocked ....

The professionals probably got up and had a coffee in bed while playing their playstation 4 in the morning and moaned they had to travel to Noarlunga !!!

You can't argue with them there.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:34 pm

I thought this was an interesting figure from the match.

Crowd: 1,683

I am not sure what the break even number is for the club for a Fri night match under lights, but would suggest that would be well under it.

I chose not to attend because I could not see the point in driving from the north east to noarlunga after work to a match that I tipped Port to win by 60+ points. I suspect I was not the only one that had similar thoughts. Various promises were made about crowd numbers and interest in the SANFL competition, but its my suggestion that its actually gone backwards since.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:39 pm

I think what's happened is that the AFL sides have contributed virtually no numbers to crowd figures, and a percentage of SANFL diehards have boycotted or been repulsed by the AFL presence in the SANFL. It's a lose-lose.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2