Paul
bayman
PhilH
Scrunch
goddy11
Brucetiki
15 posters

Go down

Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 4 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 4 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:12 pm

West played 3 quarters of footy and still managed to thump North, while the Eagles survived a solid challenge from Centrals. Will Westies make it 2 from 2 against the Eagles this year, or will the Eagles defeat West, and subsequently every side in the comp this year?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 4 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 4 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:14 pm

i'm thinking West will be too quick for the eagles in what could be a preview of what we could see in September, West by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 4 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 4 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by goddy11 Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:11 am

I'm worried about this game. West are the big improvers this year and are playing good football. Eagles by 2 goals but they need to be at their best.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:52 am

Genuine blockbuster this one, hope it's the TV game
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Scrunch wrote:Genuine blockbuster this one, hope it's the TV game

No, unfortunately it's not...

The TV game is the South v Adelaide clash from Hickinbotham Ova...

This game is being Broadcast via the SANFL Audio Stream, on their website...

Chris Kendall and Grant Coffee will be commentating the contest, which should be a ripper...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Just to advise why this is the case . bar the last round, all the media allocations were done at the start of the season.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:07 pm

PhilH wrote:Just to advise why this is the case . bar the last round, all the media allocations were done at the start of the season.

Yes, thanks for that PhilH...

I should have mentioned this in my post...

And, of course, at the start of the season when the allocation is done, ladder positions aren't known...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:09 pm

I can add the West v Glenelg game on July 11th is on Life FM with myself and John Nankivell.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:53 pm

will coach Mickan turn up for the start of this game ? Laughing Laughing
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:29 am

Good pick up, Bayman.

He vertainly had an impact last time when he did turn up.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:20 pm

West by 1 point
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:02 pm

Eagles by 5-6 goals, best side in the comp currently
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:23 pm

Bloods 23pts in what could be soon a battle for top position.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Bloods by les then 10 points in what hopefully is a cracker of a game. Look a bit quick for the Eagles.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:56 pm

I think this game is now the TV game for this week.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Lee wrote:I think this game is now the TV game for this week.

Correct...

Channel 7 were setting up down at Noarlunga this morning and then of course the Phil Walsh tragedy unfolded...

Good that this game is getting TV coverage as it should be a ripper but terribe circumstances in which it has eventuated...

Also means CK and Grant Coffee wont be commentating it now for the SANFL audio stream...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:51 pm

Does that mean there is no radio/audio coverage of it?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Lee wrote:I think this game is now the TV game for this week.

Correct...

Channel 7 were setting up down at Noarlunga this morning and then of course the Phil Walsh tragedy unfolded...

Good that this game is getting TV coverage as it should be a ripper but terribe circumstances in which it has eventuated...

Also means CK and Grant Coffee wont be commentating it now for the SANFL audio stream...

thank goodness, gives the game the coverage it deserves, with the best commentators outside of john nankivell and big phil
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:54 pm

eagles seemed to shut down west's run a lot, but west did break free a bit more in the last quarter. fair crowd there, always good to get lunch from the famous west bbq and enjoy the game before a beer in the club after.
sanfl app down a bit for other games, but was able to tune in to life fm for a wbile, usual great work there by john and doug oakleigh, same with rph with their best callers with big phil and don.
great to see the tribute to phil walsh pre-game also.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:51 pm

Crowd 3,639
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:44 am

West lost by only 15 points, but it was hard not to come away thinking we'd seen two different games.

I thought the first quarter was fairly even, but the Eagles were efficient and converted and West were forced wide and their forward 50 entries were poor.

The next two quarters looked like the top side against an up-and-comer, with the Eagles looking well structured and skilfull, while West looked well outplayed. They didn't help themselves with wayward kicking and missed opportunities, but the Eagles were really a lass above and converted their chances.

From a 10 goal lead to the Eagles to a 15 point loss, the last quarter could be viewed in a number of ways. Did the Eagles take their foot off the pedal? Probably. Did West play a different style and learn something about how to play the Eagles structure? Certainly.

Both sides had missing key players. Boyd and Goldsworthy and Thurlow on one side, Fielke (a late withdrawal), Ezard and all the exciting new juniors (including 3 U18 All Australians in Francis, Snelling & Bonner).

Conclusion: The Eagles are rightly Premiership favourites, while West have some work to do, but can look forward to their next clash with the Eagles (if there is one).
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:43 am

Lee wrote:West lost by only 15 points, but it was hard not to come away thinking we'd seen two different games.

I thought the first quarter was fairly even, but the Eagles were efficient and converted and West were forced wide and their forward 50 entries were poor.

The next two quarters looked like the top side against an up-and-comer, with the Eagles looking well structured and skilfull, while West looked well outplayed.  They didn't help themselves with wayward kicking and missed opportunities, but the Eagles were really a lass above and converted their chances.

From a 10 goal lead to the Eagles to a 15 point loss, the last quarter could be viewed in a number of ways.  Did the Eagles take their foot off the pedal? Probably.  Did West play a different style and learn something about how to play the Eagles structure? Certainly.

Both sides had missing key players.  Boyd and Goldsworthy and Thurlow on one side, Fielke (a late withdrawal), Ezard and all the exciting new juniors (including 3 U18 All Australians in Francis, Snelling & Bonner).

Conclusion:  The Eagles are rightly Premiership favourites, while West have some work to do, but can look forward to their next clash with the Eagles (if there is one).

Yep we will see them again in the 2nd semi final.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Tuck offered a week
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:49 pm

I didn't think the crowd was that big, but the 3,639 quoted is the highest between the clubs for a minor round match since Round 13 2005. 5,138 were at the first match at Thebarton for 16 years.

The highest attendance at Richmond between the two since Round 2 1993 - 3,669.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down