Flag No.10
Ben W
Aceman
Bundy
Paul
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville: Saturday 2.10 Empty Round 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville: Saturday 2.10

Post by Lee Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:30 pm

This should be a good clash.

The Eagles will be favoured, but West's trial form was excellent.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville: Saturday 2.10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville: Saturday 2.10

Post by Paul Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:58 am

Eagles by 1 point
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville: Saturday 2.10 Empty Re: Round 2 - Eagles v West at Woodville: Saturday 2.10

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:02 am

If the Eagles are still a bit vulnerable in terms of pace, especially in the midfield, they could be found out there.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:08 pm

bloods 35pts
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:43 pm

Eagles by 50, still not convinced West will be any good this year
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:43 pm

West by 4 goals....too quick for the Eagles.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:59 pm

Aceman wrote:Eagles by 50, still not convinced West will be any good this year

Fair enough, Aceman, but I think they might be OK.

Last edited by Lee on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:14 pm

I think Woodville will win with home ground advantage being a factor. - Woodville 29pts for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Aceman wrote:Eagles by 50, still not convinced West will be any good this year

i've watched them the last two weeks & last week in particular without a couple of first picks or so not playing, impressed me enough to actually have some cash on this week, presuming they're going to be juicy odds i expect, they actually remind me of Glenelg in Mark Mickans tenure there as he built a decent team, West by 3 or 4 goals for mine
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Its an interesting first game for both teams .
West fans are saying they have increased leg speed and trial form has been excellent . One shouldnt place anything in trials if we do 1eagles first trial played without 10 players . Eagles won by 7 goals . Second trial norwood played a seconds team eagles won by 10 . Third trial i swear "gods" took boyd off and put seconds players on and lost by a point .
Pace from what ive seen Boyds injury groin i think it was looks fine . And he looked fast !!
New Eagles game plan looks good when it works
Lets see if it does this week
And Mikan as a coach hes coached us in the past long time ago we know how he coaches as well!!
I'm interested to see if the pup plays
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:02 pm

eagles teams

League
F: Goldsworthy, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Poole, Ainger, Schwarz
C: N. Hayes, Appleton, Jarrad
HB: Rakiwasa, Thompson, P. Raymond
B: Batley, Von Bertouch, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Rowntree, Boyd
INT: Mullins, Templeton, Martyn, C. Hall

Reserves
F: Whittlesea, Heinjus, Press
HF: M. Raymond, Dunstan, Ventura
C: Gaffney, Minney, Haylock
HB: Enright, Ellis, Lloyd
B: Elsworthy, J. Hayes, Woods

R: Baqeri, Rowland, Sinor
INT: Lodge, Westbrook
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:19 pm

That is a very strong Eagles side. Goal to goal especially. Not sure we can get over them this week with so many first gamers.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:45 am

Flag No.9 wrote:That is a very strong Eagles side. Goal to goal especially. Not sure we can get over them this week with so many first gamers.

No Lewis for the eagles may be a hindrance or it may bring in to the side someone with more leg speed.
I do like Bobbie down back a big body the eagles have missed since Grieger left.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:16 pm

Thought it was a great game between the two teams with the right result
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:28 pm

Not so surprisingly to West fans, but probably justifiably a surprise to everyone else, West came from 5 goals down just before 3 quarter time to beat the Eagles by a goal.

West had actually kicked 8 goals without a reply from the Eagles, before two late goals narrowed the margin.

All this with 4 first-gamers, 3 of them from last year's. Under 18's, against a settled Eagles outfit who dominated the game early and mid-game.

Coach Mark Mickan left hospital only in time to look after the last half, with Jack Horan in charge for most of the day.

Ryan Willits dominated the hitouts, but Boyd, Goldsworthy and Rowntree took the ball away consistently, setting up the Eagles change of direction style which defeated West's press easily at times.

Adam Hartlett and Tom Keough stood up well in defence, but West's attack lacked a spearhead, which allowed the Eagles to jump out to a 5 goal to 2 lead.

Both sides were showing quick ball movement at times, with periods of sustained pressure and tackiling.

West started to get on top and had evened the scores at half-time, then jumped 7 points clear early in the third quarter.  The Eagles then fought back to take over the game, with Ainger kicking 4 goals in about 10 minutes and the Eagles adding another one to increase the lead to 30 points.

West scrambled a goal soon after to the bronx cheers of the Eagles crowd, but no-one except the West players and coaches thought they were a chance at that stage.

