Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10.

+11
Lee
Scrunch
Southee
countrycousin
testy
Chambo Off To Work We Go
PhilH
bayman
blueandwhite
Aceman
Paul
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10. Empty Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10.

Post by Lee Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:39 pm

Hard to predict this one, as Port's side is a guess, although they'll have several experienced AFL players.

South finished over Glenelg, but looked to still have problems in some afeas.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10. Empty Re: Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10.

Post by PhilH Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:45 pm

As raised on FOOT-e TIMES last week.

The Powers latest injury report below has, right now, 42 or 43 AFL Listed players available for selection.

IF no one gets injured in the next 4 days
and IF Matt Lobbe is right to play
and IF the Power do not hold back a player as an emergency (they play Saturday Night at home v Sydney)
then the Magpies SANFL IGA League side against the Panthers on Friday Night would have 0 contracted Magpies players involved.

Stay Tuned.

Port Adelaide AFL injury list (as of Monday 6 April)

Andrew Moore – hamstring (available)
Matt Lobbe – quad tightness (assess)
Mason Shaw – groin (1 week)
Billy Frampton – shins (5-6 weeks)*
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10. Empty Re: Round 2 - South v Port at Noarlunga, Friday 7.10.

Post by Southee Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:28 pm

PhilH wrote:As raised on FOOT-e TIMES last week.

The Powers latest injury report below has, right now, 42 or 43 AFL Listed players available for selection.

IF no one gets injured in the next 4 days
and IF Matt Lobbe is right to play
and IF the Power do not hold back a player as an emergency (they play Saturday Night at home v Sydney)
then the Magpies SANFL IGA League side against the Panthers on Friday Night would have 0 contracted Magpies players involved.

Stay Tuned.

Port Adelaide AFL injury list (as of Monday 6 April)

Andrew Moore – hamstring (available)
Matt Lobbe – quad tightness (assess)
Mason Shaw – groin (1 week)
Billy Frampton – shins (5-6 weeks)*

Sounds fair..... Rolling Eyes
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:45 pm

I'll guarantee someone will be 'ruled out' or there'll be an emergency named to enable Summerton to play.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:57 am

Port by 38
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:42 pm

Port by 40, way too much depth.
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Port by 60+

Port will be at full strength will full time AFL trained and salaried players. South will do well if they can stay in touch at 1/2 time, but will likely get flogged in the second half.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:32 pm

Port by 10 goals plus.....

Port = 22 Full time AFL trained players on a excellent salary plus AFL technology with no expense spared.  Computers, tracking systems, coaches and their assistants and their assistants......people to swipe the sweat off the players.

South = 22 part time players who train 3 nights a week for a few hours as they work in full time jobs to make a living (accountants, carpenters, plumbers, students, roof tilers). Volunteer support staff.

This game could get ugly.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 pm

South will win by 16 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:13 pm

Port by a lazy 6 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:59 pm

Ben W wrote:Port by 60+

Port will be at full strength will full time AFL trained and salaried players. South will do well if they can stay in touch at 1/2 time, but will likely get flogged in the second half.

Final Score League
SOUTH: 6.5-41 Defeated by
PORT: 16.11-107

66pt thrashing as tipped above..

If the board of the SAFC choose to simply forfeit these farcical games where we are subjected to a Salary Cap and then expected to play against a group of full time AFL players, they have my full support. They have no chance of winning when the deck is openly loaded, so why bother?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:00 pm

The score flattered us !

They were fitter, more skilled, more polished. To be honest it looked like they were playing at 3/4 pace most of the game. Embarrassing in parts of the game. Poor decision making and skill errors.

The decision to let the Magpies become the Port Power reserve side is a joke. (but what can we do now? - we did not vote it to happen)

Right now I am a little bit worried that some of the team are not up to the standard and in the next few weeks we will find out where we sit in the scheme of things. Quite a few weak links in the side.

Tonight, I thought some players did not want to get the hard ball and were "scared" to attack hard.

Killed in the mid-field.

Best for me - Liddle, Eddy (battled). Way too many passengers who got caught out tonight. Many players missing in action.

I am concerned about the game next week against Sturt.

Will be interested to see how other sides match them (at full strength) in the coming weeks.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Southee, ''weak links'' you'll get Rolfe & a couple of others back which will help against the ''normal teams''...tonight we saw South from just after quarter time go the 18 man defence to limit the damage, as soon as this happened South couldn't score & the game became a farce, it was even worse than a men versus boys scenario
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:14 am

Match reports

FOOT-e TIMES (David Penrose) -   [url= http://footetimes.com/rapid-reaction-rd-2-pa-d-sa/ http://footetimes.com/rapid-reaction-rd-2-pa-d-sa/[/url]

LOCAL FOOTY SA (Kym Morgan) - http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/port-adelaides-emphatic-win-over-south-adelaide-at-noarlunga/story-fnii0294-1227299375373
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:04 am

Anyone who was for these teams entering the SANFL, feel free to remind me how it benefits the comp.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:35 am

Don't get me started on that again F9. My angst still runs deep.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:53 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Anyone who was for these teams entering the SANFL, feel free to remind me how it benefits the comp.

And please feel free to tell me why the power has two reserves sides in the sanfl.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:11 pm

testy wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:Anyone who was for these teams entering the SANFL, feel free to remind me how it benefits the comp.

And please feel free to tell me why the power has two reserves sides in the sanfl.

yeah, i was a bit bemused when i got to Noarlunga last night & saw Port playing in the 'actual' reserves competition, obviously they can have their cake & eat it & in fact the SANFL revolves around Port rather than the other way round
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:13 pm

testy wrote:

That is a very good question. Frankly I didn't realize that was the case until you mentioned it. I thought as from this year they were going to be on the same footing as the Crows. Obviously that's not the case. What do we have to do to get this rubbish redressed? Start boycotting them, as someone suggested? I'd hate to see it come to that, but they're just making their position in this league into a sick joke.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:49 pm

bayman wrote:
testy wrote:

yeah, i was a bit bemused when i got to Noarlunga last night & saw Port playing in the 'actual' reserves competition, obviously they can have their cake & eat it & in fact the SANFL revolves around Port rather than the other way round

Exactly ! Sanfl revolve around them . Would be interested to see how other real sanfl teams would of matched that side last night .
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:30 am

Port only had one non-AFL player (Summerton) in last years GF
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:12 am

Crrect and as I keep saying, when your only non-AFL player is your B & F on big money, then there's a major problem.

The Crows top~up players are genuinely so, as was the intention. Port, as always, push the boundaries. That's fine, but they can't expect respect.

Regardless of that, the other clubs have to beat them and they will.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:37 pm

Yeah they might lose a few games in the season....by choice just to give us the idea that they are still beatable and on a level playing field .

They will fool us all !
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:41 pm

You're quite right Lee. Respect is the key missing piece now, but I suspect they really don't care any more. They are now an AFL franchise first and last. It was different once. I remember a day at Alberton Oval in 1966, when Keith Chessell kicked a goal after the siren to beat them there for the first time in living memory. It wasn't just another exciting win. It was Port at Alberton, that was special. Then of course the Grand Final that year. The scoreboard is indelibly imprinted on my mind Sturt 16.16 Port 8.8. The stuff football supporter dreams were made of. My feet hardly touched the ground all the way back to the car. I'm sure everyone here has a similar memory.  Back then I respected them for the power house they were, which we and everyone else tried to beat. Hated them of course, be respected them all the same. Now I don't even hate them anymore. Certainly not respect, that went down the drain years ago. Now they're just an unwanted intrusion in the SANFL competition.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:46 pm

Understand that totally, cc.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next