Coach Mickan was sighted for the first time at the 3/4 time address and a couple of moves became crucial.  The youngsters in the centre were replaced by the bigger and stronger Schmidt and Tuck and they fed off Willits dominance to consistently put West into attack. Haysman blanketed Goldsworthy and the Eagles struggled to find a way forward under West's pressure, which reappeared after going missing in the third quarter.

West dominated to the extent of kicking 6 goals in a row, to kick 3 goals clear, but the Eagles then fought back with 2 late goals, but were never likely to win at that stage.

Riley Milne was quietly effective and dangerous, kicking 4 goals, with Jason Porplyzia adding 3. with another 8 individual goalkickers.

West's youngster played well, with Agostino's goal of the year being defeated by a split-second correct siren call, Haysman effective as a tagger after a quiet game and Will Snelling kicking a goal, finding Inside 50 targets for West's first 2 goals and having a mammoth 8 tackles.

Perhaps the surprise to non-West supporters was the debut of Errin Wasley-Black, named 2nd best by West.  A 'take them on', elite kick player, he showed plenty of class and will be a great addition to West's ranks.

Tom Keough, at full back, was probably West's best over four quarters, but Silverlock, Hill, Willits. Schmidt, Tuck and others were all important.

Apologies to Eagles fans for naturally concentrating on Westies, but the Eagles showed enough to say they'll be well in contention again this year.

In the end, though, winning after being 30 points down with just over a quarter to play and winning at Woodville was massive for a Blood's outfit which looks much different to last year.

Last edited by Lee on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:45 pm

Well done Westies !

Will surprise a few teams this year .
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:49 pm

hospital ? is he or the family ok ? or is there a happy addition to the family ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:12 am

Lee wrote:Coach Mark Mickan left hospital only in time to look after the last half, with Jack Horan in charge for most of the day
What was wrong with Rubbers, Lee?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by brodlach Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:18 am

Think it was severe gastro bug
brodlach
brodlach

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:44 am

That's a massive start to the season for the Blooda. No opposition pencils in a win at Oval Ave.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:54 am

Yes, it was severe gastro, but required a hospital stay and tests and Mark wasn't cleared until late. I think he arrived at the game after half-time.

Yes, Scrunch, really pleasing for us. Thete's been a measure of excitement at City Mazda pre-season, but nothing counts until the real test and the Eagles at Woodville is as tough as you'd want to start the season.
West came back from 5 goals to 2 down early, then, having led 7 to 6, came back from 12 goals to 7 to kick 8 in a row.

I haven't seen that from West for a very long time.

It's only one game, though.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:35 pm

Still buzzing after yesterday.

Probably our best win since to qualifying final in 2013.

Surprised Snelling wasn't listed in the best players. His tackling is ferocious and is going to have a lot of players panicking whenever they get the ball near him.

Keough smashed Wundke again. Should be almost a lock for the state team after probably only just missing out last year.

Willits leadership and voice is outstanding. Was a bit slow with his disposal at times but that will come back after playing in a much lesser league the last couple of years.

Going to be some unlucky players miss out with Caire and probably Hardy to come back in next week.

Exciting times ahead.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:26 pm

BloodnTars wrote:

Keough smashed Wundke again.

i spoke to my Eagles man today at the Globe Derby trials & he told me Michael Wundkes' physical shape for a league player is disgraceful & is sporting possibly the worst haircut in the SANFL, a sort of half- head shaved with the top half bushy on top or something like that

he told me he heard a West fan say after Wundke had made a simple error, "how about doing us all a favour Wundke, and shave the other half off as well".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so how bad is the hair cut & how bad is his shape ?? my man thinks he should be in the reserves regardless of ability until he gets fitter
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:26 pm

Very good write up of the game by Phil Herden on Foot E Times.

http://footetimes.com/rapid-reaction-rd-2-wa-d-ea/
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:53 pm

bayman wrote:
BloodnTars wrote:

Keough smashed Wundke again.

i spoke to my Eagles man today at the Globe Derby trials & he told me Michael Wundkes' physical shape for a league player is disgraceful & is sporting possibly the worst haircut in the SANFL, a sort of half- head shaved with the top half bushy on top or something like that

he told me he heard a West fan say after Wundke had made a simple error, "how about doing us all a favour Wundke, and shave the other half off as well".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so how bad is the hair cut & how bad is his shape ?? my man thinks he should be in the reserves regardless of ability until he gets fitter

The pies ran out at Noarlunga but sounds like an abundance at Woodville !!!

Saw wunks at the Good Friday clash and thought I was in better shape ! .... And that's saying something . Trust me !!!! Shocked
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next